• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

joe2187

Banned
If thy fixed the survival mode, gave out more things to buy in the store, gave 50 more for wins, and had double fm weekends it'd be perfect. But they get stingy because there isn't much besides colors and costumes, the latter of which most people only fuck with ones for certain characters. Oh but themes exist, but who cares about those lol

Edit: forgot about stages but that's not truly enough from a content perspective.

What survival mode needs

- Not to be disconnected when the servers are fucked and lose all progress
- To spend points, on quitting and returning back to your previous stage or the ability to spend all of your points at least once after dying and continuing.

Kashiwaba

What survival mode needs

- To spend points, on quitting and returning back to your previous stage or the ability to spend all of your points at least once after dying and continuing.

The bold one no longer happens now when if you disconnect after you beat it they give you the option to reconnect and get the fm.

myco666

What survival mode needs

Normal, hard and extreme should also be way shorter. Especially that stupid extreme mode. 100 stages is just way too much. Or if they have to have so many stages just give rewards from every 10 stages the player beats instead of stacking it all to the end.

Oh god. Continues would be a godsend. And maybe more types of powerups like poison and shit like that. Make it interesting, fun, and helpful.

HardRojo

I hardly buy all of the colors available, I did get all the stages so far and about 4 or 5 story costumes. I'm currently at about 300k FM and I did earn over a million since I got the trophy. Guess I'll be able to check my total FM earned when the new CFN arrives.

Edit: I totally forgot Survival Mode was a thing lol, haven't bothered with that shit in a long time. Hard and Hell/Extreme survival trophies are the only ones keeping me away from the Platinum trophy.

myco666

More powerups would be great and I would like powerups to stack. What I mean is to have something like attack up stay for 3 rounds instead of one and then you could pick new one on top of it. As it is now picking anything other than health up is not really worth it but I think this would make the lower attack and defense ups actually worth the consideration.

Spent 800k, have like 280k left.
Feels like I'm going on FM welfare soon.

Though tbh, I still have a bunch of stuff that I simply didn't care to do, like half the trials, and a whole bunch of easy/normal survival.

Kashiwaba

I heard there was a character that had a poison gimmick and apparently he was a launch character. They must have removed him from the game though.

When i play with my friends, since I'm the best SFV player within my friends circle way better than any of them since I'm the only one who plays it regularly. As a handicap when we play the game for fun when we gather they always force me to choose Fang​ as a handicap :p and that's how we get over the missing handicap feature in SFV :).

I'm in Momochi's pool at combo breaker.

Why am I doing this again?
For how much it'll help you level up!

Is there maintenance today?

Tried to log in for the first time in two months and couldn't.

Probably a sign.
I know it's not a big thing in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that I can actually pull shit like this off in regular matches in IJ2 just kills my motivation to play SFV again.

After so much SFV, I really had forgotten how much fun long combos are.

EDIT: Though I just realized what I said has no relevance to what you said but I stand by it!

Skilletor

I know it's not a big thing in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that I can actually pull shit like this off in regular matches in IJ2 just kills my motivation to play SFV again.

EDIT: Though I just realized what I said has no relevance to what you said but I stand by it!

That's sexy af. Yeah, I'm just having fun being able to zone and rush down with Black Adam, play a strong midgame with Damian. Anti Airs are so good!

But, as you said. Offtopic. :p

I got disconnected from the server almost immediately today and yesterday it happened a couple of times, too. The current CFN is being left behind.

Definitely feelsl ike that, lol. Has felt that way pretty much since S2.

HardRojo

Long combos are meh in actual gameplay, I only like them in combo videos for obvious reasons. It's one of the reasons I like SFV a lot more than SF4. If you want long combos you got Marvel for that I guess, luckily you'll be able to break them in MvCI. I prefer neutral spacing and footsies, moment to moment gameplay (without 50/50 BS the likes of Laura and Mika) that shows how well one is able to control their character and the situations in the match. I might end up purchasing I2, not soon though, will wait for a discount since most people who play it here aren't really big FG fans, so I'm sure I'll be able to catch up in a couple of weeks of play.

kirblar

Long combos are meh in actual gameplay, I only like them in combo videos for obvious reasons. It's one of the reasons I like SFV a lot more than SF4. If you want long combos you got Marvel for that I guess, luckily you'll be able to break them in MvCI. I prefer neutral spacing and footsies, moment to moment gameplay (without 50/50 BS the likes of Laura and Mika) that shows how well one is able to control their character and the situations in the match. I might end up purchasing I2, not soon though, will wait for a discount since most people who play it here aren't really big FG fans, so I'm sure I'll be able to catch up in a couple of weeks of play.
V-Trigger was actually a pretty cute solution to long combos in SFV, since it activates them for most characters temporarily without permanently messing w/ overall gameplay from that point forward.

One boom loop a round is cool. Four is not.

I like SF style combos, but Marvel ones are pretty fun too. Gundam doesn't have insane combos either (generally speaking).

That being said, that's why I like playing more than one fighting game. When I want something particular, I can flip that switch.

MrCarter

I earned over 1 mil FM, and currently have like 90k, and I bought both season passes.

I fucking hate the FM system.

I like it it in sense it allows us to obtain characters and stages for free (which most other FG's don't do) but I do think they could increase the allowance.

Kashiwaba

For how much it'll help you level up!

Oh so you're that kind of player lol long combos like this make me hate the game, i might as well just put the controller down and watch the other player juggle me to death, same as SFV mika clap from s1.

Oh so you're that kind of player lol long combos like this make me hate the game, i might as well just put the controller down and watch the other player juggle me to death.

To be fair to IJ2, it has both an air recovery mechanic and a Clash mechanic.

For Air Recovery, you can spend 2 meter while you're in a juggle state mid-air to get out of the state. If the opponent has a read, they can still punish you while you land but it's rare.

While you're on the second half of your health bar (second/third round) you can use a Clash once while getting hit by a combo, where both players can bet meter. If the defender wins the clash, they get health back. If they lose, they lose health (can't die from it).

It's not like characters don't have the options to deal with these situations.

But yes, I see your point. Long combos aren't for everyone, and even in IJ2 some characters have short but hard hitting combos like Bane or Cheetah.

Kashiwaba

To be fair to IJ2, it has both an air recovery mechanic and a Clash mechanic.

For Air Recovery, you can spend 2 meter while you're in a juggle state mid-air to get out of the state. If the opponent has a read, they can still punish you while you land but it's rare.

While you're on the second half of your health bar (second/third round) you can use a Clash once while getting hit by a combo, where both players can bet meter. If the defender wins the clash, they get health back. If they lose, they lose health (can't die from it).

It's not like characters don't have the options to deal with these situations.

But yes, I see your point. Long combos aren't for everyone, and even in IJ2 some characters have short but hard hitting combos like Bane or Cheetah.

I see that makes sense, but i really prefer shorter less juggly combos, though they might get repetitive with time but still i find them more fun to execute and less annoying for the opponent.

I like it it in sense it allows us to obtain characters and stages for free (which most other FG's don't do) but I do think they could increase the allowance.

Boost me on the weekends and up winning a tad bit and I'm Gucci.

Actually weekend boosts from time to time would draw in more players.

MrCarter

Yeah SF was never about long, bloated combos it is more about good fundamentals, reads and spacing that's mainly on the ground. Upcoming Marvel is where the real combos will be lol.

FluxWaveZ

Flux won his first game at toryuken.

And subsequently lost to Justin Wong in winners and then in losers.

The mental aspect of these games and events is too overpowering for me. I played like a nervous wreck, and he told me as much after our first set in winners. I don't know how to get better at this damn game; it's soul sucking.

Got to see countblack fight him, though.

Kashiwaba

And subsequently lost to Justin Wong in winners and then in losers.

The mental aspect of these games and events is too overpowering for me. I played like a nervous wreck, and he told me as much after our first set in winners. I don't know how to get better at this damn game; it's soul sucking.

Got to see countblack fight him, though.

Too bad your matches against Justin were off screen but i guess you did good for your first major tournament.

P.S
Wait countblack is actually our countblack?

Village

I think injustice 2 is cool

oh god

KOF and Tekken on PC means that people might mod the stages in SFV vice versa ( for KOF because tekken is a 3d game and it would be rather hard to do that )

yeee.

I just don't like how Injustice plays. Everything is so weird and stiff. I only got in a few matches at my friend's house, but I was like "this is enough". Still gonna buy so I can dick around with the loot stuff and for casual play with friends, but definitely not my grab.

Tekken, Gundam, and Marvel are the only side games I'm gonna fuck with.

Regardless I hope all FGs do well. Having options in this genre helps every one.

The main thing I don't like about IJ2 is the SFX for when you hit each other. It sounds like there is little to no impact at all, as if you were punching a slab of meat on a hook.

Kashiwaba

The game booted me out of servers and when i reconnected they took 10 lp from me, no idea what's wrong and how things work in this game.

Edit: now i got 3 more connection with opponent lost during loading screen, that's it I'm done with this game online till the new cfn is on.

The main thing I don't like about IJ2 is the SFX for when you hit each other. It sounds like there is little to no impact at all, as if you were punching a slab of meat on a hook.
For me it's the fact that there is no pause on hit and block like there is for SF. MK and IJ almost looks like they are punching through each other compared to SF. The impact is lessened.

Plus the "animations suck" lol

mbpm1

Man, a FANG player got tilted as fuck playing against me.

I used back hk to hit him out of the air and then proceeded to hit him a few times grounded with it in neutral.

He then proceeded to spend literally the rest of the match spamming st. hp while I punished him as he spammed it on block and while I was jumping in. This was like 7 seconds of him just pressing st. hp.

Poor FANG players

Top Bottom