• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;237683850 said:
I wasn't having luck with ranked, so I went to find a lobby, saw nothing but question marks and unknown regions, and cried a little inside. The new CFN can't come soon enough.

Yeah lobbies are one thing that needs to be worked on even further after this update. It's great there are flags now but I need that regional filter too.

green hand wouldn't do that much good except, maybe, against guile

wouldn't help much against dhalsim unless it was fast enough to move you forward during dhalsim's limbs recoveries

it probably wouldn't hit birdie's banana or can

Yeah just japes. Snake eyez needs better excuses

Yeah lobbies are one thing that needs to be worked on even further after this update. It's great there are flags now but I need that regional filter too.

Agreed. While the beta was an improvement, it was silly to have to wade through a bunch of lobbies from across the globe in order to find the ones that were relevant.

It's one of those things that would seem relatively straight forward to add, and would have a large positive impact, like including country information when the server sends a list of open lobbies*. So you have to wonder what is going behind the scenes to prevent it being done before.

* Instead it seems that this information is currently transmitted by the individual lobby hosts, which is a strange choice.

Kashiwaba

Ucchedavāda;237694317 said:
Agreed. While the beta was an improvement, it was silly to have to wade through a bunch of lobbies from across the globe in order to find the ones that were relevant.

It's one of those things that would seem relatively straight forward to add, and would have a large positive impact, like including country information when the server sends a list of open lobbies*. So you have to wonder what is going behind the scenes to prevent it being done before.

* Instead it seems that this information is currently transmitted by the individual lobby hosts, which is a strange choice.
Needs filter, more than one fight at once, tournament mode....

Edit Rashid mirrors are the best it's like watching Dragon ball Z fight.

FluxWaveZ

I'm legitimately surprised it's taken him this long.

I'm more surprised that Fuudo hasn't switched a long while ago. I really feel like he'd be the type like Xian, picking a better character who also suits him, and then immediately reaping the results.

But yeah, people continue to jump ship. For any match where Mika decisively wins, she seems broken and people complain about how braindead she is, like it's S1. Those who actually play her, though, know how tough it is.

It's a frustrating situation. I thought Ortiz was going to be switching, but she was playing Chun-Li at Toryuken to eventually get drowned in pools. It's a tough decision to leave behind the time you've put in with a character. NuckleDu's been talking about how he's considering replacing Mika with Birdie to round up his match-ups like in S1 with Guile, since it's not like Mika is too useful for that in S2.

Xian and Fuudo are different situations though. I feel like Fuudo loses because he gets outplayed sometimes, not because of his character. At least the last time I remember one of his CPT matches, it was because of unceremonious drops.

And Chun Li is butt, but Ricki refuses to evolve around the changes. She had a Cammy and I saw her talk about using Birdie (GOD I HOPE SO), but for whatever reason she swings back to good ol' thunder thighs.

FluxWaveZ

Xian and Fuudo are different situations though. I feel like Fuudo loses because he gets outplayed sometimes, not because of his character. At least the last time I remember one of his CPT matches, it was because of unceremonious drops.

Fuudo is a player who excels with footsies. Slowly whittling the opponent down, to get them into position to gain momentum and destroy them. He's trying to play footsies with a character who probably has the worst tools for them in the game, and I'm even including Alex when I say this. It's all well and good that he can manage that, and cr.LK his way to victory against Zangief, but he is objectively climbing a steeper hill with that handicap than he would have if he played pretty much anyone else.

But obviously, he's sticking with Mika because he loves the corner pressure. He's not the dice roll kind of player, but backing them into the corner to do what Mika does best is why he plays her. The thing is, Karin and Cammy have similarly oppressive options in the corner, especially Karin if we want to talk about 50-50s.

I think Fuudo will be dropping her like everyone else eventually, even if he says he still likes her right now.

kirblar

Fuudo is a player who excels with footsies. Slowly whittling the opponent down, to get them into position to gain momentum and destroy them. He's trying to play footsies with a character who probably has the worst tools for them in the game, and I'm even including Alex when I say this. It's all well and good that he can manage that, and cr.LK his way to victory against Zangief, but he is objectively climbing a steeper hill with that handicap than he would have if he played pretty much anyone else.

But obviously, he's sticking with Mika because he loves the corner pressure. He's not the dice roll kind of player, but backing them into the corner to do what Mika does best is why he plays her. The thing is, Karin and Cammy have similarly oppressive options in the corner, especially Karin if we want to talk about 50-50s.

I think Fuudo will be dropping her like everyone else eventually, even if he says he still likes her right now.
Absurd corner pressure was the hallmark of Fei as well.
GTOAkira‏ @Wissem_Amzert 15m15 minutes ago
More
All the info about RAGE the big SFV tournament that took place this weekends https://www.famitsu.com/matome/sfv/topics24.html ...

Replying to @Wissem_Amzert @jchensor and 2 others
This tournament was most likely the reason SFV was not at SAI since RAGE was also on TV
@HellPockets @SDRCAST
Finally an explanation for what the hell was up w/ SFV there.

I'm lurking the thread since day one, I would love to try a couple matches against one of you someday! I have a pretty mediocre Silver Mika, nothing fancy, tho.
Maybe before Tekken takes a good chunk of my gaming time!

The update is definitely coming before July. It'll either be next week or the week or two after.

I hope not. I don't want more Karin players. I like the variety we have now.

Edzi

The update is definitely coming before July. It'll either be next week or the week or two after.

I hope not. I don't want more Karin players. I like the variety we have now.

Lol, definitely? You've been just as confident multiple times before and we got nothing. It's better to just assume it's never coming, then you'll be pleasantly surprised when we finally get it in a few days/weeks/months/years. Maybe I'll see Alex's nostalgia costume before I die if I'm lucky. Probably not though.

Lol, definitely? You've been just as confident multiple times before and we got nothing. It's better to just assume it's never coming, then you'll be pleasantly surprised when we finally get it in a few days/weeks/months/years. Maybe I'll see Alex's nostalgia costume before I die if I'm lucky. Probably not though.

July would be EVO.

But you are right, I've been scorned before.
We will get Necalli nostalga costumes before Alex gets his.

Kashiwaba

Did I miss something or what? When are we getting this April update in July?

Seriously I'd rather they really their time rather than deliver a half baked product again, especially with all the fighting games coming out right now, capcom needs to step up their game. For the past one and half year we had to relevant fighting game to compare SFV to, but now there is Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 soon.

Seriously I'd rather they really their time rather than deliver a half baked product again, especially with all the fighting games coming out right now, capcom needs to step up their game. For the past one and half year we had to relevant fighting game to compare SFV to, but now there is Injustice 2 and Tekken 7 soon.

Thing is, that shit looked done to me.

MCD250

Color 11 on Cammy's premium costume is no joke. Black hair and a green and purple color scheme that makes her look like a '60s Marvel villain. Think I'll stick with it for a minute.

Pachinko

So, who thinks we'll actually get a capcom bog update this week ?

They must have finished pouring over the beta data by now and we're only 8 days from the end of the month. Will we get CFN 2.0 in a couple weeks or will they do a mid month update to make sure there's still a month prior to EVO ?

FluxWaveZ

So he's switching to Karin then.

He says he's leaning more towards Kolin because too many people play Karin. Toryuken this weekend was crawling with Karins all over the place (and Bisons, for some reason).

It's actually getting pretty crazy. Everyone is playing Karin, and she is looking a bit ridiculous right now.

mbpm1

He says he's leaning more towards Kolin because too many people play Karin. Toryuken this weekend was crawling with Karins all over the place (and Bisons, for some reason).

It's actually getting pretty crazy. Everyone is playing Karin, and she is looking a bit ridiculous right now.

karin plays optimum street fighter v

until the next character comes along she's da bes

Sayad

I mean, if Mika isn't good enough for him, he probably wouldn't stick with Kolin for long.

MCD250

Yeah, it's funny because I feel like Karin was all over the place during the first half of S1 or so, then maybe fell off a little towards the end and the beginning of S2. But now, I guess maybe because of Punk, I feel like you see her a lot more often, and placing more prominently too.

Marn's great, I used to hate him but now I get it and he's a trip.

Marn is an animal torturing piece of garbage. Also in the new excellent adventures he "jokes" about firing girls from his Internet cafe because they wouldn't date him. You can safely continue hating him.

remz

Kolin is underrated IMO.... like all DLC characters (except juri and alex) I bet she's going to do really well once people get into the flow with her. she has an interesting kit
I feel like that was kinda the point of her character. A mixup/reset character with relatively low damage but high stun output which can lead to even more mixups/reset.

Would make sense with the freeze gimmick making stuns for her even easier than they already are

Would make sense with the freeze gimmick making stuns for her even easier than they already are
And more damaging/dangerous too since you can't mash out of freeze so it lasts longer and it does some small chip damage too which can be a difference maker in some clutch situations. You can also reliably carry them to the corner and still get a fully damaging combo then it's mixup city.

Skilletor

Be honest. It's because she has larger breasts.

Top Bottom