• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

VariantX

Red Bull are looking for FGC votes to decide the best Street Fighter YouTuber.

Chad looks to be winning. I voted for Core-A. To each their own.

When I get off work, definitely giving Vesper a vote. Spent probably hundreds of hours watching him struggle with characters for a few days before he figures them out.

ElFly

a bunch of people play Ed online nowadays

somehow it is a p hard fight for Zangief I think? I know that after the burning knuckle he is open but sometimes he is not?

haven't meat any menats or abigails :(

Kalentan

Man fuck Abigail, not only is he not fun to fight but he just looks so bad. Like easily the worst looking character in the game.

kikiribu

Man fuck Abigail, not only is he not fun to fight but he just looks so bad. Like easily the worst looking character in the game.
Couldn't disagree more. Maybe you don't like his default look? His alt costumes are easily some of my favorites in the game, and his animations are simply godlike

Kalentan

Couldn't disagree more. Maybe you don't like his default look? His alt costumes are easily some of my favorites in the game, and his animations are simply godlike

What? He looks like he walked out of 90s comics. He's a relic of an age of horrible character designs. One of the worst in years.

What if it was ZGs internet that was causing the issues?

Maybe, but that wouldn't explain why I see myself in streams playing against different people with good connections and them seeing the same thing what I see on my screen.

If you ever played a P2P game like CoD, have you ever blame your connection when the other player with yellow bars kills you and the network error icon shows up?

it comes down to ISP. A user on Steam reported that every laggy player he faced in the UK used Virgin Media and you can google: Virgin Media ISP Lag and see the results yourself.

For me, I'm just unlucky with this game.

Blueblur1

X-Kira made a large post over at r/SF

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/6xesm8/zeku_might_get_announced_soon_at_tgs/dmfo6f2/

The second half of the text is copied from one of yesterday's FB posts but the first half is interesting. They talk about the Steam db activity and why they suspect Zeku will be announced at TGS. X-Kira also suspects Extra Battle mode to be unveiled soon; possibly at TGS.

At this point, I've ready to believe. I think the end of 2017 is gonna be real good.

Neoxon

X-Kira made a large post over at r/SF

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/6xesm8/zeku_might_get_announced_soon_at_tgs/dmfo6f2/

The second half of the text is copied from one of yesterday's FB posts but the first half is interesting. They talk about the Steam db activity and why they suspect Zeku will be announced at TGS. X-Kira also suspects Extra Battle mode to be unveiled soon; possibly at TGS.

At this point, I've ready to believe. I think the end of 2017 is gonna be real good.
While I could see a quick reveal-to-release timeframe for Zeku, my main concern is the fact that MvCI is dropping this month. I'm not sure if Capcom would want MvCI & SFV stuff to overlap like that.

As for Extra Battle, I could honestly see that being saved for the initial Season 3 update.

TheOGB

Banned
I like to think that in-game, full sentence-speaking Battle Costume Abigail is a different
and better
character from default costume story mode Abigail

Xeteh

I assume people who actually think his design is good must be joking or something because there is nothing redeemable about it.

Yep, people who disagree with you must be lying. We all got together to plan this elaborate ruse just to fool you.

nded

I like Abigail. I like Street Fighter's willingness to include the weird and grotesque in general and am always dismayed when people think good character design only applies to attractive characters.

Kalentan

Yep, people who disagree with you must be lying. We all got together to plan this elaborate ruse just to fool you.

Well someone could at least give a reason as to why they think the design is good?

I guess if you say it's a parody of character designs of the 90s then I guess it has some value but other than that..? It's a weak design in an otherwise good designed roster.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Well someone could at least give a reason as to why they think the design is good?

I guess if you say it's a parody of character designs of the 90s then I guess it has some value but other than that..? It's a weak design in an otherwise good designed roster.

He's totally over the top and fills the screen both figuratively and literally. Amazing animations and personality.

Edit: oh, and fun moves and fun to play.

Blueblur1

While I could see a quick reveal-to-release timeframe for Zeku, my main concern is the fact that MvCI is dropping this month. I'm not sure if Capcom would want MvCI & SFV stuff to overlap like that.

As for Extra Battle, I could honestly see that being saved for the initial Season 3 update.

I agree with X-Kira's line of thought.

(1) Past TGS reveals (Karin at TGS 2015 and the Urien trailer, Necalli CPT 2016 Costume, & New Stage KO's at TGS 2016)

along with

(2) the how close TGS and SCR are to the typical last-Tuesday-of-the-month (just like Esports Festival was in August)

might be strong indicators that Capcom will announce something at TGS or SCR. TGS will run after Infinite is out so I don't expect them to be hawking it so much. At most it will probably be playable at the Capcom booth and a DLC character trailer will be dropped. Remember, Infinite doesn't have an invitational at TGS but SFV does.

Side note: I suspect SFV will continue to be the main fighting game for Capcom. I don't doubt that the deal Capcom and Marvel have in place is finite and any extension will rely on MvCI performing really well. I suspect that's why Infinite does not use CFN. If the game might get killed - ala UMvC3 - 2 or 3 years down the line then its better to avoid additional CFN work and headaches, IMO. Using platform servers in lieu of CFN also means less support work for Capcom and with the added benefit of server stability.

As for Extra Battle mode, I agree with you. I don't see that one being unveiled ahead of PSX.

---

Edit:

Here's a direct link to the invitational page.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/sfv/

It also has a huge promotional spot on their TGS page.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/

---

2nd Edit:

MvCI isn't even being promoted on their booth page.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/booth/

bubumiao

Just curious, do we have a compiled CFN list besides the heavy hitters on the first page?

If not, I'll make a topic in the discord.

JusDoIt

Side note: I suspect SFV will continue to be the main fighting game for Capcom. I don't doubt that the deal Capcom and Marvel have in place is finite and any extension will rely on MvCI performing really well. I suspect that's why Infinite does not use CFN. If the game might get killed - ala UMvC3 - 2 or 3 years down the line then its better to avoid additional CFN work and headaches, IMO. Using platform servers in lieu of CFN also means less support work for Capcom and with the added benefit of server stability.

Trying to push SFV off the Pro Tour mainstage for Marvel wouldn't make sense long term, anyway. Marvel isn't competitive worldwide like SF.

Trying to push SFV off the Pro Tour mainstage for Marvel wouldn't make sense long term, anyway. Marvel isn't competitive worldwide like SF.
There's also that Capcom learned their lesson from Marvel 3 and will likely avoid setting up a game they don't even completely own as their flagship title.

Top Bottom