• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

MCD250

Ed is lowkey the character that puts me on tilt the most just because of how much his players like to mash reversal.

Ed is lowkey the character that puts me on tilt the most just because of how much his players like to mash reversal.

You're not wrong. The fact that a minus or wakeup situation leads to the Ed player inevitably doing PPP and the fact that that little fuck's fireball goes over F.A.N.G's trap makes me hate that stupid motherfucking matchup.

Skilletor

lol

AKA every pressure situation against Cammy, Ryu, Ken, and Necalli in S1.

Still don't know if I want uppers back the way they were.

MCD250

At least with DPs, the DP motion itself requires a bit more precision and skill to input (even if it's a lot more lax in this game and in IV than it was in the old games). Ed's reversal is just, like, fat guy hand slamming down on all the keys on his phone.

At least with DPs, the DP motion itself requires a bit more precision and skill to input (even if it's a lot more lax in this game and in IV than it was in the old games). Ed's reversal is just, like, fat guy hand slamming down on all the keys on his phone.

But then on the flip side you can meaty Ed's reversal safely, you can't do that with DPs. I love reversal's like Ed or Urien.

Actually, speaking of Bison, why does his charge stuff feel harder to do than other characters? I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong but doing cr mp -> PB reliably is kinda difficult. What moves do you hide your charges with? St hp?

For whatever reason, when I went back to stick, I just am not performing his charges right. It's like I'm starting from scratch (although for whatever reason I can do some sick combos every so often so maybe muscle memory is in these hands somewhere).

Pompadour

Would Bison having a teleport as a v-skill be too strong? :thinking:

How would it build meter? If it builds meter just by doing it then it would be very busted. Bison could flit around the screen like an ass until he got VT.

This is unrelated but it would be cool if Bison, when in VT mode, could release a stored V-Skill fireball without it being tied to an animation from him like it was an assist. A portal just opens up near him and shoots it out.

Like he could do a block string, MP+MK to start the move, then side switch teleport as it hits them from behind. That would be so nasty.

Teh Lurv

Ed's a mashup of the annoying parts of Ken & Urien. You got the mash reversal of S1 Ken and you're one unlucky hit away from a big juggle combo like Urien. At least he has to be in close to pull this stuff off.

How would it build meter? If it builds meter just by doing it then it would be very busted. Bison could flit around the screen like an ass until he got VT.

This is unrelated but it would be cool if Bison, when in VT mode, could release a stored V-Skill fireball without it being tied to an animation from him like it was an assist. A portal just opens up near him and shoots it out.

Like he could do a block string, MP+MK to start the move, then side switch teleport as it hits them from behind. That would be so nasty.

Maybe have a few attacks out of it and if they connect he gets meter?

Also consider he has to work for that charge I think it'd be fair to have something dirty like that

LakeEarth

Ed just needs an overhead, even if it's shitty. I seriously don't understand the logic of giving a character without overheads or switch-side shenanigans the equivalent to Yoga Inferno.

A command throw would be crazy.

I'd like to see that though.

And man his F+HP as a overhead would be so great but so busted. You could catch people ducking and get full combos off of that.

Hope Bison and Abby survive any nerfs coming. Karin, Necaili, and Rog players better enjoy their free wins.

Producer

Mika is more footsie based than Guile, and hers is harder than Abigail. The very reason why playing them makes me feel so much safer than playing Mika is because I don't have to struggle at neutral.

The opponent isn't doing anything and I'm Guile? Let me just throw fireballs all over the place to force them to react. The opponent keeps staying out of Mika's very limited range? As Abigail, let me just swat at them from a mile away with long range pokes. It's the same reason I like playing Birdie.

Mika is different online, especially when games are lagging, because the drop kick becomes way more powerful than it is, which is her one saving grace in the neutral. When that element is removed and players can react in local play, Mika needs to put more effort in the neutral than a lot of other characters. She doesn't have any proper low game, so opponents are free to always walk all over the place without being scared of their feet. The only real special cancellable poke she has is st.MP.

Command grabs aren't super strong when they don't do a lot of damage on their own (except for Typhoon, which completely resets everything to neutral), and you need to take a gamble every single time with a 950 health character who doesn't have a reversal. Lauras have a higher success rate with command grabs because she gives the opponent way more things to think about. Up close, she has + frames. She has an overhead. She has a special cancellable low. She has long range, fast crush counter buttons. She has V-Skill cancels. People will just take a command grab against Mika, because her only other option is being forced to end her pressure early since she has no plus on block medium buttons and no plus on block heavy buttons, except for Lady Mika (which pushes her out far enough that it almost ends her pressure by itself).

pretty much all on point. also ggs last night, i was gonna ask what does one do when abigail does that charged heavy attack that crumples? Just walk up and throw? I also noticed that setup where you'd do it on my wakeup and if i teched at all i'd just get hit, if i dont tech would i be able to recover in time and punish? I havent bought abigail yet so i havent tested none of that lol but it seemed pretty good

FluxWaveZ

pretty much all on point. also ggs last night, i was gonna ask what does one do when abigail does that charged heavy attack that crumples? Just walk up and throw? I also noticed that setup where you'd do it on my wakeup and if i teched at all i'd just get hit, if i dont tech would i be able to recover in time and punish? I havent bought abigail yet so i havent tested none of that lol but it seemed pretty good

GGs. I don't have any concrete setups with that stuff yet with the exception of one: after super in the corner and Abby was in V-Trigger already, the fully charged cr.HP essentially becomes an unblockable. I improvise for other situations.

In other situations, it's about recognizing it, since there's usually a way out. Jumping towards Abigail while he's charging is good. If you see he's doing it right in your face, you'll typically have enough time to wake up and throw him. Multi-hitting DPs on the ground like Chun-Li's will beat Abigail's charging, unless the hyper armor already kicked in.

The typical answer is jumping out of the way, but for all of the above (except for plainly seeing he's charging and doing the appropriate DP), it's not a 100% answer to it because Abigail can decide to release the button whenever he wants. So if I suspect the opponent wants to jump out as they see me charging, I'll release it earlier to hit them out of it.

Producer

GGs. I don't have any concrete setups with that stuff yet with the exception of one: after super in the corner and Abby was in V-Trigger already, the fully charged cr.HP essentially becomes an unblockable. I improvise for other situations.

In other situations, it's about recognizing it, since there's usually a way out. Jumping towards Abigail while he's charging is good. If you see he's doing it right in your face, you'll typically have enough time to wake up and throw him. Multi-hitting DPs on the ground like Chun-Li's will beat Abigail's charging, unless the hyper armor already kicked in.

The typical answer is jumping out of the way, but for all of the above (except for plainly seeing he's charging and doing the appropriate DP), it's not a 100% answer to it because Abigail can decide to release the button whenever he wants. So if I suspect the opponent wants to jump out as they see me charging, I'll release it earlier to hit them out of it.

yeah i've been hit out of a jump before so i didnt even try. I instinctively try to walk back but the proximity block always always messes me up, im gonna have to stop that habit and go for something else. Even though i didnt win a set i feel like i have improved a bit in that matchup

No. Those are two of the most powerful V-Triggers in the entire game.
Karin's is alright with the S2 change, but something that I don't see utilized (especially in tournaments) is that a lot of supers can blow it up almost for free. I believe Rashid's can literally beat out every option.

Top Bottom