• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Never ceases to blow me away when I see folks comboing standing normals into down charge moves.
It's really not that hard if you practice it.

If you get good at it, you can even do that for moves you don't normally see like cancelling Alex's st.mp into a light stungun.

Yeah I too found out, and actually subscribed to Max because of his assist me series, which is genuinely good content.
After that he pretty much went full on "youtuber", complete with ye olde "youtube-thumbnails" and I haven't watched any of his videos since.
I mostly stopped listening to Max, and then I tuned in one day to catch him calling the Overwatch females "dank whores":
https://youtu.be/VnYKEK_gWZ0?t=66

I don't know if it's some kind of meme I've never heard of, but it felt gross to watch.

Zackat

for some reason my brain breaks when I try to play charge characters in matches. I just need to do it and not get annoyed by the losses.

for some reason my brain breaks when I try to play charge characters in matches. I just need to do it and not get annoyed by the losses.

Would be nice if this game had some mode where you could play against the AI that slowly increases difficulty, you might be able to use it to practice inputs and stuff before going online.

Hmm, I wonder what they could call that mode. Arcade? No that's stupid.
I mostly stopped listening to Max, and then I tuned in one day to catch him calling the Overwatch females "dank whores":

I don't know if it's some kind of meme I've never heard of, but it felt gross to watch.
It's stuff like this is why I legitimately had to ask in this thread why he's so popular in the fighting game community. His streaming work is all shit.

Would be nice if this game had some mode where you could play against the AI that slowly increases difficulty, you might be able to use it to practice inputs and stuff before going online.

That sounds like survival mode tbh

Marvel

could never
I used to hate and not understand charge, now I can't go back tbh. I find the style fun and engaging.

Serious time was put in to make the full time switch mentally and physically. Confident in this style now.

Zackat

There has to be a better way to train players to play than arcade mode. Like series of mini-games or something.

I just find that when the computers read my inputs they are way too lame/difficult, and before that it is way too easy to cheese them out.

I understand people want it and that's fine. But still, I just can't help but think there is a better way.

I've always wondered how viable it would be to make a character with forward charge.

As in you had to hold forward and then press back to execute a particular move.

Super Survival 2 Turbo

And takes two rounds to win, with actual match like conditions.

That just sounds like survival with more steps

Edit: I think the best way to learn charge is to play with a half charge, half motion character like Alex or Urien. Helps you learn charging without leaving you with solely charge specials.

Mizerman

I know I'm 100% late on this--and my old man memory probably forgot--but I never realized Abi's throw off his run actually was in FF. Mind blown.

2017-07-18-abigailtoss.gif

Yep and I hated the hell out of that throw.

wtf is going on behind the statue of liberty in that gif!?!?

Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go.

I give it 100 posts before it devolves in to talking about sales, how EVO doesn't matter, arcade mode, and bringing up IJ2.

Right? The same folks would be crowing had the viewership was lower than expected.

JusDoIt

There has to be a better way to train players to play than arcade mode. Like series of mini-games or something.

I just find that when the computers read my inputs they are way too lame/difficult, and before that it is way too easy to cheese them out.

I understand people want it and that's fine. But still, I just can't help but think there is a better way.

I don't think any game has really figured out how to make a game out of teaching fighting games. Xrd's Jack-O' minion tutorial comes close. KI and Skullgirls also did interesting stuff. But I don't think nobody really knows how to do it, which is why we got the trend of devs trying to make games simpler to play instead.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Keylow415

He uses that phrase for males too not just females but I don't get the dank stuff at all or some if there other shit so it doesn't bother me that much . I just don't think it's funny and kind of lame.

Zackat

When they add more characters they are going to have to change the select screen right? Like they can't just keep making it smaller and smaller.... right?

Ken might have a chance to be beautiful again.

I don't think any game has really figured out how to make a game out of teaching fighting games. Xrd's Jack-O' minion tutorial comes close. KI and Skullgirls also did interesting stuff. But I don't think nobody really knows how to do it, which is why we got the trend of devs trying to make games simpler to play instead.
Virtua Fighter Quest Mode...

Skilletor

It's fun to watch people come up with excuses about SF5 @ evo and make all of these excuses. Nobody can just say, "People like the game."

Teh Lurv

It'd be a nice addition to training mode if you could toggle on a visible charge meter for charge specials, so players don't have to learn by feel when the charging starts or how long it takes to build enough charge for X move.

Mizerman

It's fun to watch people come up with excuses about SF5 @ evo and make all of these excuses. Nobody can just say, "People like the game."

Like I said earlier, those same people would've been gloating had reports of lower viewership came in. They've would've gladly made a thread about it and the concern trolling would have came in full force. Now, because there's something positive about SFV that they can't easily brush away, all that good shit they was typing about started to disappear and they just reverted into their usual talking points.

Skilletor

I just watch SFV at EVO for the commercials.

Like I said earlier, those same people would've been gloating had reports of lower viewership came in. They've would've gladly made a thread about it and the concern trolling would have came in full force. Now, because there's something positive about SFV that they can't easily brush away, all that good shit they was typing about started to disappear and they just reverted into their usual talking points.

For sure. Lol.

People have legit complaints about sf5 for sure. Ive voiced a lot myself, but esports is the one area where Capcom hasn't made a mistake.

I hope s3 knocks it our if the park, because next year could be amazing if they do. So many new, amazing games coming out. A huge opportunity for growths.

Neoxon

For sure. Lol.

People have legit complaints about sf5 for sure. Ive voiced a lot myself, but esports is the one area where Capcom hasn't made a mistake.

I hope s3 knocks it our if the park, because next year could be amazing if they do. So many new, amazing games coming out. A huge opportunity for growths.
Nailed it. Nothing's wrong with legitimate complaints, which quite a few people have. The problem is that people who just have blind hate give those with reasonable gripes a bad rep.

nded

I've always wondered how viable it would be to make a character with forward charge.

As in you had to hold forward and then press back to execute a particular move.

I would use it for Psycho Inferno just to keep Bison a charge character. His walk speed is certainly slow enough.

But I imagine it would have to be something really good to balance out not being able to block while you charge.

Mizerman

For sure. Lol.

Definitely. SFV got some issues to work out, and hopefully those issues will be solved by S3. But from how some people act, the damn game itself shot their loved ones or something.

Top Bottom