• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

mbpm1

So the thousands of times I've been crush countered when I jab on wakeup is because I've just misstimed the jab all those times? Or when I get command grabbed on wakeup

If what you said is true, Then all the pro's are complete bellends for not always jabbing on wakeup
You just don’t jab when they meaty. jab interrupt or Dp interrupt or armor interrupt, it’s all Sfv and you’re never actually out of it and you can always fuck somebody up on a well timed something

UncleMeat

Fuck survival mode man. I can't even get hard mode done with rashid.

Ya, I was cruising along with him the other day but Ryu's fireball fucked me up at level 41 I believe. Haven't been back since.

I think they could fix survival by just giving you all the health recovery options or at least two health options after each round. Although the best fix they could do is just let arcade mode unlock colors.

Everytime they block?

My only point was that DP characters gets an extra option on wakeup. And it gets super annoying when they keep winning that diceroll.

Bait them with a shimmy and get a free cc. They get a free option but the other person gets an easy breezy punish. Additionally if they don't pick the right dp they get fucked.

Teh Lurv

Ya, I was cruising along with him the other day but Ryu's fireball fucked me up at level 41 I believe. Haven't been back since.

I think they could fix survival by just giving you all the health recovery options or at least two health options after each round. Although the best fix they could do is just let arcade mode unlock colors.

Survival needs a continue option you can purchase with points (say 1 continue for 250,000 points).

kitzkozan

Survival needs a continue option you can purchase with points (say 1 continue for 250,000 points).

The first thing they should do is lower the potential earning of FM since it's why they made it so cheap. :p Lower stakes = less reason for the mode to be so cheap. There's also going to be new ways to earn more FM so people will amass plenty of it even if survival award less (still a good way to earn colors). You can eventually buy continues as you rack up the points, which would ease frustrations in hard and hell mode. :p

Teh Lurv

TBH, I wouldn't miss Survival mode if Capcom took it out completely. Don't even care if they replace it with nothing. Seeing Hard/Extreme mode teasing me with all that locked FM annoys the hell out of me.

The option includes the risk of losing 30-40% of your life bar.

You don't need to even use a DP for it to work.

If your opponent has a DP, you have to take it into account.

If your opponent doesn't have a DP, you can go ham.

This becomes particularly apparent when you both have low health. If you knock your opponent down, and they have no reversals, you have nothing to fear. If they do have a reversal, pursuing them might actually get you killed. It doesn't matter if they make the crush counter punish do a bajillion damage...having a reversal is still a benefit.

Pompadour

TBH, I wouldn't miss Survival mode if Capcom took it out completely. Don't even care if they replace it with nothing. Seeing Hard/Extreme mode teasing me with all that locked FM annoys the hell out of me.

Survival modes in fighting games are usually terrible but SFV's implementation is by far the worst. It would be fine if they cut down the FM payouts if they made halfway tolerable to play.

LakeEarth

It's the time sink that gets me. I can't imagine doing Extreme survival mode for over an hour, just to have it slip away in seconds by a button-reading AI.

Blu(e)

I hope the season passes drops in price soon.

Real interested in trying Alex, Juri, and Ibuki.

I also legit fell asleep halfway through one of my survival runs yesterday. Starting it up back again today.

Here's one easy quick fix, let me buy more than one thing. Won't make the mode amazing, but points are finite anyways, let me spend how I want. And goddamn quit giving me low health option 3 times in a row

Pompadour

It's the time sink that gets me. I can't imagine doing Extreme survival mode for over an hour, just to have it slip away in seconds by a button-reading AI.

Yeah, it needs to be way shorter. I'd be fine with something like FM bonuses tied to new levels beaten the first time so losing on 49/50 wouldn't mean you got jack shit. Plus, you should get XP for playing regardless.

XP is such an underutilized aspect of the progression system. All it does now is give you 1,000 FM for every level and lock colors behind certain levels that you still have to pay for. For things like colors/titles you should be able to unlock them automatically at certain levels OR you can pay FM for them if you don't want to wait. Not both.

You just can't stay on a logical train of thought.

I tiny minority of players out of spite.

The point spread is enormous now, resetting would result in uneven matchups for a very long time. Not something Capcom can afford when they're on the verge of a big update aimed at casuals.

I have no objection to alternative forms of ranking. I'd love a system where I don't have to worry about ranking down. But that's not the idea I was responding to.

As for remembering their names, you're the kind of guy who uploads videos that no one will ever see of laggy matches because you think they're lagswitching so forgive me if I thought it reasonable to assume you'd also have time to keep a spreadsheet of people you fight and pin it to your conspiracy wall.

Lol ok. Once you reach Platinum, you would see how many Win Quitters, Lag Switchers, Rage Quitters and Wifi users there are trying to make their way to Diamond Status. And these videos are proof how these "minority" have to go far to not loose points. It has nothing to do with view counts

Scotia

Banned
I play it on Easy for every new character and that's honestly a struggle sometimes. It's so incredibly boring even when it's easy.

Yeah I do the same just to get some extra fight money and it's easily the worst thing I do for every character when they come out. It's just boring.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Lol ok. Once you reach Platinum, you would see how many Win Quitters, Lag Switchers, Rage Quitters and Wifi users there are trying to make their way to Diamond Status. And these videos are proof how these "minority" have to go far to not loose points. It has nothing to do with view counts
I wonder why platinum players suddenly become hungry enough for ranks to start cheating while gold players don't feel the same way about reaching platinum. It almost doesn't make sense. Maybe I just need more red string on my bulletin board to understand it.

I wonder why platinum players suddenly become hungry enough for ranks to start cheating while gold players don't feel the same way about reaching platinum. It almost doesn't make sense. Maybe I just need more red string on my bulletin board to understand it.

Because once you reach Platinum, you start facing Diamonds and Masters making it easier to rank up if you can beat them. And that's where all the tournament players are in.

Because once you reach Platinum, you start facing Diamonds and Masters making it easier to rank up if you can beat them. And that's where all the tournament players are in.

7f2.jpg

ArjanN

I play it on Easy for every new character and that's honestly a struggle sometimes. It's so incredibly boring even when it's easy.

Eh, on easy and normal the enemies are just punching bags for you to try out your new character moves/combos out on. Anything past that gets annoying though.

Also IMO you get plenty of FM from the other stuff.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Eh, on easy and normal the enemies are just punching bags for you to try out your new character moves/combos out on. Anything past that gets annoying though.

Also IMO you get plenty of FM from the other stuff.
I think it's still pretty easy to lose during the last 5 fights of normal survival if you are playing a character you don't really know and they don't have something highly abusable and you get some bad luck with life regen power ups.

Rymuth

Survival Easy/Normal aint so bad. Cleared them with every character, usually one per day and with a good podcast on hand (thank you. Easy Allies).

Hard and Extreme can go to hell, though. God bless Rashid's Eagle Spike.

kikiribu

Easy and Normal are very simple to get through. To make things even easier, each character usually has one move (or one button) you could spam to get through the whole thing.

The real problem with Survival is that if you have a bad round and they only give you the low health option in next stage, you’re probably screwed and just wasted all your time. It’d be a whole lot more enjoyable if they got rid of the supplement system and just gave you full health each time, since it’s not like the CPU is getting any easier, especially on Hard/Extreme. Those two difficulties are way too risky for how time-consuming they are. And when you lose, even with 30 minutes of “progress”, there’s no reward. Just delete this trash from SFV. Just seeing the word “Survival” on main menu is enough to kill my momentum in Ranked/Casual. It basically gives me PTSD on sight.

Trickster

Well I'm about ready to give up and never play this shit game again

Lost like 1500 points in 2 days. Doing nothing but losing to characters who feel like they are tailormade to counter me

FluxWaveZ

Lost like 1500 points in 2 days. Doing nothing but losing to characters who feel like they are tailormade to counter me

If you play Mika, that's the life you're signing up for. You shouldn't worry about points.

Edzi

You're just salty, look into why you're losing those matches and adjust. Chances are you'd benefit more from slowing down and letting your opponent hang themselves.

If you play Mika, that's the life you're signing up for. You shouldn't worry about points.

Mika is not nearly as struggle as you make her out to be. Maybe it's different when you're in the top 1% of all players in Master rank, but for the vast majority of levels Mika is completely capable.

Depending on what level you are on, you might be doing something wrong. Have you watched your replays? Reviewed bad areas and places that need improvement? Have you actively sought out how to counter these tailor-made counters? Maybe even post your replays here or in the mika discord to get tips too.

FluxWaveZ

Mika is not nearly as struggle as you make her out to be. Maybe it's different when you're in the top 1% of all players in Master rank, but for the vast majority of levels Mika is completely capable.

At all ranks, Mika is a struggle. Until she isn't when she gets in. That's her entire design: poor defense and footsies, but the most potent vortex in the game. So as a character with no anti-FB tools or effective ways to control space in neutral (no threatening lows, no long range special cancellable buttons), she will obviously be a struggle to play against most of the cast, even those who are dismissed in S2 like Ryu and Chun-Li.

It's simply fact that, on paper, Mika will have a hard time against most of the cast by looking at their toolset. But she can also destroy any opponent by getting in once and following it up with a series of mind reading. That's her strength.

That's fair. Same with Nash and other Mid-Low Tier characters. But Gold and below players usually have issues with their gameplay and not so much the character.

Like, I'm shitting around in Ultra Sliver, not JUST because Bison has shit defense, but because I'm leaving damage off the table.

Basically yeah Mika sucks but that person's problems probably lie within themselves and will persist no matter who he picks.

FluxWaveZ

That's fair. Same with Nash and other Mid-Low Tier characters. But Gold and below players usually have issues with their gameplay and not so much the character.

Like, I'm shitting around in Ultra Sliver, not JUST because Bison has shit defense, but because I'm leaving damage off the table.

Basically yeah Mika sucks but that person's problems probably lie within themselves and will persist no matter who he picks.

Sure, at lower levels, there are very obvious things one could point out to work on by looking at a replay. It's just that, MUs still matter at lower levels. For example, if you're playing a character with poor AA options and you keep dying fast from characters who have excellent jump-ins, that problem can be more apparent at lower levels than at higher ones, with AA being a harder thing to grasp as a novice, while jump-ins are simple business and easily abusable.

Top Bottom