• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Shadoken

Ok this problem is hella weird. I get plenty of matches on my id , but my roommate who is Gold cant find any matches. Even with the setting set to 3-5 Ping ( I set mine to 5 only ).
Literally the same PS4/Modem..etc.

Does nobody in Gold League play regularly anymore?

Edzi

Ok this problem is hella weird. I get plenty of matches on my id , but my roommate who is Gold cant find any matches. Even with the setting set to 3-5 Ping ( I set mine to 5 only ).

Platinum is the new gold, people moved up.

Zackat

They are all in casuals. Like everyone gets gold and retires. I've been playing Abby in there and it is instant matches all day and night.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I get matches all the time, but I'm playing casuals.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Man. Abigail's charged punch combo timings are a pain in the ass. I can do charged b+FP, FP off his EX Flip kinda consistently now but can't link another charged b+FP, FP afterwards. I always just settle for EX Punches afterwards instead.

Pompadour

Gold works perfectly fine for me. I never wait more than 30 seconds. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Shadoken

They are all in casuals. Like everyone gets gold and retires. I've been playing Abby in there and it is instant matches all day and night.

Ah that makes sense.

Check whether his account has the Rage Quitting Mark.

Nope not rage quit mark. He barely played much anyway.

Gold works perfectly fine for me. I never wait more than 30 seconds. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Hmmm that is weird. Are you in US/West coast?

I've been knocked down to Goldish level and haven't found it more difficult to find matches

Yea but you are prolly ultra gold where you can still get matched with Plats.

Zackat

Man. Abigail's charged punch combo timings are a pain in the ass. I can do charged b+FP, FP off his EX Flip kinda consistently now but can't link another charged b+FP, FP afterwards. I always just settle for EX Punches afterwards instead.

It's tricky but I eventually learned the timing. Try to see how far down the screen drops before you need to let go of the punch. Like for me I decided that once I saw his belt to let go of the charged punch.

edit: oh you mean for that combo off of the ex flip... I didn't know you could get another set of b+FP,FP off of that

DunpealD

It's tricky but I eventually learned the timing. Try to see how far down the screen drops before you need to let go of the punch. Like for me I decided that once I saw his belt to let go of the charged punch.

edit: oh you mean for that combo off of the ex flip... I didn't know you could get another set of b+FP,FP off of that

I don't think you can get another rep of b+HP off the EX Flip. The juggle points should have ran out. You only get another rep when your first b+HP hits your opponent airborne on first hit. Which is why it's important that you hit them in crumple state.
This could also mean that when you hit the opponent with it in the air(like as an anti air), you can do some big damage if you got the timing of the second rep down.

The gap between low and high tiers (at least when it comes to ease of play/ease of wins) is massive in this game. I've been playing Alex since day one and can get slaughtered by someone in a lobby, yet still somehow steal games from them with a day one Balrog.
Oh boy...

You don't get tired of this man...

Just play like Gunfight and stop whining

I'm pulling you leg buddy, getting u back for always talking crap about us Ken army

JusDoIt

I'm Super Gold. West Coast. 99% of my matches are against Golds to Ultra Golds. I get matches all of the time, usually with a minute wait, and I never put my connection setting lower than 4-5.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Well, I don't know for sure that you can, but it seems like you should. Guess my zero success rate maybe confirms you can't though. Dunno. Maybe other Abigail players can chime in.

I've also tried getting his charged cr.FP>Ex Flip>charged cr.FP>Ex Flip loop but can only do two in a row before spazzing on the charged cr.FP timing.

Csr

maybe he has that bug where the game places you in africa and can't find any matches, or was that bug fixed for everyone?

kotaku link

DunpealD

Well, I don't know for sure that you can, but it seems like you should. Guess my zero success rate maybe confirms you can't though. Dunno. Maybe other Abigail players can chime in.

I've also tried getting his charged cr.FP>Ex Flip>charged cr.FP>Ex Flip loop but can only do two in a row before spazzing on the charged cr.FP timing.

I don't think you can get another rep of b+HP off the EX Flip. The juggle points should have ran out. You only get another rep when your first b+HP hits your opponent airborne on first hit. Which is why it's important that you hit them in crumple state.
This could also mean that when you hit the opponent with it in the air(like as an anti air), you can do some big damage if you got the timing of the second rep down.

The EX Flips already takes one juggle point. From what I've tried: Once for EX Flip(or wallbounce?) and twice for crumple or airborne hit.

Should I learn Guile, Rog, or Ibuki?

Join the Karin and Laura army. If you want to go ham use Ken and full screen HK Tatsus, random DPs and throw loops.

DGukfx0VwAADzia
Sweaty Sakura best Sakura.

JusDoIt

What's the song X-Kira uses for his videos? It's the most Street Fighter V sounding song that's not on the Street Fighter V soundtrack.

Sayad

Read my post on Mel.

It really doesn't work like that though, as I mentioned, Capcom stoped caring about a proper timeline at this point. Mel is also 3 years old in SF3! Good luck figuring out how that fits in considering SFV is before 3s events! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edzi

Oh boy...

You don't get tired of this man...

Just play like Gunfight and stop whining

I'm pulling you leg buddy, getting u back for always talking crap about us Ken army

I'm not talking crap though, you just whine a lot over a good character.

chronosic

Did anybody else play in that ESL North America Cup online tournament? What a mess, they really need to find a way to automate some of it to make things run smoother.

Kashiwaba

Gold was a breeze compared to Platinum for me, i keep on winning till i hit 8400ish LP suddenly they start matching my against Super, Ultra diamond guys, heck sometimes they put against Master league players, i get destroyed till I'm back to around 7600 and the cycle repeats itself lol.

Top Bottom