• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I really don't think people understand Laura's design. Just because you win most of a round, doesn't mean you deserve to win a round.
https://twitter.com/ggPeteQ/status/895053377033261056
Is Menat dropping this month or next month?
abishrug.png

Naarmight

You would hope it is this month with the 30th Anniversary and the fact that next month Capcom will be focused on MvCI

So Probably October

I'm not talking crap though, you just whine a lot over a good character.
And you don't? lol...

Brah plz...

You're not going to tourneys. If you just want to be good and win a lot online you can do that just fine with Alex as well.

Stop it, you're being hypocritical to the max right now

Flux complained about Mika in S1!! When you main a character you learn the ins and outs more intimately, you guys keep looking at big picture stuff and overall this character is "good". No one is disputing that. But it's taboo to bring up their flaws here or something? Getting kinda annoying tbh.

Anyway Luce did a nice write up on Ken in S2.5. He's not top tier, he does have weakensss, he is solid and good. I guess I have to say that before I'm allowed to talk -_-

Am I the only one who experienced bad connection from Canada? Pingtest shows I get 90ms and below except for Saskatoon and further west. But overall it's been bad. Even when fighting Flux it was not good despite him saying otherwise.

When I was testing my 1060 if it can do 4k,
Sadly no with having to lower some settings and resolution scaling on some stages
I turn off Vsync, uncapped the fps and used Adaptive Vsync on the control panel. After that the connection from Canada have been smoother. I tested it on Kaidou who's extremely laggy with the Turbo Farming and was nowhere as bad when he did 1f CC.

Has anyone tested this on PC? I don't want to be wrong and the rollback to return the moment I post this.

Edit: I set the SmoothedFrameRate to true and the SmoothedFrameRateRange to only 60 in Inclusive and exclusive. Not uncapping the fps.

I'm not talking crap though, you just whine a lot over a good character.

And you don't? lol...

Brah plz...

You're not going to tourneys. If you just want to be good and win a lot online you can do that just fine with Alex as well.

Stop it, you're being hypocritical to the max right now

Flux complained about Mika in S1!! When you main a character you learn the ins and outs more intimately, you guys keep looking at big picture stuff and overall this character is "good". No one is disputing that. But it's taboo to bring up their flaws here or something? Getting kinda annoying tbh.

Anyway Luce did a nice write up on Ken in S2.5. He's not top tier, he does have weakensss, he is solid and good. I guess I have to say that before I'm allowed to talk -_-
this smells like a money match tbh

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Am I the only one who experienced bad connection from Canada? Pingtest shows I get 90ms and below except for Saskatoon and further west. But overall it's been bad. Even when fighting Flux it was not good despite him saying otherwise.

When I was testing my 1060 if it can do 4k,
Sadly no with having to lower some settings and resolution scaling on some stages
I turn off Vsync, uncapped the fps and used Adaptive Vsync on the control panel. After that the connection from Canada have been smoother. I tested it on Kaidou who's extremely laggy with the Turbo Farming and was nowhere as bad when he did 1f CC.

Has anyone tested this on PC? I don't want to be wrong and the rollback to return the moment I post this.
Are you sure it's wise to mess with framerate and sync in a game that (allegedly) desyncs if you sneeze during a match?

I don't know what your testing methodology consists of, but just keep in mind that given the degree of volatility that SF5 exhibits in connection quality, it would require dozens of accurate observations to detect a real effect of any changes you make.

Otherwise it's incredibly easy in a situation like this to perceive changes or patterns that aren't really there.

Are you sure it's wise to mess with framerate and sync in a game that (allegedly) desyncs if you sneeze during a match?

I don't know what your testing methodology consists of, but just keep in mind that given the degree of volatility that SF5 exhibits in connection quality, it would require dozens of accurate observations to detect a real effect of any changes you make.

Otherwise it's incredibly easy in a situation like this to perceive changes or patterns that aren't really there.

My bad, it was with smooth framerate set to true and the smoothed framerate range being only set to 60.

I've noticed less skipping on the animation with the only thing noticeable are the particles not synced properly with moves when playing against a Ken on the Ps4 this morning.

No he doesn't, he whines over a shit character there's a difference.

But in your defense, Alex players know about the dumpster they're agreeing to climb into when they choose to main Alex in any game.
Lol...

Honestly at our level I don't think there is a difference man. We are not pros, not to belittle any of our skill levels, but we just don't study the game like pros do playing for money every week. They are more than just familiar with their characters, many are competent with the whole cast. Memorize weaknesses and popular tendacies, study frame data every day, practicing whiff punishing, AA, spacing, etc...routinely. Majority of us here, despite being very good, simply don't dedicate that amount of energy to the game, and really, that's where the tier list is the most jarring.

There's a Ryu player kicking butt online right now and he's the worse character in the game right? I'm sorry, but if your gonna sit up here and say you can complain about a character who's worse on the tier list than another, I just can't go alone with that.

Complaining is complaining.

this smells like a money match tbh
I actually don't gamble at all in the slightest and think it's an ugly form of greed. But yeah I would love to play good players. I still get caught up in Alex setups online.

I look for you guys online but it always seems I play at different times. I saw you last night Count but when I went to invite you'd already signed off.

A single player doing well with a character doesn't automatically make the character good.

Just because one Ryu player does well online doesn't make Ryu a good character. Just because Xian got 9th at Capcpom Cup with F.A.N.G in S1 didn't make F.A.N.G a good character. Just because a few players use Alex and occasionally win a match against somebody good doesn't make him a good character. Just because a pro player spent a third of his life playing Q in 3rd Strike and managing to beat great Chun players doesn't make Q a good character. Just because Bonchan wrecked face with Nash in Season 2 didn't magically make Nash a good character (even he admits so).

You need to realize that we no longer live in an age where balance is often so inexplicably fucked that certain characters are absolutely useless or certain characters dominate everybody to the point where skill doesn't matter. Fact is every character has a shot nowadays but the problem lies when a certain character has to work harder than literally everybody else in the cast to get the same damage or the same opportunities.

It's not just about viability, it starts to become about fun especially in a brutal game like SFV where rounds can end with just two mistakes. When we complain, it's not just because our character sucks but it's because the weaknesses are glaringly obvious, can easily be fixed and the character CAN be good. It's the fact that I LOVE F.A.N.G and want to play him that I complain so heavily about him being shit. It's the fact that Edzi and others love Alex and want to play him that he complains so heavily about him being shit. This isn't the 90s where you just suck it up and deal with it or pick someone else, balance patches are a thing and it doubly pisses me off the shitty balance in this game because they're passing it off as a legitimate competitive esport when a common factor among esport games is the constant strive to achieve perfect balance.

Complaing is complaining yes, but it doesn't come from a scrubby standpoint, it comes from a somewhat educated standpoint. When the low tier player, the mid tier player and the pro level player all agree on the (lack of) viability of a character then there is something legitimately up.

mbpm1

Lol...

Honestly at our level I don't think there is a difference man. We are not pros, not to belittle any of our skill levels, but we just don't study the game like pros do playing for money every week. They are more than just familiar with their characters, many are competent with the whole cast. Memorize weaknesses and popular tendacies, study frame data every day, practicing whiff punishing, AA, spacing, etc...routinely. Majority of us here, despite being very good, simply don't dedicate that amount of energy to the game, and really, that's where the tier list is the most jarring.

There's a Ryu player kicking butt online right now and he's the worse character in the game right? I'm sorry, but if your gonna sit up here and say you can complain about a character who's worse on the tier list than another, I just can't go alone with that.

Complaining is complaining.
Laura needs better normals tbh

You also have the Zombegoast school of complaining where the online is garbage, my character sucks and I will never switch, I will bitch about things where it's clearly me at fault and still blame the game on everything I do wrong.

All the while claiming to drop the game but still play it.

@luce Well said...I'm just saying you guys are being kinda douchebags with the level of complaints allowed here. Because Ken is solid, I can't complain as much as Fang or Alex mains? That's biased, and unfair man.

I play a lot, I post a lot, I complain, I applaud, I hope...I just post about the game of SFV and it feels like I'm being attacked here quite often by Edzi and it's getting tiring.

And for the record there is more than 1 Master Ryu ;-)

I get your point tho, just ease up, Everyone goes through a mourning process. I'm sure producer was flippant going from S1 to S2 with Chun lol and that initial DP nerf was legitimate b/s. I don't think I overdue it more than anyone else.

If I do, well block me...this is my forum too.

You also have the Zombegoast school of complaining where the online is garbage, my character sucks and I will never switch, I will bitch about things where it's clearly me at fault and still blame the game on everything I do wrong.

All the while claiming to drop the game but still play it.

I say Nash is dead all the time. When I still play Nash
Chris T says Ken is trash all the time. When he still plays Ken
Infil says Nash's legs was cut off. When he went back to Nash
Wolfkrone says Laura is trash and quits SFV. When he still plays

Many more.

images

As a F.A.N.G main, watching Ken and Laura players complain is like a man dying of thirst watching a man drown.

Yes Neoxon, that's a DBZ Abridged reference.
I say Nash is dead all the time. When I still play Nash
Chris T says Ken is trash all the time. When he still plays Ken
Infil says Nash's legs was cut off. When he went back to Nash
Wolfkrone says Laura is trash and quits SFV. When he still plays

Any more.

images
Dang, you're getting good at this.

As a F.A.N.G main, watching Ken and Laura players complain is like a man dying of thirst watching a man drown.

i understand that. But it's still biased and unfair. You guys need to learn self control. Everyone has a right to vent and express themselves about their characters. Everyone...

You can go and say "man you got it good" but it's not fair in this type of setting to basically 'call out' someone for talking a lot about their character or balance in general. This is a forum lol.

i understand that. But it's still biased and unfair. You guys need to learn self control. Everyone has a right to vent and express themselves about their characters. Everyone...

You can go and say "man you got it good" but it's not fair in this type of setting to basically 'call out' someone for talking a lot about their character or balance in general. This is a forum lol.
You take this too seriously man, this thread is for people to bitch about their character. Whether it's Laura players complaining that she requires too much thinking, FANG players getting sick of the life in the low tier sewers, Alex mains hurr durring their way through sentences or Chun players switching to Cammy while looking at pictures of Chun longingly like that Wolverine meme, we all just bitch about our characters.

EDIT: Trust me, I know how you feel. My biggest complaint with the balancing regarding F.A.N.G isn't that he's low tier, its that they're making an offensive-based hit and run style character when I just want him to be a defensive, run out the clock, hit and run character.
It's not that one persons opinion carries more weight than the other, it's that no one's does. Well except CountBlack when he talks about how Laura is C-Tier at best, and how USF4 was Japan's gift to mankind.
Nash is literally dead i think?
Resurrected but TECHNICALLY yes he died.

You take this too seriously man, this thread is for people to bitch about their character. Whether it's Laura players complaining that she requires too much thinking, FANG players getting sick of the life in the low tier sewers, Alex mains hurr durring their way through sentences or Chun players switching to Cammy while looking at pictures of Chun longingly like that Wolverine meme, we all just bitch about our characters.

Resurrected but TECHNICALLY yes he died.
I know :-(

I care about what ppl think..what can I do with myself?

Main Alex or Juri or F.A.N.G then you're given a season long "bitching pass" where you're allowed to bitch as much as you want with no one to say otherwise since... you main a shit character.
Hmm...

Can I start a new account? I think I can take an Alex to Diamond at least.

Meh actually I have 3 already...wish there was a way to reset points...guess I could just lose a lot till I'm gold again

Onemic

tbh...Fuck Alex and fuck FANG. Hope they stay D tier forever. Throw them both in the trash

And give Karin better AA's.

mbpm1

You should commisserate with us, we're all low tier

semi-kappa
I know :-(

I care about what ppl think..what can I do with myself?
Learn the sfv thread meta

Players bitch about their character being weak
Other players bitch about that players character being too strong
Almost everyone except a few bitch about the game
Most of those few bitch about everyone bitching about the game
Zombegoast bitches about netcode
Others bitch about the aforementioned few bitching at everyone else

Every now and then a silver player appears with a happy post and it's a small change

Top Bottom