• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

joe2187

Banned
I've played against 6 different Ryus, and all they want to do online today is run away and spend the entire match trying to get a hit confirm, and then jump back, jump back jump back, and chuck fireballs and then do it again in the other corner.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've played against 6 different Ryus, and all they want to do online today is run away and spend the entire match trying to get a hit confirm, and then jump back, jump back jump back, and chuck fireballs and then do it again in the other corner.

People who play Ryu like that put me on tilt instantly even though I try to remind myself they're probably just trying to practice something specific. Nonetheless I take it as a personal insult.

mbpm1

People who play Ryu like that put me on tilt instantly even though I try to remind myself they're probably just trying to practice something specific. Nonetheless I take it as a personal insult.
All you gotta do is walk em down and anti air then when they jump*

*Far easier if you have a dp

Kashiwaba

I usually adapt pretty fast offline but online my brain turns to puddy.

A curse.

Climbing leagues requires being consistent especially at higher leagues, you could win 4 or 5 games but somehow you lose all the points you got when you lose one game to a lower league player.

Edzi

And you don't? lol...

Brah plz...

You're not going to tourneys. If you just want to be good and win a lot online you can do that just fine with Alex as well.

Stop it, you're being hypocritical to the max right now

Flux complained about Mika in S1!! When you main a character you learn the ins and outs more intimately, you guys keep looking at big picture stuff and overall this character is "good". No one is disputing that. But it's taboo to bring up their flaws here or something? Getting kinda annoying tbh.

Anyway Luce did a nice write up on Ken in S2.5. He's not top tier, he does have weakensss, he is solid and good. I guess I have to say that before I'm allowed to talk -_-

Lol...

Honestly at our level I don't think there is a difference man. We are not pros, not to belittle any of our skill levels, but we just don't study the game like pros do playing for money every week. They are more than just familiar with their characters, many are competent with the whole cast. Memorize weaknesses and popular tendacies, study frame data every day, practicing whiff punishing, AA, spacing, etc...routinely. Majority of us here, despite being very good, simply don't dedicate that amount of energy to the game, and really, that's where the tier list is the most jarring.

There's a Ryu player kicking butt online right now and he's the worse character in the game right? I'm sorry, but if your gonna sit up here and say you can complain about a character who's worse on the tier list than another, I just can't go alone with that.

Complaining is complaining.

Lol, this is why I can't take you seriously.

my dude edzi got called tf out lol

Nani

Zackat

tfw I can hang with Plats offline but can barely make it to Super Sliver fffffffmmmmmmmmllllll
You just need to wait for people to hang themselves at that level. They will always over play their hand.

Just anti air them every time and watch them crack

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
All you gotta do is walk em down and anti air then when they jump*

*Far easier if you have a dp
I have all the anti air tools I could want. I'm just bad at it. I should probably take the opportunity to practice it when faced with Ryu who is also practicing (being a boring annoying fuck).

And if I may deploy a breaking bad meme

I AM THE ONE WHO JUMPS

Is that an sfv thread reference
Speaking of, I get a lot of ads on mobile gaf for a fecal analysis kit or something. Is it because I'm spending so much time in this thread?

LuuucebruuuuUUUUUCE!!!!!!

Hey don't look at me, make sure your number
MyV8cLw.png
is fine.

Pompadour

SFV will be left behind by 2024

Just in time for SF6.

If a lot of SFV's design decisions were a response to SF4 complaints, I wonder what SF6 would be like.

- low damage
- delay based netcode
- reverse priority system where lights beat mediums which beat heavies
- everyone has a meterless reversal
- everyone has a fireball
- no new characters
- only SF2 and a few Alpha characters

Zackat

HotS esports boys. we all grown up.

HGC the best low-key esports production goin on right now tbh

newzoo_most_watched_gamjgv.png

the fact that street fighter isn't in that list is kinda crazy. stream monsters on blast.

wonder what USF4 was on a list like that.

Top Bottom