• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

It's fine if Alpha Counters do damage, what can't possibly happen is being able to combo out of them like in vanilla SFxT

Though I doubt that will be an issue since they share the revenge meter with V Triggers. Seriously, an Alpha Counter meter, fucking genius

There's different music for each round. People working on this game really like 3rd Strike, it seems. :p

Best game in the series.

It's fine if Alpha Counters do damage, what can't possibly happen is being able to combo out of them like in vanilla SFxT

Though I doubt that will be an issue since they share the revenge meter with V Triggers. Seriously, an Alpha Counter meter, fucking genius
Aren't the V reversals more like guard cancel from motw?

Dai101

Banned
I bet we get 2 characters revealed this E3.

Cammy
Alex

Karin and Alex.

Or newcomer and Alex. Saving karin for evo.

tumblr_lwxys7gdMl1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Snakeyes

Everything about this game looks great. My only complaint is the music, most of it sounds like a bunch of generic riffs.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I come here for good conversation and find out people are actually questioning wether Ken will be in the game? WTF?

fallingdove

Idk about the hadouken from the feet but he should play fairly similar with a revamped dragon punch.

I actually hope that footdokens are in. I love the strategic possibilities of directional fireballs and liked having knockdown properties for fireball(close). Not to mention, it helps differentiate Ryu from Ken's play style and moveset.

mattp

so pad players can't taunt haha

edit: well they can, but not easily

edit #2! nevermind, i forgot they have L2/R2 mapped to 3punch and 3kick in sf4. probably the same here

Ryu uses his senses to “see” the opponent’s next attack and parries it accordingly. All attacks (high, low, mid) and projectiles can be parried if timed correctly. Multi hitting attacks can also be parried with the correct timing. Fans of Street Fighter III will remember that the “parry” was the core battle mechanic of that entire series! The mechanic now returns as a single V-Skill of Ryu, demonstrating how serious we are about making every character unique to one another.

hnng
HNNNNNNG

where my sf3 bros at
I love sf3 but parrying exclusive Ryu sounds kinda wack. Especially considering how lame players love Ryu.

Top Bottom