• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Dahbomb

Verendus tell Capcom to please not wait until first patch to put Ken in! I need this in my veins ASAP! But I will wait for him. You know i will.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Virtua Fighter without Jacky
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Zoro or
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

I'm running out of references, but I hope you see the desperation.
DMC without Vergil amirite?

fader

Verendus tell Capcom to please not wait until first patch to put Ken in! I need this in my veins ASAP! But I will wait for him. You know i will.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

peanut butter without Jelly
Ketchup without mustard
Koolaid without sugar

Oneself

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

You damn right son!

I can't play SF without Ken.

Ushay

Nerf Ryu!
Am I doing it right? lol

There's no way this game comes out without Ken. That would be sacrilegious.

Admit it, his V-Trigger and V-Skill are fucking amazing. Without even looking at the other characters I can tell.

Man I'm so tempted to grab a PS4 for this. If Gouken makes the cut it may just throw me over the edge.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

MvC without Megaman?

BadWolf

Admit it, his V-Trigger and V-Skill are fucking amazing. Without even looking at the other characters I can tell.

Man I'm so tempted to grab a PS4 for this. If Gouken makes the cut it may just throw me over the edge.

Also thinking of timing my PS4 purchase with this game's release.

E3 is going to push you over the edge my friend! And then Paris/PSX!

If you are into Japanese games I'd say, PS4/3DS are essentially consoles for the next couple years.

l_55753d53cb651nvsm6.jpg

I love the SF3 New Generation vibe I'm getting from those VS screens.

sf3_ng_vs_by_emezie-d8wvvhf.png

Mechazawa

Devious that they're not showing whether or not the V Skill takes damage that you can regenerate.

I'm gonna work under the assumption that you can't "parry" any multi hits either.

Verendus

Banned

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

I understood two of those.

Generally, stories have happy endings. After many obstacles are thrown in the hero's way, in the last moment, victory is achieved. If the villain wins, then it's considered a tragedy. The only question you have to ask yourself Omni is this: who is the villain in this story? Is it you, since you're a Ken fan, or is it me, the anti-Ken?

And there we have our answer.

Generally, stories have happy endings. After many obstacles are thrown in the hero's way, in the last moment, victory is achieved. If the villain wins, then it's considered a tragedy. The only question you have to ask yourself Omni is this: who is the villain in this story? Is it you, since you're a Ken fan, or is it me, the anti-Ken?

What a conundrum you've made here Verendus! Whatever happens, it will be a glorious week this E3. And I'll be scowling the interwebs for the finest Ken avatar I can find.

Will it be in celebration or protest? I do not know '-(

Azure J

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

Can't believe you missed the most obvious one:

Mario (Bros.) without Luigi

Kain

Are they naming Charlie as Nash for the West too? Doesn't that seem... odd? Maybe he is not the old Charlie after all :eek:

mediumdownload.php

Capcom pls I need ken.

Tizoc

Are they naming Charlie as Nash for the West too? Doesn't that seem... odd? Maybe he is not the old Charlie after all :eek:

His name has canonically been Charlie Nash for some time now. It's prob. to differentiate him from his Alpha and vs. characterization.

TacosNSalsa

Not that I'm complaining but with all this info this is supposed to be more accessible to new players??? BWAHAHAHAH!!! Welcome to the GRINDHOUSE Y'all!!

kirblar

It just makes the cross-region stuff easier, rather than dealing with another Bison/Balrog/Vega situation.

Chun's MP/MK move is basically a kinda-like-KOF short jump, right?

mollipen

Capcom US seems to be specifically pushing the name Nash now. That's what they used in all of the communications I've had with them, what was on the PS Blog, etc. Whether or not that actually has deeper meaning, I'm not sure.

Edzi

Dunno what people are talking about in regards to the music. I think all of the music shown so far in the trailers is amazing, especially in this systems trailer and in Charlie/Nash's reveal.

Gears

Fairly certain Ken will be there, if capcom actually works with madcats when it comes to sticks that is. I say that because of the new ken stick coming out

nikos

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

Super Mario Bros. without Luigi.

I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that he'll be in the game.

Zyrox

Game looks nice. Love how weighty the animations look. The new systems are interesting. Good that Alpha Counters are in. V-Trigger reminds me of Blazblue's Overdrive. Wonder if it can be activated mid-combo.
I guess the odds are low that my boys Hugo and Hakan will make it into this, eh? Sucks being a fan of the less popular characters sometimes.

Top Bottom