• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

kirblar

Game looks nice. Love how weighty the animations look. The new systems are interesting. Good that Alpha Counters are in. V-Trigger reminds me of Blazblue's Overdrive. Wonder if it can be activated mid-combo.
I guess the odds are low that my boys Hugo and Hakan will make it into this, eh? Sucks being a fan of the less popular characters sometimes.
Hugo's not out of the question in the long term. Hakan probably is due to how his mechanics work in SF4.

Verendus tell Capcom to please not wait until first patch to put Ken in! I need this in my veins ASAP! But I will wait for him. You know i will.

No Ken is like...

DBZ without Vegeta.
MK without Scorpion
Virtua Fighter without Jacky
Naruto without the Sauce
One Piece without Zoro or
One Piece without Sanji
Guilty Gear with Sol
Blue without Red

I'm running out of references, but I hope you see the desperation.

Vanilla Mortal Kombat 3.

Wavebossa

I love the SF3 New Generation vibe I'm getting from those VS screens.

l_55753d53cb651nvsm6.jpg
sf3_ng_vs_by_emezie-d8wvvhf.png

its probably what its like... when worlds collide?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I liked how focus attacks were so versatile and gave you offensive and defensive options, ways to use your meter and all that, but I'm glad it's gone.

SkylineRKR

Music of this and the nash reveal are fucking flawless. Whats up with that.

Focus stalled your character and you had to hold 2 buttons each time. I didn't like it.

Gbraga

I liked how focus attacks were so versatile and gave you offensive and defensive options, ways to use your meter and all that, but I'm glad it's gone.

Yep, that's how I feel as well, I love Focus Attack and all its variations, I truly do, but I want SF V to be unique, so let SF IV play like SF IV and SF V play like SF V.

Some people still play 3rd Strike, you don't have to carry everything over just because most people will only play the newest game. I want a reason to go back to SF IV every now and then.

stn

I hated focus attacks but would have kept FADC on hit for combo opportunities. I think the option to focus backdash jump-ins made players worse at AA'ing, IMO.

So can you oreorder on steam to get beta access or is it going to be PS4 only?

Also, are combos dependent on 1F links? Or did they become more lenient with the more meaty feeling attacks?

Someone confirmed earlier that 1F links are still in. But they're making combos overall more easier to execute. I can imagine combos being as easy as how they are in Omega mode. I know that people are gonna complain about it. But who cares really.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's Daigo. I think Daigo was at an arcade today in Japan according to a top japanese player.

I know Daigo will be there for E3 and he has been asked to play/demo SFV in the past though.
You know, he's probably talking about the Giant Bomb Beastcast...that was confusing, sorry

Sayad

I'd say Akuma is a guarantee.

Ken is a guarantee for early dlc if he doesn't make it in though.
Both Ken and Akuma are guaranteed for a story mode, no they wont show up in the story, so if either of them not make it into the game, he'd be early DLC.

Dizzy-4U

I was never a fan of alpha counters doing damage. I know it's mostly used in push back situations but still...

I'm cool with the mechanics so far.

Top Bottom