• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Dr. Kaos

Banned
I'm 100% confident Ken will be in. But getting less and less confident he's in the initial roster

Ken will be in at launch because america = biggest market. Simple.

Chun Li already nerfed!

(obviously)

This broken shit is no more.

nqsdr5fovprdff0zuvv4.gif

Wow you're right!

I just pre-ordered this for the Beta, I'm fucking hyped as fuck now.
It all looks so gooood.

I am against pre-orders, but I'll allow this one. I have to do the same. pre-ordering it at bestbuy for that 20% discount club thing they got going. heck of a deal.

Teknoman

Man this game looks smooth in action. I wonder if they'll use the original themes this time or go SF III / IV again and try new music?

Skilletor

Comeback mechanics are still in place though.

Not really a comeback mechanic for me. You get far more meter, going by that parry gif above, for successfully using v-trigger. It's also not guaranteed damage. It adds character utility, but doesn't mean you're going to hit me. It's not some canned animation that's does tons of damage.

Comeback mechanics are still in place though.
It's a comeback mechanic that rewards good play as opposed to bad play though

You get alpha counters and some extra tools for your character to work with as opposed to a super move filled with invincibility frames that does 50% damage. It's a pretty big difference.

Lucumo

Not really a comeback mechanic for me. You get far more meter, going by that parry gif above, for successfully using v-trigger. It's also not guaranteed damage. It adds character utility, but doesn't mean you're going to hit me. It's not some canned animation that's does tons of damage.

Well, we haven't really seen much and I have more the Ultra 1 of Juri in mind.

This could be a good opportunity to retool Ingrid into something unique. Tone down the whole poverty Athena thing and work on her gameplay which was kinda neat
Well, we haven't really seen much and I have more the Ultra 1 of Juri in mind.
They're less like Feng Shui Engine and more like Genei Jin

Though if Juri is in it's pretty much guaranteed her V-Trigger will be FSE

Veal

Glad focus is out. Good riddance to that mechanic. Looks like lights don't link into anything which is great too. Still seeing untechable air throws which sucks. Really looking forward to this.

Lucumo

They're less like Feng Shui Engine and more like Genei Jin

Though if Juri is in it's pretty much guaranteed her V-Trigger will be FSE

We will see how it plays out. I'm rather sure they will tweak the gain of the V-Gauge again and again. But knowing the Capcom of the past few years, I remain highly sceptical.

We will see how it plays out. I'm rather sure they will tweak the gain of the V-Gauge again and again. But knowing the Capcom of the past few years, I remain highly sceptical.
It's not just the gains they can tweak, characters have differently-sized bars as well. Bison for example needs to fill 3 V-bars to trigger

Top Bottom