• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Systems Trailer and hands-on impressions

Ryu's forward dash and most a lot of the normals in general look pretty fast actually. Maybe the fact that the game seems to actually have block stun makes it look slower. Also did anyone see the recovery on bipson's DR? he landed and jabbed ryu right in the gentleman sausage before the even knew what happened. I'm pretty sure the game will look a lot faster when we see people who know what they're doing play it.
Walk speeds seem slower but moves, jumping, dashing all seem faster
Watching this footage I can't possibly call this game slow

Teknoman

A non-charge Sonic boom move? Thats a pretty drastic change...any reason why? Its like making blanka's roll a half-circle or something. Not that i'm complaining, never liked charge moves.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Can't wait to play it for about 10 hours starting next Tuesday.

There's quite a few similarities to KI already, bit it's not a bad thing. S1 of KI took SF4 as heavy influence, and improved on some things. I love that throw whiffs seem to be as long as KI, get ready to neutral jump punish throw attempts. The more I play, the more I'll update in video later.

However, if there's one thing I want most of all to be taken from KI, it's the netplay.

A non-charge Sonic boom move? Thats a pretty drastic change...any reason why? Its like making blanka's roll a half-circle or something.
Probably to make Charlie his own thing next to Guile
Oh, now I'm even more excited since this might mean Guile has a chance of getting in to represent the charge character move list.
Guile was never being left out completely, even if he's not on the initial roster he'll be DLC for sure

I hope they continue to make the game even easier to play than SF4. I felt that SF4 was a step in the right direction by making input commands less strict.

Edit: BTW, I absolutely hate charge moves. If they totally remove them, I'm fine.

"Edit: BTW, I absolutely hate charge moves. If they totally remove them, I'm fine."

Chun and Bison both still have charge moves. Sorry for ya.

Rean

So are there still link combos in SFV? I haven't been able to tell from the gameplay if its still in or not.

Pompadour

So are there still link combos in SFV? I haven't been able to tell from the gameplay if its still in or not.

Yes, but everyone seemingly has target combos. A Capcom rep said 1f links are still but they are more "lenient," whatever that means. Maybe there's input buffering.

Sanctuary

In a weird way, SFV feels to me like a spiritual continuation of Street Fighter III, much like I couldn’t stop seeing SFIV being one for Street Fighter II.

What? It's like he never played SFA, SFA2 or SFA3.

edit: Well, I guess he has played at least one of them, but the SF3 comparison doesn't make any sense other than the look.

Skilletor

What? It's like he never played SFA, SFA2 or SFA3.

edit: Well, I guess he has played at least one of them, but the SF3 comparison doesn't make any sense other than the look.

It makes perfect sense. Dashes look like 3s. Ryu's normals and specials look like 3s. Same with Chun. Saw Charlie do a UOH just like 3s.

Soltype

I'm not seeing 3S in there either.Game still looks pretty good though, it looks a lot different from IV though, but that's a good thing.

Rean

Yes, but everyone seemingly has target combos. A Capcom rep said 1f links are still but they are more "lenient," whatever that means. Maybe there's input buffering.
Ok, cool. Didn't know they were planning on making links more lenient though. I'll have to try it in the beta.

Sanctuary

Ask yourself what 3S would look like if every ounce of footage was from gaming press who don't know how to play fighting games? Would it look like a game of real 3S?

I don't think we know how this game plays yet.

Right. It's way too early, but too many people are also seeing "OMG Parry", not realizing it's actually an Alpha Counter, which eats up meter. I can why it's being compared to 3 (aesthetics, similar supers), but the gameplay doesn't look or read like it to me.

Right. It's way too early, but too many people are also seeing "OMG Parry", not realizing it's actually an Alpha Counter, which eats up meter. I can why it's being compared to 3 (aesthetics, similar supers), but the gameplay doesn't look or read like it to me.
There's an actual parry, it's just for Ryu though

Cade

Two different things.

Brannon

So what are the odds that we could give Ryu his fake fireball back? Because come on.

#RyuFakeFireball should become a thing. We should start this thing. You know it's the right thing to do. So do the right thing. Do this.

Top Bottom