• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ferrio

Banned
Oh wow, please enlighten me.

Because it will always take time to send data over a distance. The longer the distance the longer the time. You can improve netcode to try and mask it, but it's always there. Playing physically on the same machine will *always* be faster, playing over a distance will always have a lag.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Because it will always take time to send data over a distance. The longer the distance the longer the time. You can improve netcode to try and mask it, but it's always there. Playing physically on the same machine will *always* be faster, playing over a distance will always have a lag.

Online has lag, this is not news to anyone. Still doesn't make a console tournament with 100,000 players playing and watching impossible.

Ono just said himself that technology wouldn't allow us to do that as of now in the very same quote so why act like this will happen soon?
They have not developed the technology to do this yet. I never said anything about a time frame, so I don't know where you got "soon" from.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The technology does exist, just not for consumers. And for businesses, very very expensive. To apply it to video games would be a huge undertaking.

SykoTech

Probably already asked, but any idea when I'll be able to get Mega Man and Pac Man (PS3)? Sucks that the other exclusive characters are available, but not them.

Cole is pretty awesome BTW.

They have not developed the technology to do this yet. I never said anything about a time frame, so I don't know where you got "soon" from.

I was talking about this quote
Like it is physically impossible with our current science.

Which seemed useless to say since Ono said in the very quote, wasn't possible with the technology he has. Also missed a few words, i meant to include "why act like people said this will happen soon"
Probably already asked, but any idea when I'll be able to get Mega Man and Pac Man (PS3)? Sucks that the other exclusive characters are available, but not them.

Cole is pretty awesome BTW.

March 13th, I believe.

Ferrio

Banned
Just throwing this out there

The theoretical fastest pings we could achieve. (which we aren't close to) said:
10 km -> 0,067 milliseconds
100 km -> 0,67 milliseconds
1,000 km -> 6,7 milliseconds
10,000 km -> 67 milliseconds

vocab

We have had tech for better online play for years. The problem is that we are using peer 2 peer technology. I shouldn't have to put up connecting to someone with red bars. If he has a shit connection it should effect him, not me.

jkh13

Neo Member
You never know what tech will come in the future. Heck Konami managed to release upgraded ports of their silent hill HD collection 12 years before the collection was out.

Crazy stuff happens

The values he is quoting assume your connection is as fast as the speed of light, you won't get faster than that if the special theory of relativity holds :).

The values he is quoting assume your connection is as fast as the speed of light, you won't get faster than that if the special theory of relativity holds :).

Just need a mini worm hole in each console. Will probably increase the price like blu ray did, so probably not viable just yet in the economy and with the ipad and such, but would make online play better and console hacking much more interesting

mollipen

This is a really good read. Was this interview conducted before or after the 12 Vita/DLC characters were announced? "[There's] obviously always possibilities in the future for other characters like that—though I’m not saying anything certain" sounds to me like a really big hint at actual DLC.

That part of the interview was before that announcement. I'll make a note about that in the interview.

LowParry

Ah and yes PSN does seem to run a bit better online. 360 I still have the same lag problems. So I dunno what to say there.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One major issue with me is the easy mode supers. I lost count of how many times I do EX and get super. I normally do EX stuff with three buttons just for insurance on it coming out. Other than that and the funky hitboxes, I have no issues with the game.

One major issue with me is the easy mode supers. I lost count of how many times I do EX and get super. I normally do EX stuff with three buttons just for insurance on it coming out. Other than that and the funky hitboxes, I have no issues with the game.

i do the same =(

why do links doesn't make sense in this game....

Bizazedo

Finally getting into this game, but the online still feels different in a way I don't "get", yet. I can handle input latency fine and this feels like GGPO back in the day so that + my guy looks like SF = timing errors all over the place.

That being said, I don't think I like 1vs1 now that I've done 2vs2 or 2vs1.

Really, part of me wants to say screw 1vs1 forever.

Xevren

I had to stop using the x3 button for ex's, ever since I stopped with that life has been pretty groovy.

Out of boredom I'm playing with pandora gems and trying to see what I can do to combo into them. Going from Xiaoyu into Julia I can get close to 600 damage, curious what people can do with it.

Fought a guy online today named "CapcomCEO".

Picked the cats, ran to one side of the screen, threw fireballs and taunted

The only games in their trophy list were SFxT and UMvC3

Nabs

ibi5lljeCySt5R.gif

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am trying to shed my SF4 bad habits and starting to get more into the mechanics of the game. Some deep shit in there :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Top Bottom