• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

V_Arnold

^ So any tips on the Mist Step?

Well... as a stick user, I am doing a U motion that only differs from the SRK motion by pulling the stick back to neutral (the middle part of the "U", turned 90 degree right :D). The main challenge comes from going from db (blocking low) to a reaction something->U motion, especially on P1 side.

The easy way is to just do 2*QCF with a nice smooth motion, but that is just...cheap. And not the most reliable method if you are not a stick user. Doing F->QCF also seems to work, just let it go to neutral zone between F and D, otherwise it is not a real QCF, but a DP motion instead.

Solune

I can't do links with any kind of input lag. I thought that they were a weird inclusion in SFIV for that reason.

I don't understand what's being said here. Do you mean why links are in SFIV? Because links have existed since SF2 and the way frame data is handled allows for these combos.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw in the Shoryuken Guile thread that UltraDavid is trying his hardest to get a game breaking defense team using the auto defense gems. He's running guile / zangief with auto block / tech and the the meter gain+ gem when your opponent blocks 4 attacks (sonic booms in this case). Then between the two auto gems and the alpha counter he can make himself as hard to hit as possible and win via timeout health and fireball / chip damage.

I can't see this standing up to say Combofiends Rolento offense, but I can see it being a pretty effective strat on Xbox Live, especially in the early days.

Ultradavid thought gems were fishy from the onset. He is doing a bang up job proving why the system may be flawed.

MrDaravon

So is Ranked online significantly more fucked lag-wise than Endless? Did some Endless games earlier, no issue won a bunch in a row. Right now I'm literally 0-10 in Ranked, and I have been Perfected multiple times and am getting multiple insulting messages from people because Ranked games are like 5 frames a second for me. I will be standing and holding back for a million years, then someone will come in with a regular jumping attack and it breaks my high block which apparently doesn't exist. This is super fucked.

MThanded

I am making a career out of interviewing Yoshinori Ono! *laughs* Please go read my latest interview with him about Street Fighter X Tekken!

Of course, with Street Fighter X Tekken, you only need to buy this one disc to enjoy the game for a long time. We’re not going to sell another disc version of the game, so if we do any kind of updates or patches, it’ll all be done properly through DLC. We don’t want users to be afraid to accept these kinds of new changes. We want them to be as open-minded as possible when it comes to new features like these.
People who think we are getting another disc based version of this game can take a seat.Ono has been very adamant about this.

If players—after putting time into the game—eventually think it is better to play without the glove, and it’s better to run with no shoes, we’re going to be monitoring the community as it goes along. So don’t think that we’re releasing it and just leaving it to the lions. We’re going to be supporting Street Fighter X Tekken for as long as we can, and we want players to enjoy it. If there’s balance changes that need to be done, we’ll do that. We’re going to be constantly seeing how the community is reacting, and we’ll make changes that need to be made.
That's promising.

MrDaravon

People who think we are getting another disc based version of this game can take a seat.Ono has been very adamant about this.

Agreed, but I think it's pretty understandable that people aren't going to believe Capcom on this one. Quite frankly the only reason I even believe him there is because it's likely a contractual thing with Namco.

Edit: FINALLY won a ranked match. I go into a 7-player Endless lobby, no to very minimal lag. What the fuck. Guess I'm not playing Ranked until it's patched or something.

cednym

Banned
I am making a career out of interviewing Yoshinori Ono! *laughs* go read my latest interview with him about Street Fighter X Tekken!

This is a really good read. Was this interview conducted before or after the 12 Vita/DLC characters were announced? "[There's] obviously always possibilities in the future for other characters like that—though I’m not saying anything certain" sounds to me like a really big hint at actual DLC.

Novid

Banned
Agreed, but I think it's pretty understandable that people aren't going to believe Capcom on this one. Quite frankly the only reason I even believe him there is because it's likely a contractual thing with Namco.

Edit: FINALLY won a ranked match. I go into a 7-player Endless lobby, no to very minimal lag. What the fuck. Guess I'm not playing Ranked until it's patched or something.

Its based on the host.

seems like the damage without the gems makes the game way faster. stream going fine on my end.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? The balance in this game still worries me.

And I'd rather just have a Super disc with everything on the disc unlocked and real upcoming DLC.

Novid

Banned
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? The balance in this game still worries me.

And I'd rather just have a Super disc with everything on the disc unlocked and real upcoming DLC.

seems like the same damage and with out the gems you gonna have to tag faster than with the gems (defense mostly)

MrDaravon

Its based on the host.

I have a great connection and most online games I play I'm usually made host. In theory if I'm hosting and still getting horrible lag, would that mean it's matching me against people who have worse connections or something? Even when me and the opponent were both full bars it was awful in Ranked.

It is indeed a rather unorthodox way of announcing things, but it was very deliberate on our part. It was a message to people that we’re going to keep supporting this title going forward, and that when you see additions to the Vita version, you’ll see additions like this in the future on the console versions as well. You’ll see continuous support like we did with Super Street Fighter IV, and then Arcade Edition, and then the Arcade Edition 2012 patch.
We’ll keep expanding on what we’ve put together in Street Fighter X Tekken, so hang on to your disc. So, to me, that was a way to communicate that message that we’re not finished with the game—we’re just getting started. And won’t be like Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. [laughs] Of course, [Tekken producer Katsuhiro] Harada-san and his notorious team of slowpokes won’t have their version of the game out until like 2018 or so, so we’ll have plenty of time to support ours in the meantime. [laughs]

Shots fired. Damn.

Degen

did most of law's trials during lunch. i think i found my first character. i want to use a tekken team, but for now im using guile as my other main. why couldnt honda be in this game lol
Honda might be the only one of SF2's original eight that didn't make the cut

Julia knows sumo wrestlers with more staying power, though

MThanded

I think there’s always going to be further to go, so I’m not worried about it. I’m not going to rest until we get to a point where we can perfectly replicate the EVO experience in an online environment, so that you can get 100,000 people in front of their consoles watching a tournament unfold and participating in that tournament. We haven’t done that yet, and technology hasn’t allowed us to do that yet—but when we get to that point, I’ll feel like we’ve done our job. Until that time, I’m not going to rest. I’m going to keep going.

Ono you glorious bastard. If you could pull this off... I'd be amazed.

Novid

Banned
I have a great connection and most online games I play I'm usually made host. In theory if I'm hosting and still getting horrible lag, would that mean it's matching me against people who have worse connections or something? Even when me and the opponent were both full bars it was awful in Ranked.

must be the ping and distance. The connection has to work harder to get to your end. and PSN uses UPLOAD not download - so most folks that have 512K upload will be fine for a majority of online games. Mines a good 2MB.

MrDaravon

must be the ping and distance. The connection has to work harder to get to your end. and PSN uses UPLOAD not download - so most folks that have 512K upload will be fine for a majority of online games. Mines a good 2MB.

I'm on xbox if that matters. I'd need to doublecheck but my upload is usually between 1-2MB. Regardless of any of that I'm just not understanding why it's fucked every time in Ranked, but seems to be fine in Endless.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Ultradavid thought gems were fishy from the onset. He is doing a bang up job proving why the system may be flawed.

Thing is, the "assist" class gems are allegedly intended to make noobs feel better and aren't supposed to be used in real play. They're also the only (I think?) gems that actually screw with stuff like teching and blocking.

Every other gem is just some form of stat tweak, be it attack power, defense, power, movement speed, or meter gain.

I'm having a hard time imagining how any combination of gems that don't involve assist gems could actually make the game unplayable or break it. Naturally this will require a lot of experimentation.

But trying to break the game using the assist gems combined with pro level dirty tricks kinda seems like setting up a straw man for criticizing the gems... I'd think the logical thing to do would be to merely ban assist category gems for serious play.

Novid

Banned
I'm on xbox if that matters. I'd need to doublecheck but my upload is usually between 1-2MB. Regardless of any of that I'm just not understanding why it's fucked every time in Ranked, but seems to be fine in Endless.

download has more priority then, so they must have a lower download speed but good everything else.

But trying to break the game using the assist gems combined with pro level dirty tricks kinda seems like setting up a straw man for criticizing the gems... I'd think the logical thing to do would be to merely ban assist category gems for serious play.

That is fine for tournament play, an easy solution. But if the game can be 'broken' in this way, you can bet online will be flooded with people doing it, just because they can.

Could just see a set of matches:

Ryu/Ken
Guile/Zangief
Guile/Zangief
Guile/Zangief
Some guy not abusing gems and actually running an interesting team!
Ryu/Ken
Guile/Zangief
*quits*

This isn't good for the game. Capcom will never allow you to 'disable' gems online, because people have already paid for their power boost. So it is quite an issue.

MThanded

Thing is, the "assist" class gems are allegedly intended to make noobs feel better and aren't supposed to be used in real play. They're also the only (I think?) gems that actually screw with stuff like teching and blocking.

Every other gem is just some form of stat tweak, be it attack power, defense, power, movement speed, or meter gain.

I'm having a hard time imagining how any combination of gems that don't involve assist gems could actually make the game unplayable or break it. Naturally this will require a lot of experimentation.

If its broken and allowed everyone will surely use it. It's all about that paperrrr.

No one is going to handicap themselves by not abusing gems if it's going to give them a leg up on the competition.

But yeah some gems are going to be banned. I suspect all will be banned for the time being. Especially since they are adding dlc gems.

Novid

Banned
intresting. the fight now losing heath a half a tick faster than SSF4. Tourny Patch may have damage lessoned across the board if the user choses it.

brian

Hworaang is the new shoto scrub favorite. I've already seen an army of these players using this guy, waking up with his up kick reversal endlessly.

alstein

All Capcom has to do is set up a tournament mode with gems disabled, as a separate mode. Then folks who have the powerboost can still use it.

Top Bottom