• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Ferrio

Banned
none of them are really all that much better. just different conditions. i think people are overlooking the "fine print", i.e. a lot of these gems take up 2 or 3 slots instead of 1.

No they are straight up better. Look at my previous post that shows two gems, one dlc one not.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35826243&postcount=4882

Same conditions, same length, same slots, same bonus. Yet one of them has a negative side effect... but the DLC one doesn't.

DRE Fei

When you fail in mission mode, Dan usually gives you tips on what to do. One of the things Dan says is "did you know gems purchased as downloadable content offer better abilities than ordinary gems?" LOL Capcom, you are the best trolls.

No they are straight up better. Look at my previous post that shows two gems, one dlc one not.

Same conditions, same length, same slots, same bonus. Yet one of them has a negative side effect... but the DLC one doesn't.
do we even know if these are final? look at the assist gem called "boost effect extend lv3". it extends the duration of your boost gem, except that it takes up 3 slots, and theres only 3 slots possible.

i'll reserve judgement until the official release.

Ferrio

Banned
do we even know if these are final? look at the assist gem called "boost effect extend lv3". it extends the duration of your boost gem, except that it takes up 3 slots, and theres only 3 slots possible.

i'll reserve judgement until the official release.

Look above your post, it's straight from capcom that they're better.

LakeEarth

I'm picking Kuma just for the fart super. But god he's not easy. Huge but no range, can't get in and has no "get off me" move (as far as I can tell). Don't like him one bit.

But the fart!

When you fail in mission mode, Dan usually gives you tips on what to do. One of the things Dan says is "did you know gems purchased as downloadable content offer better abilities than ordinary gems?" LOL Capcom, you are the best trolls.

:-/ The worst thing is, I'm not sure if your joking or not.

Im honestly starting to believe when the dust settles, this is the game that is going to severely loosen Capcoms grip on the go-to-fighter crown, regardless of if the core game is good or not.

Way too much stunts have been pulled with this game already and who knows what else is in store.

I shudder to think what bullshit will bundled with any potential new Darkstalkers game.

Ferrio

Banned
Are the gems actually for sale as DLC?

Not yet but will be. From what I read, I guess what happened was that they didn't have them disabled on the store (PSN) pre-release so some people were able to browse them. That actually might of been w hat the day 1 patch on PSN was.

LakeEarth

Does pandora wipe your meter for the next round? I activated it just for fun, and I wasn't paying attention, but suddenly I didn't have meter during the next round and I didn't remember spending it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not going to lie. I like Ken so far. What a difference Jinrai makes. So far, I'm using Paul as his partner.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm interested in SF x T as a social experiment now. I want to see a $10,000 "Pay to Win" gem that gives you one hit knock-outs.

I'm not joking. Dan actually says that.
I lost a mission and he recommended that I "go to the store for help"

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

I feel like a battered housewife. Every bit of BS ive heard about this game, Ive screamed in outrage, but deep down I have still wanted it. Its a dream game and its taken me through a rollercoaster of emotions. Everything ive forgiven so far.

• I got over the inclusion of the gem system which is mandatory and fucking confusing to the very type of people they are meant to be aimed at :- people like me who are casual players.
  • I got over the fact that was 12 character DLC
  • I got over the fact the Bryan fury and Dudley weren't in the retail release
  • I got over the fact that the DLC was actually locked on the Disc and playable and is only waiting for the vita release before it can be used.
  • I got over the fact that Bryan's animations look like the love-child of blanka and Q
  • I even got over the No 2 -player online co-op on 360, besides it being an advertised feature

But this shit?

fuck+it.+im+out.jpg

kewlmyc

Loving this game so far, ESPECIALLY Rolento. Dude is easily one of the top 5 in the game imo. Secondary slots on my team is either Raven or Juri. I wanted to get good with Yoshimitsu but due has too many moves for me to memorize. I might go with some sort of grappler in the future.

Using Steve online is one of the most frustrating things I've ever tried. I try to put on pressure and I get jabbed out of everything

I will try my best not to drop him.

I don't think I'll play with Balrog since he's so awkward in this, No Headbutt on crouching opponents..really

Question -- when I do a cross launch (H>H or hp+hk), what are the limits to the juggle series afterwards?

Is it mostly dependent upon 1 hit juggle xx special move? I mean, you can do a simple chain, which is what I normally get, but I want more... trying to maximize damage here, of course. Do I have to do chain xx EX special?

The best I've done is chain > launcher > chain > super (with paul as the tag in).

Ferrio

Banned
When you chain you can't cancel into regular moves, it has to be EX or special. So you might wanna juggle with links instead that'll give you more freedom. Also remember you can cancel moves with HP+HK and it tags out at the cost of a meter. So you can do something like

Chain->launcher->juggle->special move->tag->juggle into a finisher.

When you chain you can't cancel into regular moves, it has to be EX or special. So you might wanna juggle with links instead that'll give you more freedom. Also remember you can cancel moves with HP+HK and it tags out at the cost of a meter. So you can do something like

Chain->launcher->juggle->special move->tag->juggle into a finisher.

Ok, that's what I thought... it's hard to get used to, especially after UMvC3 -- I hit the l > m > h chain and want to go into a SRK or something... :\

Is the cross rush tag or whatever better? the tag during mid combo without the launcher? is that mp+mk?

Ferrio

Banned
Ok, that's what I thought... it's hard to get used to, especially after UMvC3 -- I hit the l > m > h chain and want to go into a SRK or something... :\

Is the cross rush tag or whatever better? the tag during mid combo without the launcher? is that mp+mk?

HP+HK I think.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
How is the music in this game? Better than SF4?

It's the same composer as SFIV and MVC3, so it's his trademark electro / rave style. It's not the same kind of melodies as SFIV and has some remixes from games like Final Fight.

I love the man's music, considering it some of the best ever in fighting games.

But if you hate the electronica, it's just as "horrible" as SFIV. (I say this because of how much hatred their is for SFIV's music.)

Teknoman

Mad Gear #3 is on loop in ma brain.

Yup 2 and 3 for me. 2 wins out though since I really like the subway theme.

When Darkstalkers 4 hits, I hope it can match all the exciting stuff that happens in the backgrounds here. Every stage has so much life its crazy.

vg260

Just starting to play this now, but yeah, this game is making me feel real dirty.

I'm fine with content that takes significant work to be sold later (costumes, characters), but if they make us pay for colors in color edit mode, then I'm out.

Looking like Julia might be more execution heavy than I first thought. After seeing trag's second combo video, I started looking into using stuff like cr.hp and b.mp~lp xx qcb+p dash cancel ff.mp for frame traps and maintaining pressure. Not *that* hard, but it's a bit of a handful.

Kai Dracon

Yup 2 and 3 for me. 2 wins out though since I really like the subway theme.

When Darkstalkers 4 hits, I hope it can match all the exciting stuff that happens in the backgrounds here. Every stage has so much life its crazy.

SFIV team upgraded their stages in Super SFIV then upgraded the upgrade in SFxT

Would expect Darkstalkers to push the limits of what they can do / the hardware it is on.

We have had tech for better online play for years. The problem is that we are using peer 2 peer technology. I shouldn't have to put up connecting to someone with red bars. If he has a shit connection it should effect him, not me.

So, how is input delay on let's say green bar matches? Is it like playing under water, or something like a few frames behind (aka not that bad) Or, another way to put it is it like SSF4 or like vanilla Marvel?

Kai Dracon

Why is Cammy speaking Japanese? Game is okay but I like SF4 much better :p

Because she has both Japanese and English settings, like in SFIV?

SFxT just defaults to Japanese for the Capcom cast instead of English in the voice settings.

I'm fine with content that takes significant work to be sold later (costumes, characters), but if they make us pay for colors in color edit mode, then I'm out.

Yeah, it was mentioned that there would be free colour packs but Capcom did not state how many there will be and If all of them will be free.

Still love this little image. :p

30_sfxtmenu05.jpg

I can't do shit with Kazuya versus Rolento. I have no wake up. Dude is to safe. And Raven :O I need a good back-up for Kaz......Nina is not doing it....Maybe Jin?????

Top Bottom