• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I-hate-u

That 333 damage is done by Law with no meter. I am looking to play a team of Tekken characters. The first character has to have good footsies and the second does damage. Any suggestions?

My team is Law and Jin so far

LProtag

Haha, I feel stupid for being proud of my first win online. Dude used Pandora with 30 seconds left, I didn't think he'd need to be that desperate against me.

how's the netcode? i refuse to pay for live as long as my friends don't have the game. actually i refuse to pay at all, double dipping on PC version.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Autotech costs way too little meter.

Throws are kinda shitty in this game anyways, unless you are using one of the "urien" throw range characters *cough cough ogre*

how's the netcode? i refuse to pay for live as long as my friends don't have the game. actually i refuse to pay at all, double dipping on PC version.

Watching post get edited with a new sentence each time was amazing.

Sayah

The netcode is fine but the sound glitch makes everything 10X worse. Really is headache inducing.

Ferrio

Banned
Autotech doesn't tech command throws does it?

Also I like how ono or someone said king had his chain throws... what lies.

Novid

Banned
Like I said, several reasons:

1. The sound issue is a result of how they're handling their netcode. They were probably well aware of the issue before release, but it probably takes quite a big overhaul to the netcode to fix such an issue so they didn't bother or didn't have enough time for release.
2. They haven't said anything about fixing it yet. It's a huge bug found on day 1 of the game. If they planned to fix it soon they'd of said so already.

I'm betting the sound issue will go on for a few months atleast.

Someone is saying on SRK that Ono is using the same type of GGPO LITE and the sound is related to lag - meaning that those that have less lag will have no problems with the sound. If its part of the net code they have two options - they have to lower audio codec bitrate or they have re-rigg the whole database.

How are Sim players doing in this game?

Still early, so my Sim is doing well. So may shotos still trying to play this like SSF4, so it's easy as hell to zone them out.

Ryu is easy mode in this game. He's got chains, he's got easy links, he can do a lot of damage mid screen and in the corner. And because of his chains and easy links he can hit confirm into launcher without worry about wonky hit boxes in this game because his cr. MK has great reach. He's always been my main so I'm just glad he's good. Now I just need to find a 2nd character.

Good lord Ryu does good damage mid screen. cr.mp, cr.mp, cr.mk xx ex Jyoudan kick, cr.hp xx hp SRK is in the 400s for damage, and it's so easy.

I'm comfortable with everyone on the SF side, but man, taking me a while to digest the Tekken cast.

Can someone add me to the psn gaf chat for this? psn = the_log_ride

"and should be banned. lol, it's stupid good. If it's allowed in tourneys, there's no reason not to use it. ggs, btw"

Seriously. If you have no high-low mixup or a crazy cross up setup, there's no way to open someone up. And because of the short throw range, longer throw startup, and the general speed of meter gain, you can't even really drain someone of meter by forcing the auto tech activation.

"Throws are kinda shitty in this game anyways, unless you are using one of the "urien" throw range characters *cough cough ogre*"

They are, but the threat of them can at least give you openings.

"Autotech doesn't tech command throws does it?"

No.

Ferrio

Banned
Someone is saying on SRK that Ono is using the same type of GGPO LITE and the sound is related to lag - meaning that those that have less lag will have no problems with the sound. If its part of the net code they have two options - they have to lower audio codec bitrate or they have re-rigg the whole database.

In theory, but other than spectating I havne't heard anyone saying they've had correct sound online.

It's his super trololol

Ya, figured they tossed that in there just so they could say he has them.

Novid

Banned

i said it a few post earlier.

Online with Bad Sound, As good as BBCS

Online with fixed sound, better than BBCS

Online with where i can pick the best connection for ranked matches, GOD tier.

Seriously. If you have no high-low mixup or a crazy cross up setup, there's no way to open someone up. And because of the short throw range, longer throw startup, and the general speed of meter gain, you can't even really drain someone of meter by forcing the auto tech activation.

I saw in the Shoryuken Guile thread that UltraDavid is trying his hardest to get a game breaking defense team using the auto defense gems. He's running guile / zangief with auto block / tech and the the meter gain+ gem when your opponent blocks 4 attacks (sonic booms in this case). Then between the two auto gems and the alpha counter he can make himself as hard to hit as possible and win via timeout health and fireball / chip damage.

I can't see this standing up to say Combofiends Rolento offense, but I can see it being a pretty effective strat on Xbox Live, especially in the early days.

Venfayth

Xiao can do 400 damage pretty easily from mid screen as long as you can hit her Fortune Cookie -> Turn of Fortune link, which you can piano pretty easily.

j.hp, cr.hp xx fortune cookie (don't do the 2nd or 3rd hits, after you go into rain dance, piano the punches to get dark & stormy -> turn of fortune easily), turn of fortune (hold down at the end of turn of fortune to go into phoenix stance), wave crest, st.mp xx phoenix stance, phoenix talon

I'm still working on my pianoing, sometimes I'll get an ex turn of fortune, but it's extra damage.

Teknoman

Like I said, several reasons:

1. The sound issue is a result of how they're handling their netcode. They were probably well aware of the issue before release, but it probably takes quite a big overhaul to the netcode to fix such an issue so they didn't bother or didn't have enough time for release.
2. They haven't said anything about fixing it yet. It's a huge bug found on day 1 of the game. If they planned to fix it soon they'd of said so already.

I'm betting the sound issue will go on for a few months atleast.

...well thats not good news at all.

At any rate, its still fun to play online...but man is that so distracting. On that note, anyone put up a scrub group 360 tag yet? I'd do it, but i'm not that great at managing tags.

Ferrio

Banned
Xiao can do 400 damage pretty easily from mid screen as long as you can hit her Fortune Cookie -> Turn of Fortune link, which you can piano pretty easily.

j.hp, cr.hp xx fortune cookie (don't do the 2nd or 3rd hits, after you go into rain dance, piano the punches to get dark & stormy -> turn of fortune easily), turn of fortune (hold down at the end of turn of fortune to go into phoenix stance), wave crest, st.mp xx phoenix stance, phoenix talon

I'm still working on my pianoing, sometimes I'll get an ex turn of fortune, but it's extra damage.

Pretty sure you can c.HP->pheonix stance->talon. Might give a tiny bit more than s.mp.

Novid

Banned
A saw in the Shoryuken Guile thread that UltraDavid is trying his hardest to get a game breaking defense team using the auto defense gems. He's running guile / zangief with auto block / tech and the the meter gain+ gem when your opponent blocks 4 attacks (sonic booms in this case). Then between the two auto gems and the alpha counter he can make himself as hard to hit as possible and win via timeout health and fireball / chip damage.

I can't see this standing up to say Combofiends Rolento offense, but I can see it being a pretty effective strat on Xbox Live, especially in the early days.

goddamn. no wonder they want the gems out of the tourny. i mean im not saying experment with the gems - i find them ok, but i can understand why they dont want to use the stuff.

Imm0rt4l

anyone know how to do ravens crouching fierce loop? I remember seeing ryan hart do this on cross assault. do you have to do you have to cancel something? cuz I don't get it.

hertog

Wow, the sound glitch is really bad. Can't even enjoy my destruction of shoto scrubs :(

It really messes up my timing sometimes.

Ferrio

Banned
goddamn. no wonder they want the gems out of the tourny. i mean im not saying experment with the gems - i find them ok, but i can understand why they dont want to use the stuff.

Not to mention DLC gems are better than the regular. That alone should disqualify them.

Default Gem
YAmnfh.jpg

DLC gem
X9ME1h.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Almost the exact same combo I've been practicing. Too bad you have to use an ex to go into it off her st.mp, but I guess you can't have everything. Oh well. You don't have to spend meter off of st.mk and that move seems pretty good too.

OOC, have you figured out what the special property of ex back layout is?

Xevren

anyone know how to do ravens crouching fierce loop? I remember seeing ryan hart do this on cross assault. do you have to do you have to cancel something? cuz I don't get it.

Cancel cr fierce with qcb punch, hold the punch and dash cancel it, then just keep looping.

Venfayth

Almost the exact same combo I've been practicing. Too bad you have to use an ex to go into it off her st.mp, but I guess you can't have everything.

OOC, have you figured out what the special property of ex back layout is?

You can use st.lp and go into the fortune cookie, I think the st.mp is a spacing thing.

And I haven't tried doing cr.hp after the wave crest, I didn't think any normal but st.mp would work because of the distance, but stuff to work on tonight after I get home :)

ALSO her cr.hp has a fast startup time, you can do crossup j.lk into cr.hp pretty easily.

kiryogi

Banned
i said it a few post earlier.

Online with Bad Sound, As good as BBCS

Online with fixed sound, better than BBCS

Online with where i can pick the best connection for ranked matches, GOD tier.
As good as bbcs? I don't think so. At least not yet.

bumpkin

Woo! Got my hands on the game, ghetto style. I was going to buy it on day one, but life happened and I didn't have a spare $60 lying around; I won't until I get paid next Friday. In the meantime, I get to play it for free for the night thanks to a promo (reserve it at a nearby kiosk via redbox.com ). This will at least feed my need.

Well, either that or make my desire to own it ten-times worse.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Oh, not sure then. I think it might have invincibility? I'll have to mess around with it later.

Nah it doesn't have invincibility or armor or anything. Right now it looks like it's just ex for the sake of being ex. I dunno. I'm sure there's something to it.

did most of law's trials during lunch. i think i found my first character. i want to use a tekken team, but for now im using guile as my other main. why couldnt honda be in this game lol

V_Arnold

This game is so amaing.

I picked up Kazuya a few days ago, but had issues with using Mist Step cancels on real matches. So I picked a Jin/Kazuya duo for solely practicing that. Needless to say, the first day I could not win a match with Jin, I did not know what to do.

Slept on it, and yesterday, it went better. I could find some pressure tools, get to use some of the basic combos, and learned some tricks. But it was still not satisfactory. So I slept on it.

Tonight? I do d+kk->k anti-air+followup combos on REACTION! :D I do fireball pressure, nice strings..it is amazing.

Jin is a godsend in this game. Someone I can fill the hole after losing C.Viper to the transition. Not that they have too much in common, but some concepts are similar.

And I do not even hear the sound glitch anymore, my brain got used to it for some weird reason.

kirblar

This game is so amaing.

I picked up Kazuya a few days ago, but had issues with using Mist Step cancels on real matches. So I picked a Jin/Kazuya duo for solely practicing that. Needless to say, the first day I could not win a match with Jin, I did not know what to do.

Slept on it, and yesterday, it went better. I could find some pressure tools, get to use some of the basic combos, and learned some tricks. But it was still not satisfactory. So I slept on it.

Tonight? I do d+kk->k anti-air+followup combos on REACTION! :D I do fireball pressure, nice strings..it is amazing.

Jin is a godsend in this game. Someone I can fill the hole after losing C.Viper to the transition. Not that they have too much in common, but some concepts are similar.

And I do not even hear the sound glitch anymore, my brain got used to it for some weird reason.
Just wait until you can play Jack. He has seismos.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
lol@ how last night went

Free copy of the game tourney got people playing. After that, the number of folks playing it dropped off. A lot of folks didnt even try it. At the end of the night we had like a 2 hour long bash-a-thon while everyone was playing Marvel. I don't think the game will be very popular or have much of a scene here.

Top Bottom