• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

"Man, I don't even get it. I can cheese Dictator's c.LK c.LK c.LK c.LK all day long using my controller's turbo setting, but I just can't do it myself. It's like I just can't press the button fast enough. =/"

You don't mash it, you need to time it properly, mashing fast won't do it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
"Man, I don't even get it. I can cheese Dictator's c.LK c.LK c.LK c.LK all day long using my controller's turbo setting, but I just can't do it myself. It's like I just can't press the button fast enough. =/"

You don't mash it, you need to time it properly, mashing fast won't do it.

See, that makes sense, and I know that's how you're supposed to do it. But it doesn't explain why I can nail it with turbo every time, unless somehow my controller's turbo is calibrated to the exact rhythm of links in SFxT. :lol

See, that makes sense, and I know that's how you're supposed to do it. But it doesn't explain why I can nail it with turbo every time, unless somehow my controller's turbo is calibrated to the exact rhythm of links in SFxT. :lol

The turbo is throwing out so many inputs that some of them are falling into the link timing.

deim0s

Watching the WNF stream... (spooky on own3d.tv is stutters for me) Seems they're getting by w/o gems, have to try it out quick.

"The turbo is throwing out so many inputs that some of them are falling into the link timing."

This. Depending on the controller, some Turbos input like 12-20 inputs per second, which could possibly cover the link window, especially since it's supposedly easier in SFxT?

LProtag

The most complex combo I can really reliably pull out in a match is Hwoarang LP MP MP HP HP launcher combo into Ryu's EX SRK. Really super easy scrubby stuff, haha. Any idea of how I can work on extending this, most likely when Ryu comes in? Figure I might as well go with what I can do and work on branching off from there.

USD

"The turbo is throwing out so many inputs that some of them are falling into the link timing."

This. Depending on the controller, some Turbos input like 12-20 inputs per second, which could possibly cover the link window, especially since it's supposedly easier in SFxT?

It's still a 2F link like it was in SFIV, though now the move is a frame slower (start-up 4F, +5/+1).

Can someone please give me a better explanation of how to do a cross cancel? I cant land it in the tutorial :S

EDIT:Nevermind, just took a bit to get the timing.

broz0rs

Even though Capcom has stated they won't make a 2nd installment, I think they're going to have to with these week one 60% combos.

Ken

It's still a 2F link like it was in SFIV, though now the move is a frame slower (start-up 4F, +5/+1).

I'm not sure what that means, but should I be inputting the next command in a link as soon as the previous attack's animation ends?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Even though Capcom has stated they won't make a 2nd installment, I think they're going to have to with these week one 60% combos.

Patches, how do they work?

Also, this is sorta pissing me off. I keep doing Hwoarang's autocombo when trying to do his super (HCB+3P), even though his super command is nowhere NEAR the command for the autocombo. What the hell.

kirblar

There's a tag button for a reason. Hopefully we see more and more high-damage combos, because there's an absurd amount of time outs right nwo.

Your talking about the Steve/Balrog combo right? Didn't that require three bars? Let the game breathe for a minute before we start crying patch.

dwu8991

Banned
DSC00382.jpg

Awwww hell yeah!! Lunch then its on!

Where did you get that t-shirt?

DO WANT

Did they ever say that this was specifically designed for timeouts to be more of a concern? Because like half of my fights seem to always end in timeouts too. I don't really mind it, but it's definitely a little jarring as you usually rarely saw them in other games.

Did they ever say that this was specifically designed for timeouts to be more of a concern? Because like half of my fights seem to always end in timeouts too. I don't really mind it, but it's definitely a little jarring as you usually rarely saw them in other games.

It is a new game that most are not used to. Give it time.

USD

I'm not sure what that means, but should I be inputting the next command in a link as soon as the previous attack's animation ends?

Yes, that's the basic concept behind links. The first number is how many frames it takes for the move to come out. The last two are the advantage on hit and block, respectively. The first of those is the more important for combos. Since cr.LK leaves you at +5 on hit and the start-up of the move is 4F, you have a two-frame window to input another cr.LK for a valid combo.

It is a new game that most are not used to. Give it time.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with it, so I don't know what time has to do with it. My question was whether or not they ever mentioned having actually designed it for timeouts to be more of a factor. I actually am liking having to pay attention to the clock in this game more than I have before, and even use it to my advantage at times.

After being bodied by my friends Rolento and Kazuya.I think I'm going to drop Asuka for Poison.
maybe in a month or so,I'll take another look at her.

Where did you get that t-shirt?

DO WANT

Was a pre order bonus at GAME in Australia. I believe Big W here has it "until stocks last" if your from Aus.

Im sure like all other pre-order bonuses it will pop up on eBay sooner or later.

Its very annoying starting and endless battle, name it something along lines of looking for beginners. Then someone comes in that hasnt been playing rank so you cant really tell how noob he is and he mass combos you and gets a perfect. Looking for easy wins, sigh.

MvC 3 also had a lot of TOs when it came out.

kewlmyc

So many people using Rolento, including me. He's just so easy to use and has very little disadvantages. Raven is also pretty damn good. They make good partners.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, this is seriously pissing me off. Why would autocombo trigger when I'm trying to do Hwoarang's super? The super is HCB+3P. The autocombo is LK+HP. What the shit is going on.

kitzkozan

MvC 3 also had a lot of TOs when it came out.

I dunno, you really have to work for your damage in SFxT. Moreoso than in MvC3 or SFIV with x-factor or ultra meter. You have to earn everything in this game, including opening up opponents with consistency which isn't easy to do so far.

N4Us

Also, this is sorta pissing me off. I keep doing Hwoarang's autocombo when trying to do his super (HCB+3P), even though his super command is nowhere NEAR the command for the autocombo. What the hell.

Sometimes I get his EX kick by accident. Could just be my fingers slipping though.

You know I am very curious to see if there will be another strategy guide released once the 12 DLC characters are finally available. Also anxious to see if the Street Fighter X Tekken artbook that comes out next month will include any art for the DLC characters.

Westlo

You know I am very curious to see if there will be another strategy guide released once the 12 DLC characters are finally available. Also anxious to see if the Street Fighter X Tekken artbook that comes out next month will include any art for the DLC characters.

Considering how far off the DLC characters are we'll probably have a rebalance by than... so 12 new characters + changes to the existing 38... yep new bible time.

What do people think of the game in terms of watching on streams? Early days, but I'm not finding it terribly exciting.

Character variety will be pretty key going forward. I don't think there is too much to see if it is the same top tier (once one is established)

LordAlu

Okay, this is seriously pissing me off. Why would autocombo trigger when I'm trying to do Hwoarang's super? The super is HCB+3P. The autocombo is LK+HP. What the shit is going on.
Are you pressing all three punches yourself or just using the shortcut button for LP+MP+HP? If you're pressing all three yourself you might be accidentally hitting the LK as you're going for all three punches?

Also, I got the game in the post this morning (a day early for me, yes!) so I'm just getting used to the systems and getting some practice in. XBGT is the same as my GAF name if anyone wants to play a bit later on? :)

What do people think of the game in terms of watching on streams? Early days, but I'm not finding it terribly exciting.

Character variety will be pretty key going forward. I don't think there is too much to see if it is the same top tier (once one is established)

Like everything about the game: more hype than SF4, not as hype as MVC3. There's a ton of tech to discover in this though, learned a whole lot tonight by watching as per usual WNF monstering. Things could change when more people get their hands on it, especially the commentators, lol.

Toski

After playing around with Ken & Ryu, I must say you must be a true fan of Ken to use him in this game.

Its like they put in vanilla SF4 Ryu and then decided to buff him, and taking away Ken's kara-throw is bullshit.

Westlo

Dev blog is out... on the japanese site.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2012/03/08_6883.html

Someone please tell me an audio fix is coming :( While I've gotten to the point of phasing it out I would like to have the sounds back...

After playing around with Ken & Ryu, I must say you must be a true fan of Ken to use him in this game.

Its like they put in vanilla SF4 Ryu and then decided to buff him, and taking away Ken's kara-throw is bullshit.

With the throw ranges in this game who wouldn't be playing Ken if he still had a kara throw? Ken does feel off... I'm definitely preferring Cammy in this game a lot more (jump cancel st hk is so good and you can EX Divekick out of Hooligan rolls now, finally!)

Ken's still got good pokes, can link his super off his step kick and b+mk overhead (Step Kick is +2 on hit, Super is 2 frame startup), L.SRK H.SRk is an easy 230 damage anywhere and you can do much more, Ex Tatsu you can combo after, HK Tatsu Tag = Free Jump in combo, Target Combo is -1 on block.

Ken's hit confirms from crouching attacks sucks in this game, they really messed his frame data compared to SFIV.. but still Ken's much better off than Asuka.. why couldn't her counter work on jump ins.. would've helped out a lot in the AA department..

GorillaJu

Dev blog is out... on the japanese site.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2012/03/08_6883.html

Someone please tell me an audio fix is coming :( While I've gotten to the point of phasing it out I would like to have the sounds back...

With the throw ranges in this game who wouldn't be playing Ken if he still had a kara throw? Ken does feel off... I'm definitely preferring Cammy in this game a lot more (jump cancel st hk is so good and you can EX Divekick out of Hooligan rolls now, finally!)

Ken's still got good pokes, can link his super off his step kick and b+mk overhead (Step Kick is +2 on hit, Super is 2 frame startup), L.SRK H.SRk is an easy 230 damage anywhere and you can do much more, Ex Tatsu you can combo after, HK Tatsu Tag = Free Jump in combo, Target Combo is -1 on block.

Ken's hit confirms from crouching attacks sucks in this game, they really messed his frame data compared to SFIV.. but still Ken's much better off than Asuka.. why couldn't her counter work on jump ins.. would've helped out a lot in the AA department..

Doesn't she have an anti air grab?

Top Bottom