• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Bizazedo

Yep. Played tons more after I posted. Some friends just wanted to do 1vs1 and I had to suppress my irritation since they were just trying to learn multiple characters.

I can tag out and do the exact same combo as my partner does when I tag out to them, it's just so much more satisfying to see the partner do it.

Also, it's hilarious when I force a tag and he yells NO, I WAS ABOUT TO (insert X here).

I hope all the tournaments just do 2vs2, but I expect to be disappointed.

3:27:37

Why did Marduk randomly lose 1 bar of meter there?
looks like he flashed white, so accidental quick combo.

kodecraft said:
Agreed, I am finding myself playing strictly with an online partner 1vs1 doesn't appeal to me after playing 2vs2 or 2vs1.
are you doing it with randoms? i've been a little bit wary to try and team up with a random. have you run into any trolls or people who refuse to tag?

Ken

Yes, that's the basic concept behind links. The first number is how many frames it takes for the move to come out. The last two are the advantage on hit and block, respectively. The first of those is the more important for combos. Since cr.LK leaves you at +5 on hit and the start-up of the move is 4F, you have a two-frame window to input another cr.LK for a valid combo.
Thanks.

I'm terrible at timing so this will take me some time to learn.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Rolling with Asuka and Julia right now, but damn its tough getting in there with Asuka. Going to keep working with her, but I'll be checking out Steve soon just in case.

Was said many times before, but online really is ass. Ugh.

Duress

I keep going into launcher when I don't want to after the initial chain launcher string. I need to stop hitting the hard attack button so much.

Can someone give me any tips or a nice guide to marduk and heihachi? If anything, a few good combos to practice and grind out for each, esp what to do after a launch

LordAlu

Man, online is complete ass. I get sound effect drops all the time which completely throws me off, and switching characters doesn't even work half the time. I had two bars of cross gauge and MP+MK just would not switch characters. So frustrating when you need to switch and it just does nothing but an attack. Lost a match coz of that shit.

Bizazedo

Man, online is complete ass. I get sound effect drops all the time which completely throws me off, and switching characters doesn't even work half the time. I had two bars of cross gauge and MP+MK just would not switch characters. So frustrating when you need to switch and it just does nothing but an attack. Lost a match coz of that shit.

It doesn't seem to let or like people switching if blocking or if the stick / pad / analog isn't in a neutral position.

Not digging Chun Li here. Really liking Julia. Any good partner for her in this game? Someone with good offensive potential?

Also... who's idea was it that the Hazanshou doesn't hit overhead? Everyone and their mom do overheads and she doesn't. Wtf
never played chun in sf4, but she seems pretty good in this game. hazanshou leaves you at frame advantage allowing for easy hit confirm combos or possibly frame trap setups. plus i heard that the ex version is overhead.

if you're complaining about overheads, i mean at least she still has her double overhead jump-in target combo.

never played chun in sf4, but she seems pretty good in this game. hazanshou leaves you at frame advantage allowing for easy hit confirm combos or possibly frame trap setups. plus i heard that the ex version is overhead.

if you're complaining about overheads, i mean at least she still has her double overhead jump-in target combo.

and the best part....lightning legs is a fireball motion now XD

LakeEarth

I gotta get out of the Marvel mindset of get in, get the hit, and do all the damage you can, and get back into the SFIV mentality where just smacking someone with a roundhouse or an anti-air is good.

zlatko

Banned
Sweet. FCC sounds interesting.

I personally haven't done much FCC with him outside of his one trial combo that had it. People mention to FCC you just hit down after the stance to cancel out of it quickly. I was having a bitch time quick cancelling Peekaboo though, so hopefully the timing isn't as tight as peekaboo cancelling.

Steve can do some seriously god like damage, and with his speed and safe poke to get in (target combo of forward MP into LP), he can just keep putting on pressure until you fuck up somewhere to confirm for big damage. I'm almost seeing no point in his fireball honestly since he just wants to be in your face the whole time lol.

Sayah

Why do Capcom's training modes always suck? First I have to go to the command list, then select a character and then see the command list. And after I exit, the command list goes back to the beginning instead of leaving off where I had left it. And I should be able to select all the moves and see how they are performed so I can be sure I'm doing it right.

/Going through the command list is irritating.

zlatko

Banned
Why do Capcom's training modes always suck? First I have to go to the command list, then select a character and then see the command list. And after I exit, the command list goes back to the beginning instead of leaving off where I had left it. And I should be able to select all the moves and see how they are performed so I can be sure I'm doing it right.

Yeah I fully agree with this.

I just want to see the inputs fully on screen at the bottom, and be able to just hit select to watch the A.I do it. It can be a pain in the ass to manually find out during trials for example that the damn combo I'm trying to do is corner only, or certain space dependant, etc. Makes things that take seconds last far too long due to poor explanation on their part.

Chairhome

download the pdf that someone posted on the last page, it has all the moves on there.

Yeah I fully agree with this.

I just want to see the inputs fully on screen at the bottom, and be able to just hit select to watch the A.I do it. It can be a pain in the ass to manually find out during trials for example that the damn combo I'm trying to do is corner only, or certain space dependant, etc. Makes things that take seconds last far too long due to poor explanation on their part.

If I remember correctly, a company has a patent (I think its Namco or Sega) to have training mode that way.

I gotta get out of the Marvel mindset of get in, get the hit, and do all the damage you can, and get back into the SFIV mentality where just smacking someone with a roundhouse or an anti-air is good.

This.

I had this problem too. Eventually I settled on the idea of "get in, do damage, get out".

SIDE NOTE: That's what she said.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I personally haven't done much FCC with him outside of his one trial combo that had it. People mention to FCC you just hit down after the stance to cancel out of it quickly. I was having a bitch time quick cancelling Peekaboo though, so hopefully the timing isn't as tight as peekaboo cancelling.

Steve can do some seriously god like damage, and with his speed and safe poke to get in (target combo of forward MP into LP), he can just keep putting on pressure until you fuck up somewhere to confirm for big damage. I'm almost seeing no point in his fireball honestly since he just wants to be in your face the whole time lol.

I'll check his trials out when i get home. I had a feeling there would be some kinda trick to using him. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I've had less than 3 hours total playing the game, but the block stun seems like it..exists? Mashing out of things seems less viable than in SF4. If true that would make steve a bad mamma jamma.

vixlar

I do really hate that. Fortunately, some posts above there is a good pdf guide.

I would like to be like KOF98, you press back and voila, there is your command guide.

Other thing I hate is the Dummy defense. There is not an option to make the dummy block crouching but leaving the upper body open, so you can practice overhead (or mid) attacks.

LowParry

I don't think I'm liking Ling as much as I'd like to. She has some really strange normals. I might drop her at some point but for now, been playing around with Poison. She seems pretty good so far. Julia continues to impress.

zlatko

Banned
I'll check his trials out when i get home. I had a feeling there would be some kinda trick to using him. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I've had less than 3 hours total playing the game, but the block stun seems like it..exists? Mashing out of things seems less viable than in SF4. If true that would make steve a bad mamma jamma.

Unless you are mashing lows against Steve, then it's a very bad idea, because he has moves that make him sway like in Tekken to avoid mid attacks, and he can cancel those into numerous things from shoulder check target combos, to launchers, to low sweeps, etc. Best thing to do on wake up against Steve is either roll forward, mash a low if you think he's going for something unsafe, or else throw him.

zlatko

Banned
It's tempting not to try anything new when King's knee-knee-knee-knee-_____ is as great as it is.

The trick is to just find all teh ways you can combo into it. Aside from the usual good normals to poke with/anti air, etc, my time with King has been spent figuring out how many knees to get in off air juggles, off of counter hits, off of this and that.

Knee to the fourth power is too good . :p

hertog

It's tempting not to try anything new when King's knee-knee-knee-knee-_____ is as great as it is.

It's awesome, already got plenty of hatemail with people complaining that I'm spamming.
Guile's cross counter is also a thing of beauty

vocab

Never played HDR online, but I take it then it was one of Capcom's best online efforts?

HELL NO. Backbone broke the matchmaking on PS3, and the game is way faster than the arcade version so good fucking luck blocking or jumping over fireballs when the fireball animations don't play and appear in your face when its lagging. When it's good, it's good, but when it's average it's frustrating.

hertog

But man, do King's command throws suck

They have no good range, very slow start-up and there's one for only standing and one for only crouching opponents

Imm0rt4l

why is there no penalty for disconnecting? Or leaving the match before it is done?

I don't know if there is one for ranked matches, in SSF4 you lost 100 player points for disconnecting in ranked. You do have a disconnection rate thats visible to all those that play you at least.

rCIZZLE

I've always had a big problem with a feature in SF4 training mode... haven't tried this yet but maybe someone can tell me if it's still there. If you set the opponent to play like the CPU (walking training dumbie for practicing tech) is there a way to turn off meter building for them? In SF4 it was pretty frustrating since I'd get a few hits in then have to watch their ultra cutscene. I basically want them to just play as normal without firing off supers as soon as they get them.

There are command throws that grab both standing and crouching opponents?

Well, it's a SF system and in that command throws (like zangief's SPD) grab them in both scenarios.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Done with about 56% of the trials so far and having a good time so far. Does capcom have any other fighting games coming out any time soon?

They have no good range, very slow start-up and there's one for only standing and one for only crouching opponents
what? they have extremely good range from what i've seen, but yeah the high/low thing kinda sucks.

celcius said:
Done with about 56% of the trials so far and having a good time so far. Does capcom have any other fighting games coming out any time soon?
i heard darkstalkers is gonna be using the same engine...

STG

got my copy today

holy shit is this complex, currently trying chun-li + Lili (Team DEM LEGS)

Now I only hope capcpom patches that soundbug soon, I will not touch the online mode again in that state

zlatko

Banned

Yeah I really don't use them at all now when I play him. It just seems like you get blown up for even trying to read it right. I do feel his anti air stance move is good though if you got great reactions and reads on people who like to jump in a lot.

Degen

I wouldn't go that far. They both seem pretty good to me, although it took a minute to get used to the light swing doing more damage than the heavy one.

edit: just got that good D+ rank #swag

Top Bottom