• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

But man, do King's command throws suck

They have no good range, very slow start-up and there's one for only standing and one for only crouching opponents

I use them very rarely, especially the low one. I get the high one to connect a good amount (relatively).

When the low one connects though, it feels good. You had them turtling DB, hehe.

I like getting Guile players stuck in the corner sitting on downback. Low command throws feels goodman.

LordAlu

got my copy today

holy shit is this complex, currently trying chun-li + Lili (Team DEM LEGS)

Now I only hope capcpom patches that soundbug soon, I will not touch the online mode again in that state
Seriously it's so annoying. I won't be going online again until it's patched.

Bizazedo

I still can't get over the feeling that charge characters are going to be screwed in this game, though :(. Still too early to definitively say and might exclude Guile, but..feels that way.

vg260

QUESTION FOR BEST BUY CONSUMERS:

Okay so I got my pre order DLC Gem pack in my email today, BUT it was the lightning legs pack. I thought if you pre order the collectors edition you get the Cross Assault gem pack or something along those lines. Should I email or call them to get the right pack or am I in the wrong here?

Not sure if you got help with this yet. I got mine from Amazon but might be able to help.

The CE pre-order bonus is the cross arts for all retailers. The base CE comes with 36 gems (4 sets) However, my in-box slip said pre-order bonus pack and the details on my 360 screen when I entered it said 45 gems. (I forgot to double-check in game) Amazon also told me it's not emailed but on the slip. Double-check the voucher code/slip you got in your box. So, it looks like the pre-order bonus is not separate, but bundled up in a set of 45. It seems they just bundled a special pre-order pack slip in the box, and might change it up in later shipments. Hope that makes sense.

You can also check Best Buy's forums. They have a threads about these and a mod that helps sort this out if you're missing codes.

Lhexh

Ok soooooo I played a good Raven last night and am kinda put off by the game now, His mixups are ridiculous and dont even get me started on his juggles. Anyone have any tips or tricks to share against a Raven?

zlatko

Banned
Not sure if you got help with this yet. I got mine from Amazon but might be able to help.

The CE pre-order bonus is the cross arts for all retailers. The base CE comes with 36 gems (4 sets) However, my in-box slip said pre-order bonus pack and the details on my 360 screen when I entered it said 45 gems. (I forgot to double-check in game) Amazon also told me it's not emailed but on the slip. Double-check the voucher code/slip you got in your box. So, it looks like the pre-order bonus is not separate, but bundled up in a set of 45. It seems they just bundled a special pre-order pack slip in the box, and might change it up in later shipments. Hope that makes sense.

You can also check Best Buy's forums. They have a threads about these and a mod that helps sort this out if you're missing codes.

Yeah mine said 45 gems as well when I input that code that came on the instructions for the piggy bank. So the Lightning Legs pack was included in that 45, and this extra one I redeemed I could have gave away here? Fuck. ; ;

vg260

Yeah mine said 45 gems as well when I input that code that came on the instructions for the piggy bank. So the Lightning Legs pack was included in that 45, and this extra one I redeemed I could have gave away here? Fuck. ; ;

Pretty sure, yeah. :(

Ling+Cammy should be a sufficiently annoying team.

Loving this so far, but there's some weird input stuff I can't figure out--- just for fun, I'm practicing switching between Ling's two stances. However, half the time when I'm switching from one to another, an EX move comes out, even when I can see I did the input for the other stance correctly. Seems like there are some animation frames where it won't register the joystick input, only the button presses.

Degen

Sometimes the online play does that weird frame skipping thing that Third Strike Online did for a while. Drives me nuts more than the sound effect drop
Might have something to do with being a Samurai...
yo i'm ninja samurai starwars robin hood; what y'all got!?

-PXG-

I gotta get out of the Marvel mindset of get in, get the hit, and do all the damage you can, and get back into the SFIV mentality where just smacking someone with a roundhouse or an anti-air is good.
This my issue too.

Normals and pokes are fine.

yeah, what's this about gem imbalance.

I guess you can't control the internet backlash, I just hope Capcom doesn't listen this time so we don't get another Sentinel situation (there was absolutely no reason to nerf his health, other than to satisfy people who didn't want to put in the work of figuring him out.)

I mean, if you're saying a game is broken on day 2, that's a personal problem, even if you're Daigo himself.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What a clusterfuck. I feel bad for Seth Killian tho, next time he shows up at an event he's going to get swarmed over all this.
The dude is frequently made to look like a chump when he has to talk about a situation that has already changed. I kinda shared in that feeling when I talked with him about SFxT's DLC characters when according to what I knew it was a planned update rather than everything being complete on disc.

*sigh*

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL at crying about the dlc gem for 20% more damage and no speed penalty being better than the one with it.

Have you ever thought of maybe STACKING THE DAMN THINGS AND GETTING 40% for the same requirement, oh noooo you lose 10% speed though! That's ok, walk speed is ass in this game anyways on most characters.

Enordash

Any capcom response so far on the gross gem imbalance or a patch for the fucked up online?

The sound problem is really breaking balls. I didn't think it was going to bother me so much until I started experiencing it every 5 seconds. I don't think we got through a single game without it cutting out. Also, I'm a pretty big fan of the gems that came with the limited edition. I can see why people aren't so happy about it.

Ferrio

Banned
LOL at crying about the dlc gem for 20% more damage and no speed penalty being better than the one with it.

Have you ever thought of maybe STACKING THE DAMN THINGS AND GETTING 40% for the same requirement, oh noooo you lose 10% speed though! That's ok, walk speed is ass in this game anyways on most characters.

Sure I have, I also realized that it costs money to do that. So people might have to pay money to be competitive. Not saying that's how it'll turn out (the gems might be crap), but it has a potential of that happening.

Sure I have, I also realized that it costs money to do that. So people might have to pay money to be competitive. Not saying that's how it'll turn out (the gems might be crap), but it has a potential of that happening.
they released the first shadow battles for mvc3 free. what makes you think they won't release the first gem pack for sfxt for free?

Ferrio

Banned
they released the first shadow battles for mvc3 free. what makes you think they won't release the first gem pack for sfxt for free?

Because they have no reason to, and haven't hinted that that's the case at all. They gave the first shadow battles for free to show people what the system was like. We already know how gems work. Even if they released the *first* pack free, it doesn't mean they won't charge for later better packs and even more down the line. That's the point.

MvC3 didn't ship with any shadow battles at all if I remember correctly. This already has free gems.

Retrying my earlier question: Anyone know how it determines what bosses you fight when you use one SF character and one Tekken character?

Because they have no reason to, and haven't hinted that that's the case at all. They gave the first shadow battles for free to show people what the system was like. We already know how gems work. Even if they released the *first* pack free, it doesn't mean they won't charge for later better packs and even more down the line. That's the point.
pac-man and mega man are free. and another example from umvc3, h&h mode was completly free.

Ok soooooo I played a good Raven last night and am kinda put off by the game now, His mixups are ridiculous and dont even get me started on his juggles. Anyone have any tips or tricks to share against a Raven?

I don't think most of us know our matchups right now, too early. Just keep playing and get the experience.

A good Law fucked me up last night....didn't know the hell how to block anything.

Ferrio

Banned
pac-man and mega man are free. and another example from umvc3, h&h mode was completly free.

They're free because sony paid for ps3 users for them. They won't be free for xbox, I garuntee. H&H wasn't free either, you had to buy a whole new game for it.

You're being quite naive about this.

LakeEarth

What a clusterfuck. I feel bad for Seth Killian tho, next time he shows up at an event he's going to get swarmed over all this.

Luckily when he was asked about the online, he took a wait and see stance. Good move.

Yeah, I'm basically immune to the glitches now.
Yeah after the first 4-5 matches straight it stops being as distracting. But when I came back to the game the next day, it took another 4-5 matches to get re-adjusted.

Someone tried to pandora me. I decieded to block.

I really do love the basics of the combat engine of this game so far, but some of the stuff like Pandora I just shake my head at. I just can't see it being used outside of some very edge cases, and it always seems like a bit of a waste to have a combat mechanic with such specialized usage. I don't doubt that pros might find some smart ways to bring it into usage, but I just don't get it in the current form, especially with how long the super animations last.

Sblargh

Banned
Holy shit. It has finally arrived (if not I'll be on sudoku watch). See you laters after my first rage quit calling this game bullshit.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
yeah, what's this about gem imbalance.

I guess you can't control the internet backlash, I just hope Capcom doesn't listen this time so we don't get another Sentinel situation (there was absolutely no reason to nerf his health, other than to satisfy people who didn't want to put in the work of figuring him out.)

I mean, if you're saying a game is broken on day 2, that's a personal problem, even if you're Daigo himself.

Not true. At the rate information spreads and how many different people like desk are out there finding shit at the same time you can make a case for certain things being way out of whack. I'd agree that people need to hold off before declaring everything broken, but to say that you can't find absurdly unbalanced things in the first few days of the game is just not true. We all knew phoenix was broken on both day 1 and day 101.

Makoto

How is anyone supposed to play Bob on pad without coming up with some screwy button config? Looks like I'll really have to save up for a stick before I commit to this game.

You're being quite naive about this.
no, i'm simply waiting for the official release before judging. there are what, 3 or 4 gems that are better, and only slighty at that. did you also realize there are 3 or 4 gems that do completely nothing? why would someone buy a completely useless gem? we don't know if these are the final gems that will be released nor do we know the pricing.

The gems aren't even enough of a factor for people to cry broken.

I played some offline casuals last night without gems, and no one really seemed to notice.

Top Bottom