• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

MvC3 didn't ship with any shadow battles at all if I remember correctly. This already has free gems.

Retrying my earlier question: Anyone know how it determines what bosses you fight when you use one SF character and one Tekken character?

I assume it's based on who your first character pick is. Thats what determines the ending you get anyway.

Ferrio

Banned
no, i'm simply waiting for the official release before judging. there are what, 3 or 4 gems that are better, and only slighty at that. did you also realize there are 3 or 4 gems that do completely nothing? why would someone buy a completely useless gem? we don't know if these are the final gems that will be released nor do we know the pricing.

Well the fact that DAN in the mission mode states you should buy gems from the store if you're losing might be a good indication that yes they plan to sell gems that are better.

Luckily when he was asked about the online, he took a wait and see stance. Good move.

Yeah after the first 4-5 matches straight it stops being as distracting. But when I came back to the game the next day, it took another 4-5 matches to get re-adjusted.

Whaddya mean exacty by wait and see? Like theyre going to wait and see if they want or can fix the online?

I had someone try to pandora me with like 7 seconds left on the clock, and had way more health than I did. The match timer ran out shortly after he activated pandora and he lost. It was amazing.

People are really desperate to win or.... maybe they just wanna get over with it

alba

Little is the new Big
Wow, awesome! I just received my game from ShopTo one day ahead of release. Time to join the ScrubsGAF chat and play. Where you at, EuroGAF? <3

finally have a team that i can focus on with law/bob. gonna pracice bnbs today.

to anyone with the e-book:

is it pretty easy to navigate and jump around to different characters and sections? i like the layout of the hardcopy (which i currently own) but i was thinking about buying the e-book and selling my hardcopy instead.

vg260

Coming from SFIV, I'm having a hard time finding a substitute for Rose (I'm a sucker for character design for choosing a character). I imagine she's not in this because she so anti-fireball focused, and would be pretty useless as a result.

kirblar

Coming from SFIV, I'm having a hard time finding a substitute for Rose (I'm a sucker for character design for choosing a character). I imagine she's not in this because she so anti-fireball focused, and would be pretty useless as a result.
Given that the entire Tekken cast has anti-fireball moves, she would have been really redundant.

finally have a team that i can focus on with law/bob. gonna pracice bnbs today.

to anyone with the e-book:

is it pretty easy to navigate and jump around to different characters and sections? i like the layout of the hardcopy (which i currently own) but i was thinking about buying the e-book and selling my hardcopy instead.

Yea there is a link to every character on the side.

vg260

Given that the entire Tekken cast has anti-fireball moves, she would have been really redundant.

Yeah, probably even more so that she's focused on using them rather than just avoiding them. Not too many chuckers in this. Still kinda bummed.

Not true. At the rate information spreads and how many different people like desk are out there finding shit at the same time you can make a case for certain things being way out of whack. I'd agree that people need to hold off before declaring everything broken, but to say that you can't find absurdly unbalanced things in the first few days of the game is just not true. We all knew phoenix was broken on both day 1 and day 101.

And zangief was top tier when vanilla SF4 came out. People may figure things out.

Dry_Bones

So, I've been playing Makoto for two years now in Super Street Fighter IV and Arcade Edition .. What's the closest to her I can get in Street Fighter x Tekken ?? :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So, I've been playing Makoto for two years now in Super Street Fighter IV and Arcade Edition .. What's the closest to her I can get in Street Fighter x Tekken ?? :)

In a weird way, Julia gives me the vibes of her a tiny bit, lots of really good normals. No command grab though. You could try Heihachi.

Not true. At the rate information spreads and how many different people like desk are out there finding shit at the same time you can make a case for certain things being way out of whack. I'd agree that people need to hold off before declaring everything broken, but to say that you can't find absurdly unbalanced things in the first few days of the game is just not true. We all knew phoenix was broken on both day 1 and day 101.

no "we" didn't. She was just the most apparently strong, though not without weaknesses, faults, and ways to deal with her. MVC3 Vanilla had very few months to breathe, as most people gave up on it as soon as Ultimate was announced...."we" don't know crap about it. When given an actual chance, these games grow and change a lot, which is why it's super annoying to see "OMG BROKEN" on day 2. It's a salty, anti-progress attitude.

LakeEarth

Julia huh. Good normals, 1 frame super. I might put her on the list of Tekken characters to try out tonight (Law, Hworang, Paul, Julia).

TGMIII

I don't know if I like this game or not. Every time I play it online it's just like ughhhhhh but I guess I'll see how I feel after I get some offline play at locals.

Top Bottom