• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

FinKL

Heihachi and Julia ?? I honestly wasn't expecting Tekken characters but I will try both of them out .. Thanks guys !

Heihachi reminds me of Mak because of the slow walk speed and some of his command normals move him forward. Even his jumping short looks EXACTLY the same. Julia has a dash punch, but it works weird as it can be feinted or delayed. Julia has great normals, in fact, most Tekken characters (minus Asuka) seem to have great normals.

LegatoB

edit: Oh wait, dude posted the PR guide they got the OK to pass around? Well, okay, just nobody be dumb enough to post the Brady guide, aight?

It's a stream monster joke :p

I don't have the game yet, so I'm really on Sudoku Watch
BibleThump.png

Working with Steve -- he's pretty cool, but I really have to think about what I'm doing when I'm using him. Anyone have any tips on how to do his flicker crouch cancel (FCC)? Specifically the f.MP->LP one that Masrap was using last night on WNF. I can do it (though rather sporadically) from, say, c.HP into a chain combo or something, but I can't do it at all after the former.

Julia's super doesn't start on the first frame, it has a 1 frame startup. It punishes moves that are -2 or more, but if it's -1, you'll still be able to block the super.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, so even though Chun-Li's super now travels full-stage with total invincibility, it's 9f instead of 7f like Hosenka. Also, it still has juggle issues like Hosenka. :/

Venfayth

does the guide go into detail on how frame data changes when you chain normals? are there any characters with a safe chained hp/hk?

I believe chaining normals works like this:

During the startup/active frames of a normal, you may hit another normal of a higher strength. This will cancel the recovery frames of the first normal you hit and immediately begin the startup/active frames of the normal you're cancelling in to.

I doubt there are any characters with a safe hp/hk, maybe some that are tough to punish (-4 or so)

What you can do is find a character with a multi-hit medium normal (juri and xiao both have these) as they give you more time to decide whether or not to cancel them in to the hp or hk to go for the launcher.

Yknow, the more that I think about it, I think I know what may have happened with the online. Some reviewers in this thread way back mentioned that review copies came with a notice not to review online until monday. In addition, the actual netcode, for me anyway, has been incredibly solid, it's just been the sound issue. Then Capcom totally ignores any talk of patches or even addressing the sound bug. If I had to guess, I'd say their day 1 patch that was supposed to go up Monday failed certification.

Or maybe I'm just hopeful and the online'll stay broken forever. =(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Julia's super doesn't start on the first frame, it has a 1 frame startup. It punishes moves that are -2 or more, but if it's -1, you'll still be able to block the super.
In SF4 and SFxT, startup includes the first active frame. Julia's super will punish -1 attacks.

Uploaded some Online matches here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ea-iIabrTA

I feel like such a noob skipping out on Super!!! I feel like I could have used the practice to help me, I have just been a Marvel 3 fanboy and played Super like a few times and skipped out on it.

I love the feel of this game, its just getting used to no air guarding and... well all the obvious stuff you cannot do in this game. Also that comebacks are not as easy in this game.

But I love this game! Perhaps with time more than Marvel 3

Also one thing I have to say, the Online matches have been really bad... Because of lag... and that annoying sound glitch... =( hopefully things get better in about a week or so. I remember vanilla marvel 3 being bad online when it first came out.

Ferrio

Banned
Yknow, the more that I think about it, I think I know what may have happened with the online. Some reviewers in this thread way back mentioned that review copies came with a notice not to review online until monday. In addition, the actual netcode, for me anyway, has been incredibly solid, it's just been the sound issue. Then Capcom totally ignores any talk of patches or even addressing the sound bug. If I had to guess, I'd say their day 1 patch that was supposed to go up Monday failed certification.

Or maybe I'm just hopeful and the online'll stay broken forever. =(

If they had a patch ready to fix that issue they'd of come out and said it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
"In SF4 and SFxT, startup includes the first active frame. Julia's super will punish -1 attacks."

No sir.
Just did some testing and I've determined the following:

1) There are no additional figures to consider with startup. It includes the first active frame as expected and there are no additional freeze frames to put in.
2) The listing for Julia's startup is in error. It's simply a 2f startup listed as 1f.
3) Had the listing been accurate, it would punish a -1 move with a 1f startup.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just did some testing and I've determined the following:

1) There are no additional figures to consider with startup. It includes the first active frame as expected and there are no additional freeze frames.
1) The listing for Julia's startup is in error. It's simply a 2f startup listed as 1f.

Or maybe it's right and rolento is 0 recovery :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Or maybe it's right and rolento is 0 recovery :p
I checked out various super punish situations with different characters and they ALL behaved as expected, except for Julia.

Chances are, I'm looking at a single error in Julia's frame data and not several among random characters. More than anything else, though, I don't want Teknopathetic deceiving people into thinking the terminology means something it doesn't. Errors in frame data happen. I'm familiar with quite a few myself from the SF4 books.

SSReborn

Anyone else feel they need to increase the maximum time from 99 seconds for online matches in ranked and endless battle; or in general?

d0c_zaius

Anyone else feel they need to increase the maximum time from 99 seconds for online matches in ranked and endless battle; or in general?

some of the matches last night on WNF were over in less than 40 seconds.

Its been said before, but the game is new and needs time to grow. I can't guarantee anything, but I bet that after in a couple of months the average player will not be running into nearly as many timeouts.

Stuff like Pandora and time decreasing during cinematic moves (supers and grabs) is annoying though and its surprising that Capcom continues to overlook this. I've lost matches I should have won because hugos animation takes too long, and Marduk seems way more effective with his quick grab.

Top Bottom