• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Sblargh

Banned
Man, Poison's 20th trial is murder. It's insane, it's a ex-rekka x 3 (where you can press one more by accident and send the dude flying), then a super hard link into another super hard link into another super hard link -> super.

And right after bitching on GAF, I did it!

Skilletor

The guide lists all of jin's crouching kick attacks as high. I don't trust this guide when something that simple is overlooked.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chun-li's hazanshu hits overhead on all versions except light.

Juri's lk pinwheel is STILL more unsafe on crouch block than standing block. -6 vs -2.

Juri is projectile invincible when ex super charging.

XenoRaven

Ok, so even though Chun-Li's super now travels full-stage with total invincibility, it's 9f instead of 7f like Hosenka. Also, it still has juggle issues like Hosenka. :/
I really get the feeling they didn't want her zoning tools to be as good but didn't know how to compensate her for it, so we wind up with nerfed normals and a slightly better overhead(?).

I mean I haven't spent that much time with the game so maybe she has great combos or something. All I know is poking at Law to keep him out 5-6 times and then have him get one hit that turns into like 450 damage and pushes me toward the corner isn't working out.

SSReborn

I'm not suggesting getting rid of time completely just a slight extension as it seems to run out mainly during really back and forth matches where player skill is fairly even. Especially when you factor in your teammate and his health bar as well. Its not even that big a problem really just wanted varying oppinions.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I'm not suggesting getting rid of time completely just a slight extension as it seems to run out mainly during really back and forth matches where player skill is fairly even. Especially when you factor in your teammate and his health bar as well. Its not even that big a problem really just wanted varying oppinions.

Do combos

kitzkozan

Steve/Balrog Combo

SO MUCH DAMAGE and it has the music from the best anime ever.

As people discover and use these setup, nobody will talk about time out or having infinite time. :p LOOK AT DA DAMAGE! 0_0 So far, nearly everyone is trying to play the game like it's SFIV and it's not working since:

- It look boring and disjointed as sin, even less exciting than SFIV XD
- people can't get any momentum going by trying to fish with jabs over and over again
- continually miss the wallbounce opportunities or switch cancel with no clue as to what to do in certain situation

SFxT is not a simple game so people will need more time to get familiar with it. In the future, people won't waste so much meter on ex moves since you also need it for super and cross art. We will be seeing a lot of team setup where the coming partner get a free super off or 600-700+ damage setup like Steve+boxer did in that video.

Juri is my main in SSF4 but wow I just tried her out in SFxTK and she seems way, way better. Her super does the 2nd highest damage in the game after Hugo and can be combo'd into so easily, especially compared to how it was in SSF4. Lots of easy juggle combos. Almost makes me want to use her again but I like trying out new characters, and when things seem too good there's always fear of a nerf patch haha.

Venfayth

Chun-li's hazanshu hits overhead on all versions except light.

Juri's lk pinwheel is STILL more unsafe on crouch block than standing block. -6 vs -2.

Juri is projectile invincible when ex super charging.

Someone said crouch block was -4, where'd you hear it was -6?

I wish I was home so I could test this stuff :(

Xevren

Anyone know what Lily's M counter is for? I can't seem to see what it's used for at all. I know what the light and heavy are for though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Thank you for the replies. I'm guessing only certain moves are tag cancellable? Probably indicated in the moves list right.

I played the game for 6 hours last night with some friends and it's just an utter blast. Even though none of my SF4 mains are in it. =(

Venfayth

Anyone know what Lily's M counter is for? I can't seem to see what it's used for at all. I know what the light and heavy are for though.

Guide says: Counters strikes on Lili's midsection frames 1-15. Light says head frames and heavy says lower body frames. EX of course is all attacks.

remist

I decided to purchase the e-guide and it has a lot of good information in there for beginners. I just spent 45 min reading the glossary and gameplay sections and now I understand alot of the terminology I was hearing here and on streams like frame traps, option selects ect.

It's pretty crazy how much stuff you have to take into consideration during a match. Pretty overwhelming for a newbie.

Ferrio

Banned
Thank you for the replies. I'm guessing only certain moves are tag cancellable? Probably indicated in the moves list right.

I played the game for 6 hours last night with some friends and it's just an utter blast. Even though none of my SF4 mains are in it. =(

All moves are, except I guess supers?

Venfayth

I decided to purchase the e-guide and it has a lot of good information in there for beginners. I just spent 45 min reading the glossary and gameplay sections and now I understand alot of the terminology I was hearing here and on streams like frame traps, option selects ect.

It's pretty crazy how much stuff you have to take into consideration during a match. Pretty overwhelming for a newbie.

Abso-fucking-lutely. It is literally hell trying to learn fighting game lingo/terminology. Especially if you have no other newbs to learn with. If you do have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM.

Can someone point me to a list of gaffer tags with this game, or the gaffer metatag? I need some peeps to play against that aren't randoms, yknow, that actually talk on their mics.

Edit: man what's with me today, it's in the OP. Hell even I'm in the op.

GringoJB

Yeah, I hear you... just try to focus on playing the game and having fun, first and foremost! You can feel out how everything works for yourself, figure out how you like to play, and then you can go back to the guide to fill in some of the blanks in your head (plus to get the lingo down that everyone uses online)

zlatko

Banned
Steve/Balrog Combo

SO MUCH DAMAGE and it has the music from the best anime ever.

Dat damage is god like. I feel like I could do better/more with Steve/kazuya or Steve/bigger damage character than rog.

Too bad I love Rolento so much. His damage is ass, but he gets to wittle people down so safely that it's more than a fair trade off to just poke 'em away bit by bit. :)

Man, Poison's 20th trial is murder. It's insane, it's a ex-rekka x 3 (where you can press one more by accident and send the dude flying), then a super hard link into another super hard link into another super hard link -> super.

And right after bitching on GAF, I did it!

Argh, I hate this trial. I don't wanna resort to YouTube videos but I may have to on this one to find the timing. Even then, I think it'll still be hard to execute. =[

Lingxor

Which characters aren't heavily execution focused? Honda isn't in this game so I haven't picked it up, but it'd be nice to know.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Dat damage is god like. I feel like I could do better/more with Steve/kazuya or Steve/bigger damage character than rog.

Too bad I love Rolento so much. His damage is ass, but he gets to wittle people down so safely that it's more than a fair trade off to just poke 'em away bit by bit. :)

Rofl thats hillarious cause i was circling around Using kaz/steve or rolento steve. I was gonna go rog steve but ive played rog for so long that its just redundant now.

zlatko

Banned
Just played 6 rolentos in a row. LOL

edit:7

I liked him before it was cool. ; ;

It does kinda detract from me wanting to play him since he's everywhere and the mirror match turns into a bit of who's doing more shit than the other guy in terms of just hitting buttons lol.

No way in hell I'd drop him though. He's top tier. :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I liked him before it was cool. ; ;

It does kinda detract from me wanting to play him since he's everywhere and the mirror match turns into a bit of who's doing more shit than the other guy in terms of just hitting buttons lol.

No way in hell I'd drop him though. He's top tier. :)

He's really good, but it's way to early to slap tiers on anyone

Top Bottom