• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Moaradin

Starting to get used to Ibuki/Rolento. Probably better with Rolento at this point. I need to learn if Ibuki has any juggle potential.

So I know someone posted earlier asking why in they world when the tried to do a super would an auto combo come out instead, well yesterday I was teaching my buddy how to do supers(fighting game newbie) and he would try to do them but an auto combo would come out instead, I was like ok thats not suppose to happen, took the control and did the super no problem, gave back to him and when he tried it agian, auto combo came out, we came to the realization that when he was going for the motion for the super he was clicking in the left stick. Auto combo is mapped to the L3 R3 buttons, turn them off and problem solved!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Fuck. The timing on the last st.MK -> Gehosen on Yoshimitsu's 18th trial is murder. =/

So I know someone posted earlier asking why in they world when the tried to do a super would an auto combo come out instead, well yesterday I was teaching my buddy how to do supers(fighting game newbie) and he would try to do them but an auto combo would come out instead, I was like ok thats not suppose to happen, took the control and did the super no problem, gave back to him and when he tried it agian, auto combo came out, we came to the realization that when he was going for the motion for the super he was clicking in the left stick. Auto combo is mapped to the L3 R3 buttons, turn them off and problem solved!

That was me. But that explanation doesn't work for me because my Hori FC3 Pro doesn't even have analogs. :lol

Which characters aren't heavily execution focused? Honda isn't in this game so I haven't picked it up, but it'd be nice to know.

I have crappy execution and I've been having fun with Paul. No odd stances, pretty easy motions and some easy ways to get damage. Walk speed is really slow, but I use Vega to get in so it usually works out ok.

Any Ibuki users here? It's embarrassing, but I'm having trouble with the first combo listed in Ibuki's strategy page.

cr.LP x2, st. MK, Neck Breaker.

For some reason I can't find the timing for st.MK into Neck Breaker. I can do st.MK into Neck Breaker just fine, but when it comes to link combos I just flat out fail.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any Ibuki users here? It's embarrassing, but I'm having trouble with the first combo listed in Ibuki's strategy page.

For some reason I can't find the timing for st.MK into Neck Breaker. I can do st.MK into Neck Breaker just fine, but when it comes to link combos I just flat out fail.

Just tried it myself. Yeah...no dice here either. Sorry. =/

Fuck my team. I'm adding Julia, and getting rid of Nina. Julia has to be one of the best Tekken characters in the game....She has a wake up, fuck that.

Ferrio

Banned

You're probably chaining from lp into MK. If you chain then you're not allowed to cancel into special moves.

AAK

I feel your pain, I'm trying to finish Juri's trials and she has st.LP,st.LK,cr.MK,qcb+K...etc. and I can NEVER manage to link her cr.MK into qcbK :(

EDIT:

You're probably chaining from lp into MK. If you chain then you're not allowed to cancel into special moves.

What?? Then how am I supposed to do Juri's trial 20 (posted above)?

Ferrio

Banned
I feel your pain, I'm trying to finish Juri's trials and she has st.LP,st.LK,cr.MK,qcb+K...etc. and I can NEVER manage to link her cr.MK into qcbK :(

What?? Then how am I supposed to do Juri's trial 20 (posted above)?

You're getting your terminology wrong. cr.MK into a qcbK isn't a link, it's a cancel.

Links are when you combo moves together using frame advantages.

If you just hit st.LK, cr.MK it will chain.. not link due to the chaining system. You must hit st.lk, wait until you recover then throw out a cr.MK then cancel into the qcbK.

You're getting your terminology wrong. cr.MK into a qcbK isn't a link, it's a cancel.

Links are when you combo moves together using frame advantages.

If you just hit st.LK, cr.MK it will chain.. not link due to the chaining system. You must hit st.lk, wait until you recover then throw out a cr.MK then cancel into the qcbK.

Ohhh! I get it now! Geez, it's kind of tricky, but I understand the difference now. Thanks!

Xevren

I think Ibuki is gonna be godlike, just going to have to have crazy execution due to all the jump cancel type stuff for her. I can't seem to get it going with any sort of consistency though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've only been up against one Rolento online, and the connection was bad so it disconnected. Kinda disappointed, I wanted to get some experience against him. Haha

Finally found my groove. After getting my booty opened up all day, I got a 6 game win streak going.

The guide lists all of jin's crouching kick attacks as high. I don't trust this guide when something that simple is overlooked.
i found this confusing at first too when i did tutorial mode. apparently "high" = can be blocked standing or crouching; "mid" = can only be blocked standing; "low" = can only be blocked low.

so overheads and jump-in attacks are called "mids" now.

Novid

Banned
i found this confusing at first too when i did tutorial mode. apparently "high" = can be blocked standing or crouching; "mid" = can only be blocked standing; "low" = can only be blocked low.

so overheads and jump-in attacks are called "mids" now.

thats weird since overhead/jump-in are all it the high frame and not mid.

chriskun

Just started playing this today. Liking it so far, been messing around with Kuma and Bison, but dear lord the online is horrible, how did they fuck this up so bad. Was street fighter this laggy when it first came out?

Teknoman

Yeah they mention it in the tutorial. I never noticed that much of a difference though.

Just started playing this today. Liking it so far, been messing around with Kuma and Bison, but dear lord the online is horrible, how did they fuck this up so bad. Was street fighter this laggy when it first came out?

No laggy fights for me, just sound drops. Maybe its just more people with the game and those people might have crappy connections?

goldensun

For those who are having trouble doing trials, you should really start plinking if you're not.

Ever since I got used to plinking in SFIV, it's made links so much easier. Really, just practice plinking, it makes all links so much easier. You'll start to plink everything naturally once you get it down.

If you don't know what plinking is, it stands for priority linking. Here's a video demonstrating it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaPAZ5TmDF0

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah they mention it in the tutorial. I never noticed that much of a difference though.

Id like to know if it changes the jump distance not just the height. If the distance changes then that can lead to some interesting crossup stuff.

Venfayth

thats weird since overhead/jump-in are all it the high frame and not mid.

Yeah, just in the guide the terminology is different. It explains at the beginning:

If an attack is listed as "high" - any form of blocking will work.
If an attack is listed as "crouchable high" - any form of blocking will work, AND crouching will cause the move to whiff.
If an attack is listed as "mid" - you must block standing.
If an attack is listed as "low" - you must block crouching.

Venfayth

Id like to know if it changes the jump distance not just the height. If the distance changes then that can lead to some interesting crossup stuff.

The big thing it adds is the ability to jump cancel. Xiaoyu can high jump cancel into any of her stanceless specials while in either of her stances by inputting an up or diagonal-up motion immediately after doing the stance-less special motion.

Say you are in rain dance (her back facing stance) - you can do down, downtowards, towards, uptowards+punch and it will do her fortune cookie special that you normally could only do while not in a stance.

Novid

Banned
Yeah some one released the patch files today to access all the DLC content on disc. This includes 14 DLC characters, over 250+ gems, all costumes (each character has 1+2), up to 5 gem equips, and more combo macros...

... holy... this is gonna get bad if true.

Blu10

Does anyone have any suggestions on Nina's trial #4... It's HCF>K>PP>PP>PP . I have no problem doing the first punch, but he keeps slipping out of my arm break, and shrugging it off.

SUPARSTARX

Does anyone have any suggestions on Nina's trial #4... It's HCF>K>PP>PP>PP . I have no problem doing the first punch, but he keeps slipping out of my arm break, and shrugging it off.

second PP, hit it after she backhands the dummy
last PP, hit it when you see Nina's face come up after she does the first arm break

Those are pretty much my visual and audio cues to perform it.

Close your eyes and do it. Trust me. Hit the buttons soon as you hear her hit the chin, then when she breaks the arm the screen when flash(you'll be able to tell regardless) and hit it again.

I have a hard time doing it with my eyes open haha, like 75% of the time i get it, but with my eyes closed 100% every single damn time, never fails.

Hey yo, I figure one of yall might be able to help me, but anybody mind linking that one picture where this guy has a junky ass room and playing on his arcade with his pants down or some shit. Trying to show my friend.

Blu10

second PP, hit it after she backhands the dummy
last PP, hit it when you see Nina's face come up after she does the first arm break

Those are pretty much my visual and audio cues to perform it.

Wow thank you... got it on the first time after your post...........and felt like an idiot

TGMIII

It's definitely true. I already have all the gems and costumes. I just haven't verified the DLC characters have been unlocked with the new file that was released today.

This is on "JTAG" versions right? Or do you mean that anyone can do this. Either way capcom need to do something fast.

Working with Steve -- he's pretty cool, but I really have to think about what I'm doing when I'm using him. Anyone have any tips on how to do his flicker crouch cancel (FCC)? Specifically the f.MP->LP one that Masrap was using last night on WNF. I can do it (though rather sporadically) from, say, c.HP into a chain combo or something, but I can't do it at all after the former.

Gonna toss this out one more time. :p

Top Bottom