• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Hi everyone, this is Ayano.

With Street Fighter X Tekken going on sale today in Japan, I suspect a lot of you out there are busy training up your skills! However, we are aware of the sound issues that occur when playing matches online.

The new netcode implemented in Street Fighter X Tekken allows for up to 4 players to have a smooth online experience, however depending on the connection stability between players, things like “spontaneous match rollback,” “voice effects cutting out,” and “sound effects cutting out” also are occurring. This netcode is written in a completely different way than the Street Fighter IV series netcode, and that is why these problems are occurring.

As Street Fighter X Tekken is a tag battle game, the amount of data that is exchanged between player connections is a lot more than the normal 1v1 battles of the Street Fighter IV series. In order to compensate for this and provide a smooth gameplay experience, the netcode was written the way it currently is. Unfortunately, this has also brought on the sound problems we are having now.

In order to completely fix all the sound issues, the smoothness of the online gameplay has to be traded off, so it is a very complicated and difficult balancing act. We would like everyone to know that the development team is currently looking at various ways to improve the sound issues.

We will have additional updates on this and other things soon, so please stay tuned. Thank you all for your understanding.

That’s it from me. Everyone please enjoy Street Fighter X Tekken.

See you all next blog!

Well shit....

MrDenny

Seth (or was it Sven?) had originally said all DLC options were being considered, including a season pass arrangement.

Given the popularity (and success? Are they working?) of the season pass concept, I wish they'd just get it over with and go that route.
That would be awesome if capcom decided to go down that route.
But I think capcom knows they can get more $$$ selling their dlc individually :(

TGMIII

Well shit....

Wow I fucking knew they were going to say something like that. Honestly the online is great right now, I don't give a shit if the sounds cut out just don't fuck up the online.

If they do fuck the online up I'm pretty much done with this game, MvC3/UMvC3 was pretty much unplayable online. I really think how it is now isnow is fully playable but I guess once the capcops go back to work on it it'll be a pile of shit again.

seriously? i haven't tried him because his appearance doesn't appeal to me at all (looks like a hobo version of guile), but terry is my fave kof character so if this is true i might give em a try.

SRK with kick literally does a power dunk.

Wow I fucking knew they were going to say something like that. Honestly the online is great right now, I don't give a shit if the sounds cut out just don't fuck up the online.

The online is incredibly fucked up without sound effects. It completely throws off my game, makes me think I'm missing links or not hitting people at all.

Novid

Banned

so, it seems like the sound is too high of a bitrate for the database to handle. didnt spring for them IBM's and they got cheap dells. also looks like they gonna have to figure a way to lessen the bitrate or go on a 5 frame delay like they do on BBCS - you cant change the bitrate once its on disk... looks like delay is almost a forgone conclusion

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chun-Li's crouching MP no longer requires hitstun to allow her to duck under hadoukens, even slow ones. c. MK will get hit.

Juri's c. MK also allows her to duck hadoukens. Oh, and her close MP really is 6f.

How did this get past testing anyway?

They must had promised a patch to Sony/MS with this crap to get past. They must have tested on public servers for a little right before Gold.

Unless they have some technical excuse written out to them why their sorry ass programmers can't get sound working online.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pretty fucking ridiculous that the game made it out with that sound issue intact. Even more ridiculous is that they sent it out apparently without a plan in place to fix it. The lack of foresight on display is blowing my mind.

And that's just that issue. The "pay to win" DLC strategy they have going on is pretty ridiculous in its own right.

Is this possibly more of an issue here in America where we have shitty internet? Do they simply not understand how much worse our internet is than Japan's?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So am I going to have to spend like 200 bucks to get all the functionality from this game? Way to bring back the fighting game genre and then find a way to kill it once again, Crapcom.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
and the sound thing doesn't even make sense. It doesn't take any bandwidth for the game to make a noise locally after it reads that the online opponent, or you, did a move where a sound effect should come out.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Those are the best kind of wins, when you prove them even in a set that they're ass and it was no fluke. I usually just rub it in with some retort and send a couple images their way of mortons salt, and u mad? The tears of my opponents are used for sustenance.

I agree with you however i still remain clueless as to what it is that i personally do that incurs all this damn rage. I wish i knew.

Ploid 3.0

I prepared for online pissing people off. Avoided the bullet, sticking to streams especially since online is the only way I'd be playing (little SP content).

Sallokin

I haven't been paying much attention to this release like I had in the past with SFIV and MvC3. I jumped in today finally and just got obliterated. I really don't have a handle on any of the systems or anything. I'm going to have to hunker down this weekend and really try to figure out what's going on.

Also, going in blind, I was really surprised at how differently the Tekken characters play from what I had imagined. I expected to jump in with Hwo and use the same moves and yeah... that didn't work so well lol.

I haven't been paying much attention to this release like I had in the past with SFIV and MvC3. I jumped in today finally and just got obliterated. I really don't have a handle on any of the systems or anything. I'm going to have to hunker down this weekend and really try to figure out what's going on.

Also, going in blind, I was really surprised at how differently the Tekken characters play from what I had imagined. I expected to jump in with Hwo and use the same moves and yeah... that didn't work so well lol.

It's pretty different and I still feel like I'm alternating between playing SF4 and MVC3 while playing this. I "push block" more than I care to admit!

and the sound thing doesn't even make sense. It doesn't take any bandwidth for the game to make a noise locally after it reads that the online opponent, or you, did a move where a sound effect should come out.

Of course it makes sense. Every time you do a move the updated model for the character and the sound to make are transmitted to the other console so it knows hot to draw the attack and what noise to make. How else could Capcom do it?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Of course it makes sense. Every time you do a move the updated model for the character and the sound to make are transmitted to the other console so it knows hot to draw the attack and what noise to make. How else could Capcom do it?
Just in case you're not joking: The only thing that has to be sent over the wire are what button inputs are pressed on what frames. Anything else is unnecessary because the rest can be handled by the local machine.

njean777

why dont they just hire american people to do the netcode? It seems the japanese have no clue how to do it. (not generalizing all of japan, but man this has happened in every capcom fighting game to date.)

AAK

This game is tricky. When I play an SF4 team (Akuma, Abel) I can hold my own, but when I have a Tekken character I completely freeze up. I played T5 for years (much longer than SF4) and I can't seem to make it natural in the context of this game.

Been playing Tekken all my life and I can attest they play NOTHING like what they do in Tekken.

Man... how DO you do Juri's trial 20??? I can only connect the next st.LP,st.HP after the qcbK near the end of the wall... but the super never connects after that. Am I not supposed to do it at the corner or am I just timing it wrong?

why dont they just hire american people to do the netcode? It seems the japanese have no clue how to do it. (not generalizing all of japan, but man this has happened in every capcom fighting game to date.)

Because when Americans do fighting game netcode, it end up worse than when Japanese do it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Outside of tagging out..i have no clue how to do any of the other things in the game...Im starting to think this is a good thing?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just read that dev blog....

bncS7.gif

Top Bottom