• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

hola! so i am an old fighting game fan but i havent kept up with all the new stuff, i now am more of a pc player so i see that this game is coming out for pc what would be a good fighting stick for pc use? also is this game noob friendly?

All modern 360/PS3 MadCatz sticks work on PC, as well as anything from Hori or EightArc.

NinjaJesus

All costumes
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

I cant even be mad about about them being on disc, having to pay, having to wait etc. A lot of these alts are just too awesome for me not to have. Now I want to play Ibuki just cause of her 2nd alt.

Was anyone able to save these and upload them somewhere? Or are they available somewhere else? I wasn't able to get a good look before the thread got taken down.

LakeEarth

I hate how Hugo's anti air can autocorrect two different ways in the corner:
- direction Hugo is facing
- direction Hugo is going

So you can be facing the wrong way but "sticking" to your opponent. You don't get the grab and they get the easy punish.

Was anyone able to save these and upload them somewhere? Or are they available somewhere else? I wasn't able to get a good look before the thread got taken down.

I only saved some of my favs

iJt0rrQycbfBg.png

ibxnhgkY0w6I24.png

ibdjBeBmxfa28h.png

ibjh1ubG7b2dHn.png

TNT is close to getting organized.

Magus1234 is becoming one of my favorite commentators. He has a good amount of knowledge of the games mixed in with some humor. You can tell he takes it seriously but not too much.

Probably a dumb question, but has anyone enjoyed the online in this game at least as much as SFIV? If its about the same, Ill just keep my copy once it arrives. Online will be my primary mode of play, so if it blows that hard I can't do anything with it.

Edit:

Sound issues aside, I'm playing 1-bar opponents with near offline timings on my inputs. It's. Fucking. Amazing.
Your post gives me hope.

mannerbot

TNT is close to getting organized.

Magus1234 is becoming one of my favorite commentators. He has a good amount of knowledge of the games mixed in with some humor. You can tell he takes it seriously but not too much.

Andry's definitely my favorite commentator, right up there with Yipes.

Besides the sound, I've had little to no lag in my matches. It's been great.

I just wish everyone would stop focusing on what we don't have YET, and focus on enjoying what we DO have.

Ecto311

Been thinking about getting this game and actually putting in some effort to learn it. How is the single player? I have been watching this thread some and seeing almost no talk about it. I'd like to get my feet wet with the single player then get online and hopefully by then its been patched up.

Also not sure if I should get it now or wait a bit since capcom games usually fall in price quickly.

Ploid 3.0

All costumes
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

I cant even be mad about about them being on disc, having to pay, having to wait etc. A lot of these alts are just too awesome for me not to have. Now I want to play Ibuki just cause of her 2nd alt.

My dream game. All characters unlocked, all gems available, all costumes available (unlockable in VF5 like quest mode, or by ranking up online), awesome awesome netcode. Maybe next gen after Capcom figure out giving people more reasons to buy the game is better than selling a vehicle to sell more crap to less people.

LowParry

My dream game. All characters unlocked, all gems available, all costumes available (unlockable in VF5 like quest mode, or by ranking up online), awesome awesome netcode. Maybe next gen after Capcom figure out giving people more reasons to buy the game is better than selling a vehicle to sell more crap to less people.

Reach for the staaaaaaarrrrrs.

If this was a game from last gen (or Wii exclusive) all those barring the online play would probably be true.

Moaradin

I'm glad I just rented it for now. I was planning to only buy the PC version once it's out, so hopefully this netcode shit is fixed.

I think the alts in general are quite good. Almost every character has at least one alt that I like (except maybe Dhalsim & Rufus) with lots of characters having two great ones.

Speedo Sagat is godly.

Problem with that is, even if all of that were true, you'd still have people bitching later on about how the game has grown stale or stagnant, and how Capcom isn't supporting it anymore.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Actually, the official explanation for the netcode problems is technically promising for the future. They've caved to sheer demand and are using rollback code in their 3D engine games now.

But, as was predicted for a long time, it seems the processing overhead for rollback can cause serious problems. My own notion for the sound glitches is that the audio engine is dying due to both lack of processing power and conflicts with choppy rollbacks.

On next gen hardware there should be way more CPU overhead and ram to settle these kinds of issues.

I'm not one for paying for costumes but I do some off these alts are actually creative and detailed enough to be put up for sale, unlike their SSF4 counterparts.

Shame I'm still not buying the game, at least new, but what I've been seeing on streams is really fun and it looks like if you can look past the mountain of issues, there is a good game there.

zulfate

hola! so i am an old fighting game fan but i havent kept up with all the new stuff, i now am more of a pc player so i see that this game is coming out for pc what would be a good fighting stick for pc use? also is this game noob friendly?

anyone?

Ploid 3.0

I'm glad I just rented it for now. I was planning to only buy the PC version once it's out, so hopefully this netcode shit is fixed.

I think I'm still on for the PC version but when it drops down in price.

About the alts, they look fun and I love the cosplay of opposite company's characters (capcom / namco).

My favorite Tekken character from back in the day.
734e65fb9d5fc327a84b5c5b98bde9b1a4fe7b6a.jpg

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Question: what is this I hear about the Japanese edition of the game coming with the western pre-order gems as standard?

Or is that in a Japanese special edition?

Just struck me as funny, if the so-called "better" gems are actually considered standard content there...

Yes, it comes with the standard edition. I picked it up yesterday. DLC and special editions don't really take off here in Japan, so we get a much more lenient situation regarding that stuff. (another example being FF13-2's Omega retailer dlc being given away for free on PSN a week later). It's nice knowing we're all on an even playing field over here.

Eh, much of it would be locked away behind some idiotic grind requirement, like MvC2, Brawl, or Soul Calibur.
Gotta add that replayability somehow!

I say this while I have Soul Calibur 5 running in the background for the last few hours with a turbo button automatically mashing B with Mitsurugi on an E5 opponent in Quick Battle to grind levels to get items in CaS. :(

Ploid 3.0

Yes, it comes with the standard edition. I picked it up yesterday. DLC and special editions don't really take off here in Japan, so we get a much more lenient situation regarding that stuff. (another example being FF13-2's Omega retailer dlc being given away for free on PSN a week later). It's nice knowing we're all on an even playing field over here.

Darn you America!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm not one for paying for costumes but I do some off these alts are actually creative and detailed enough to be put up for sale, unlike their SSF4 counterparts.

Shame I'm still not buying the game, at least new, but what I've been seeing on streams is really fun and it looks like if you can look past the mountain of issues, there is a good game there.

My own impression so far is that the game under the hood really could be their best game since the classic era. For people who don't like such things, there's no focus attacks, parries, or really any "gimmicks" besides pure, core Street Fighter except with a tag system thrown in. And the tag system seems to reward skilled play and punish scrub play.

Unlike a Vs game, I don't think you can argue that there's "mindless" touch of death combos or super duper three hyper combo DHC chains that go on forever. Based on the early pro play, it looks like the game requires real skill to achieve big combos and tag juggle sequences. The boost chain system is just there to ease people in, but underneath it is a formidable game.

Ironically for all the cynicism and bitchin' that hounded it every step of the way, IMO it actually DOES achieve the goal of welcoming newcomers as gently as possible without neutering hardcore play.

Not going to comment cynically on the gems yet, as it's just too early for a lot of the negativity over the so-called "overpowered" gems because there's not even a damn metagame for the game yet. Nobody knows how to really use the gems. It's funny how people in the FGC gripe about noobs crying everything is overpowered within 15 minutes of playing the game, but everybody is bitching that X gem is GDLK and makes the game trash without even having seen the gem in action. (Or even played the game yet.)

Ha ha... ha. It's funny... from a certain perspective this could make it seem as if the so-called "pay 2 win" gems were not meant to be pay to win, but a standard part of the starting gem set. And they were made pre-order bonuses in the US since the US is more exploitable.

Whether or not that is literally true, it does throw things into a different light to me.

So many great alts. I hope they offer an all in one pack. I hate buying pack by pack. Kinda strange the game is launched yet no word on any kinda DLC including the free color packs. I really do feel this game was a bit rushed(sound bug/no local online for the 360, no day one patch, no news of dlc pricing of any sort etc. I have patience cause I really do love the game I hope they can sort everything out soon enough. This game is too good for this.

Top Bottom