• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Chavelo

Because when Americans do fighting game netcode, it end up worse than when Japanese do it.

First and only "well-known" American FG = MK9
"it ended up worse than when Japanese do it."

Japanese have released multiple popular games with shitty netcode

:lol

Ploid 3.0

First and only "well-known" American FG = MK9

Japanese have released multiple popular games with shitty netcode

:lol

Japan is just better at games dude. (sarcasm)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have a copy of this game for both consoles now... and pretty much exclusively play online...
PD6Hd.gif

Dev blog revelations might actually be a legit reason to pass on this and wait for another disk release if you play online a lot. I know they said we won't get one, but eh...its capcom.

LakeEarth

That's because they turned him into Terry Bogard.

Paul feels like a mis-mash of a bunch of Street Fighter characters
- Ryu links
- Yun's lunch punches
- Yang roll under fireball move
- Dudley back swing blow
- Oni's jump up overhead attack
- Yun's upkicks
- Dan fierce and roundhouse normals... eww

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I use sounds as cues in all my fighting games. This is pretty much the worst news ever.
Consider it practice for irl tournaments.

I need to get me one of those headset/amp things that Champ/Fubar were using. Tired of getting blown up by Hidden Missiles when they're actually audibly hidden, lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Chun-Li does get additional frame advantage for continuing legs, but not much, after additional HK I can only get a 4f cr. jab in.

I need to get me one of those headset/amp things that Champ/Fubar were using. Tired of getting blown up by Hidden Missiles when they're actually audibly hidden, lol.
Though I have to wonder, since Champ's box goes into the optical port of the ps3, what happens when you have two people who want to do it?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The other example being GGPO, which 3SOE showed can be plenty bad too.

But then again, SFxT has a PC release.
3SO is not a fair representation of GGPO.

Horrible matchmaking, and you can't adjust the delay settings without backing out to the main menu, making it a pain in the ass to figure out how to optimize it per connection since optimal settings really do vary a lot depending on ping. And I really wouldn't be surprised if console warriors were terrible with configuring their routers correctly on average, which can fuck things up no matter how good the netcode actually is.

Though I have to wonder, since Champ's box goes into the optical port of the ps3, what happens when you have two people who want to do it?
Good question, but it's probably nothing that a powered splitter couldn't solve.

Also, you were in the Tetris shirt on Saturday, right? Why the heck didn't you come up and say something when you were watching my stream matches. Didn't notice you were standing there until I reviewed the archive, lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Also, you were in the Tetris shirt on Saturday, right? Why the heck didn't you come up and say something when you were watching my stream matches. Didn't notice you were standing there until I reviewed the archive, lol.
Uh... Sorry, I didn't notice at the time either.

It must have been for Marvel and even though I had just taken a nap I was still tired as hell then.

MrDaravon

Super glad I rented this now. I'll give online a couple more shots but so far every match I've ever had in Ranked is super laggy, and Endless mode seems to be better but the types of matches I get are all over the place. Unless I start getting way smoother matches the thing is going back. Super disappointing, I can't believe the game shipped like this.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So is there anyone that doesn't have sound issues for basically every online match they play, or is this issue not as widespread as it seems? 'cause it seems like this is affecting just about everyone.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
3SO is not a fair representation of GGPO.

Horrible matchmaking, and you can't adjust the delay settings without backing out to the main menu, making it a pain in the ass to figure out how to optimize it per connection since optimal settings really do vary a lot depending on ping. And I really wouldn't be surprised if console warriors were terrible with configuring their routers correctly on average, which can fuck things up no matter how good the netcode actually is.

Aside from the ranked region filtering / delay settings awkwardness in 3SO, that is why I got sad whenever everyone shat on the netcode. We have a well configured router here, clean as a whistle. Whenever I'd play against someone who I knew, and knew they also had their shit set up correctly, it was beautiful. Practically flawless most of the time.

But playing randoms was catastrophic. Perhaps 3SO's implementation had some under the hood settings that were more vulnerable to bad NAT and packet loss, compared to BlazeBlue. But yes, randoms gave the impression that their net connection was spitting packets out left and right and laughing at the idea of an open pipe.

As for netcode/sound glitches in this game, I honestly can't see how it won't get patched. The sound stuff is as broken as characters flickering in and out during gameplay.

kewlmyc

If they do announce a new one, I'll most likely be done with Capcom's fighting games. Unless they have some sort of trade in deal at Gamestop where I can trade in the old disk and get the new game for $15 or something.

GorillaJu

I've had no sound issues (PS3) but I'm in Japan, so perhaps the networking infrastructure here is saving me from these issues. Most matches feel like arcade versus battles. It's the best online I've ever played in a fighting game.

I've had no sound issues (PS3) but I'm in Japan, so perhaps the networking infrastructure here is saving me from these issues. Most matches feel like arcade versus battles. It's the best online I've ever played in a fighting game.

As expected.

My kingdom for widespread fiOS in America.

jett

D-Member
3rd Strike Online works pretty well these days. Quick matchmaking on ranked matches, and it's almost always very playable.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
A shame, SSIV runs like a dream for me online. Actually amazed in the dozens of matches I played last week. Hopefully things get worked out.

I'm just as pissed at the lack of Gallery mode though. Pretty much neutered my interest in checking out the endings. At least in the game itself and not on youtube. :/

SupaNaab

I can say from experience, you should always play with headphones or the volume off. At my very first tournament ever, my first match in person against a complete stranger ever was on stream. There was a large crowd behind me and I heard every single word they said about how I or my opponent played. Every single whiff was followed by ramblings and every single punish was followed by louder ramblings. The worst part was hearing the commentators who sit behind the screens. The crowd is like one giant hive mind, but the commentators can be heard outlining and critiquing every possible movement in much finer detail (especially hearing them describe your own state of mind can be distracting). Almost all of the sounds you hear from the game are delayed or inaudible (because the crowd experience the gameplay with a delay due to non-gaming projectors and their speakers are considerably louder than the stream stations). The remainder of my matches were played at side stations where you actually could hear the game though. Since this experience I always wear headphones when I play. I was too interested in taking in the experience on stream than actually being focused on my game.

With the FCC, What I try to do is do a standing attack, Press 3K, hold back down cause it will cancel the flicker stance by itself then try to link the second attack.

So like S.HP FCC C.MP etc

With the Forward MP, LP, just hold back down and it should FCC by itself

Edit: Fuck everything I said and just check out this thread : How to Flicker Cancel

Whoa, works like a charm! Much thanks sir o/

Novid

Banned
Pretty fucking ridiculous that the game made it out with that sound issue intact. Even more ridiculous is that they sent it out apparently without a plan in place to fix it. The lack of foresight on display is blowing my mind.

And that's just that issue. The "pay to win" DLC strategy they have going on is pretty ridiculous in its own right.

Is this possibly more of an issue here in America where we have shitty internet? Do they simply not understand how much worse our internet is than Japan's?

thats the biggest oversight in the history of media right now. its isnt just Capcom that dont get how bad our connections are (and no possible way to fix it because the land mass is just too damn large which means the telacoms have become too large for their own good) its the rest of Hollywood, NetFlix, Redbox, Crunchyroll, Hulu to some level that dont get it as well.

All costumes
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

I cant even be mad about about them being on disc, having to pay, having to wait etc. A lot of these alts are just too awesome for me not to have. Now I want to play Ibuki just cause of her 2nd alt.
That Terminator version of Abel with his skin all torn up and his Seth clone interior being revealed is nice.

That Heihachi costume for Akuma... so bad...

Dunno why they changed Bryan's hair for his Urien outfit, his regular hair looks more appropriate for it.

This always seems to be the damn issue. Why can't Japanese developers realize that the rest of the damn world doesn't have their internet. How the hell this stuff isn't tested in north America way before release is baffling.

All costumes
http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/08/street-fighter-x-tekken-complete-costume-gallery/

I cant even be mad about about them being on disc, having to pay, having to wait etc. A lot of these alts are just too awesome for me not to have. Now I want to play Ibuki just cause of her 2nd alt.

What would be the easiest way of saving all these files to my computer? Would love a zip files with them all to drool over until we have access.

zulfate

hola! so i am an old fighting game fan but i havent kept up with all the new stuff, i now am more of a pc player so i see that this game is coming out for pc what would be a good fighting stick for pc use? also is this game noob friendly?

Chun-Li does get additional frame advantage for continuing legs, but not much, after additional HK I can only get a 4f cr. jab in.

Do you know what Champ uses by chance? When he plugs it in the optical, the PS3 is still sending the audo to the TV? So it is splitting the audio for his headphones?

Novid

Banned
This always seems to be the damn issue. Why can't Japanese developers realize that the rest of the damn world doesn't have their internet. How the hell this stuff isn't tested in north America way before release is baffling.

State of IT today folks. The talent is there but the will is so weak.

LProtag

Man, I really hope they can do something about the sound. There's basically no one for me to play local with around here.

GorillaJu

State of IT today folks. The talent is there but the will is so weak.

I don't know a thing about how the networking code works but I do buy their explanation, at least to a point.

I've never played MK9 but is it smoother than SFxT in 4-player mode?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Question: what is this I hear about the Japanese edition of the game coming with the western pre-order gems as standard?

Or is that in a Japanese special edition?

Just struck me as funny, if the so-called "better" gems are actually considered standard content there...

Novid

Banned
I don't know a thing about how the networking code works but I do buy their explanation, at least to a point.

I've never played MK9 but is it smoother than SFxT in 4-player mode?

In SSF4 its a hard set - meaning that lag plays a factor. in the early days i Played with Japanese players on ranked and had very small lag but the connection was too long for it to be playable.

In this game like GGPO (I call this game and 3SO GGPO Lite because if it was real GGPO there issues would have been fixed) Lag doesnt play a factor - there arbrtation and handshaking - which means it depends how good your speed and ping is. if both are good you got a good connection.

The Japanese have no sound issues because of there fiberlines. and since they keep testing under Japanese fiberlines there is no telling how bad the connection would be in the US side.

If somebody actually used GGPO Lite for the US side they would have known the first thing is that you must cut the bitrate down for music for thats the first one to be hurt. the second is the frames of the game. it got to go down to 5 frames or more.

Top Bottom