• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Mr Jared

ROFL FGC pros blowing up jaredr on twitter. During the IGN invitational, there was a secret SF4 tournament going on at the same venue. So while all the pros were competing or watching the SFxT tournament, Jaredr won a free laptop

Haha.. The funny thing about this? It was happening, quite literally, about 3 feet from where everyone was standing. Justin knew and gave me a high-five for winning :3 The laptop will go towards a TwitchTV giveaway sometime in the near future, just like all the other swag that gets piled up on my desk. I asked David Ting if that was cool because I realized it's kind of weird. He thinks that's great. Good Guy David Ting is real!

I'm glad for Art and MLG. I hope this means the end of his eSports trolling. It's kind of gotten out of hand ;o

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Just so you know Timedog, you're fighting like 5 separate people, lol. I'm the Poison/Hwo that lost the first game :p

LOL, good shit. My poison blows but that's the only character I've done trials/training with besides Ryu. Once I actually try out the entire cast (which will take weeks or months), I'll be the best on GAF. Right now with Poison I'm probably only like 2nd or 3rd best on GAF.

edit: what happened with Art?

Mr Jared

I, on the other hand, hope he dials it up to 11. On MLG's dime no less.

All in good fun, of course.

It's a huge opportunity for everyone involved. Not just for Art and MLG, but for the people he's bringing in as well, and there's a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. Not just the obvious of seeing if fighting games can fly in the world of eSports, but also to the respective communities their being tasked to represent. Games like MK, SC5 and KOF don't get their share of the limelight so could be a really huge boon for those players. And at the end of the day, I just want everything to go off smoothly so those players will have a place to compete that isn't the non-Capcom games corner you see at most majors.

I don't mean for this to cast any doubt or to be like, "You better not fuck this up, Art!" This is just how I see it.. a super huge opportunity that could mean really awesome stuff for the future.. so don't fuck it up, Art! ;D

Also, TwitchTV doesn't have much to do with Columbus. We'll be there but they're streaming their Pro Circuit events by themselves. We do, however, get the Online Arena's which I hope will soon include fighting games.

Imm0rt4l

Played the Tutorial yesterday,
DID ONO TROLLED US OR SOMETHING, OR DID HE TEASE SOMETHING ?

Dan says during one of his speeches: ARE YOU OK?? BUSTA............ ,,
Is my dream coming true ??? Is he teasing a recollaboration with SNK ?
Capcom vs SNK 2 HD would be great
Capcom vs SNK 3 would be god like

BELIEVE

Pretty fitting for Dan to make a reference if anyone.

I6app.png

alstein

It's a huge opportunity for everyone involved. Not just for Art and MLG, but for the people he's bringing in as well, and there's a lot of responsibility on their shoulders. Not just the obvious of seeing if fighting games can fly in the world of eSports, but also to the respective communities their being tasked to represent. Games like MK, SC5 and KOF don't get their share of the limelight so could be a really huge boon for those players. And at the end of the day, I just want everything to go off smoothly so those players will have a place to compete that isn't the non-Capcom games corner you see at most majors.

I don't mean for this to cast any doubt or to be like, "You better not fuck this up, Art!" This is just how I see it.. a super huge opportunity that could mean really awesome stuff for the future.. so don't fuck it up, Art! ;D

Also, TwitchTV doesn't have much to do with Columbus. We'll be there but they're streaming their Pro Circuit events by themselves. We do, however, get the Online Arena's which I hope will soon include fighting games.

I'm all for esports supplementing the community. I think the problem is folks think it will replace the entire community, which it can't.

The way I'd want to see it:

Evo and the other majors would be WSOP-like open entry events, and the most prestigious.

ESports would be "high rollers" events, smaller fields, maybe with qualifiers, designed more for stream watching. I mean, who would you rather watch play- two average players or two great players? There's an appeal in watching a no-hoper like myself try to tackle a great player, but not for several hours.

Local tournies will stay local tournies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just bodied TTC Noah on live. Felt so good to michael on the little guy. My Ryu slapped the taste out of his 8 year old mouth.

Also, I think it's kinda pointless for Ryu to ever tag in his partner in the middle of a combo or use more than one meter in a combo.

I love Abel's expanded personality in this game. His rival scene is amazing.

This. I think a good deal of the cutscenes are a little stale, but at least they're there and the banter in text is pretty much great all around when it's directed at someone. Abel/Guile along with Rolento/Ibuki were my favorite team stories.

hertog

I really love Guile in this game, he's a defensive fort once again.
His cr. HP is an amazing anti-air and his flash kicks have been restored to greatness.

And his Alpha counter is very easy to connect, as is his launcher combo.

I'm pairing him up wiht King, Guile doesn't need a lot of meter, so I can switch King in for the knee knee knee Musclebustah!

But as much as I love King, I'm having so much trouble with him when I'm more than half a screen away from my opponent. And if they got a projectile forget about is. His jaguar step + follow-up is way too slow. And his normals are all pretty slow too, so I keep getting out poked by everyone not named Hugo.
Anyone has any tips for King when you don't have meter for ex-convict kick?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Fuck..Lei was my main in Tekken. Was wondering where he was. Is he a dlc char to be released a year later? Sigh.

His team intro with JACK-X is pretty badass.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8kCEd5csF4#t=24s

Bryan so looks like Roy Batty from Blade Runner.

Has anyone noticed/pointed out the weirdness in the guides first few pages? There's pics from STREET FIGHTER 4! You see Ryu and Chun in Chun's level. Then on the other page is that level, Ryu being hit by Kazuya's leg! Then a few pages after that Ryu and Kaz fighting on the volcano level. Why the hell is Kazuya in SF4 and they're using those images in the guide? Maybe the guide intro layout was done ages ago when they had no levels (cept for Urban Warzone) and recycled the bgs from SF4? Capcpom never fails to boggle at all levels.

Really like SFxT so far. I won't be playing the online anytime soon again until it gets patched. Played 3 matches tonight online for the first time and the sound/lag was horrible. For a few seconds I thought my Xbox froze because it was stuck on the number 2 for a good 10 seconds during the start of one match. Otherwise awesome game solo or with friends.

hertog

Hugo is really scary to play against if you don't have a projectile.

If you don't jump, you'll get grabbed. If you jump, you'll get grabbed :(

Tizoc

I wonder why tutorial didn't mention that and switch during combo because it would help me better but thanks!

Dan actually does bring it up; in the Switch tutorial section he mentions something about how 'scrubs' know of a way to continue your combo via switching or some such.

Sblargh

Banned
So, you can cheat a little bit on Heihaki's last trial. You can do J.HJ, Cr.MP, target combo, qcf.lp, then pause, take your breath, think about life, unpause and do the rest.

Played the Tutorial yesterday,
DID ONO TROLLED US OR SOMETHING, OR DID HE TEASE SOMETHING ?

Dan says during one of his speeches: ARE YOU OK?? BUSTA............ ,,
Is my dream coming true ??? Is he teasing a recollaboration with SNK ?
Capcom vs SNK 2 HD would be great
Capcom vs SNK 3 would be god like

BELIEVE

That would be amazing. CVS2 is the best fighting game ever made.

Atruvius

HELP!

I don't know how to do moves that have white arrows (charge?), like, Guile's sonic boom or Chun Li's kick move that has a white arrow pointing down.

Tizoc

HELP!

I don't know how to do moves that have white arrows (charge?), like, Guile's sonic boom or Chun Li's kick move that has a white arrow pointing down.

Ummm...Hold the direction for at least 2 seconds then press the next direction+button.

If you don't mind me asking, is this your first time playing a 2D or SF game?

GorillaJu

Someone needs to make software to help you practice links. Basically a metronome that you can enter in the frame data and it clicks on the timing to make the rhythm for you.

I wish I could do it myself.

Atruvius

Ummm...Hold the direction for at least 2 seconds then press the next direction+button.

If you don't mind me asking, is this your first time playing a 2D or SF game?
Thanks! Pretty much yes, though, I have Mortal Kombat 9 but I am really bad at that too. :D

GorillaJu

So a move has 6 frame start up, 3 active frames and 12 recovery frames, does this mean that the total amount of frames this move uses is 21 frames? Or is it 6+12=18, or is it 6+12-3=15?

I so confuse

Top Bottom