• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
xW8yl.png

EEEESPORTS!!!!!!

I'm actually glad he's going to be doing this. Art you better put in work son!!! Make sure MLG does it right.

So didn't enjoy watching the matches at all?

I enjoyed the matches themselves, but I thought you were standing up for Esports and their production (specifically this event)?

Their commentating wasn't great at all. They said they wanted to keep it noob friendly and yet they didn't go over a ton of things that could help a newcomer understand what is going on. They were just very boring in general.

Ultrachen are very pg and yet they communicate all those things well and sound exciting.

LakeEarth

I just caught the last ten minutes of this, Justin had some nice combos there with Rufus, and he feels Rufus is too strong too? Haven't seen anyone else realizing this though.
I ran into one guy on XBL realizes what Rufus can do. Holy shit. He has a dive kick, great normals, d.fp (never have to worry about whiffing a chain into launcher), invincible EX get off me move, juggles like a mother fucker. So you'd think he wouldn't hit like a damn truck on top of it.

Novid

Banned
Sony should just make the cats the mascot and be done with it. fucking google used a fucking robot. apple made theirs clear. the fucking cats saved this game. saved this game.

Art and Min went full #eSports

props! sounds like a good opportunity. Rather have them on the mic than, say, the worst commentating in history, like we just watched.

I enjoyed the matches themselves, but I thought you were standing up for Esports and their production (specifically this event)?

If you enjoyed the matches, and the production allowed you to do that, I wouldn't call it terrible. Room for improvement? Sure.

I've seen plenty of non "esports" productions ruined by offensive commentary. I do acknowledge that there is a community that enjoys this approach, but want to say I personally prefer the understated "esports" method.

Novid

Banned
If you enjoyed the matches, and the production allowed you to do that, I wouldn't call it terrible. Room for improvement? Sure.

I've seen plenty of non "esports" productions ruined by offensive commentary. I do acknowledge that there is a community that enjoys this approach, but want to say I personally prefer the understated "esports" method.

I agree with you on princible - the excution so far is lacking from the consept.

Apparently they tried to get spooky but he said no because of too many conflicts with other FGC events.

Spooky, my hero. Don't leave us for big Capitol City. Remember what happened to Homer.

haha.

But yea, Spooky does most the of the majors. That would be awkward if he was doing all the MLG shit.

But MLG doesn't have the Capcom stuff? IPL does, right? IPL didn't reach out to them?

Chavelo

xW8yl.png

EEEESPORTS!!!!!!

I'm actually glad he's going to be doing this. Art you better put in work son!!! Make sure MLG does it right.

This is how you do it. Cherry pick that shit, blow up the scene but keep it close to the community. Props to Art and Min (and respek knuckles to Spooky for keeping it in the community). Team Spooky going in on both eSports and the poverty streams. Good shit.

The stream today was great from a sponsorship and match standpoint. Get the best from the FGC to commentate, get businesses like Brokentier, Madcatz, and Creative to do commercials mixed with their usual MLG fare, and work together with the Capcom Fighting Game Community/SRK Illuminati for events.

Really excited about this.

Dartastic

Oh man. That was godlike. Was playing against two others online, and one tried to switch in the middle of a string, but I had a feeling he was going to do it so I raw supered. Caught the guy tagging out, KO, I win. GODLIKE.

Anth0ny

The stream today was great from a sponsorship and match standpoint. Get the best from the FGC to commentate, get businesses like Brokentier, Madcatz, and Creative to do commercials mixed with their usual MLG fare, and work together with the Capcom Fighting Game Community/SRK Illuminati for events.

Exactly. It's a good start, with a few tweaks it'll be damn near perfect. Start by getting Ultra David and James Chen in there. I think we all agree that commentary was the biggest problem today. That wasn't even sports level commentary. It was golf level.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
ROFL FGC pros blowing up jaredr on twitter. During the IGN invitational, there was a secret SF4 tournament going on at the same venue. So while all the pros were competing or watching the SFxT tournament, Jaredr won a free laptop

S6LdP.jpg

I bet the idea for the 5 slots is that because it's a new mechanic they want people to play around with it before they open up the last two slots with the update in the fall. I'm still pissed I can't use these characters right now. I want Megaman and Jack so bad.

This is how you do it. Cherry pick that shit, blow up the scene but keep it close to the community. Props to Art and Min (and respek knuckles to Spooky for keeping it in the community). Team Spooky going in on both eSports and the poverty streams. Good shit.

MLG always gets people from the community. For Tekken, they got Filthie Rich to direct the Tekken stream, they got Rip and Seb to commentate, and they had some other community members write articles covering Tekken. They also had some mlg staff members go to Tekken forums to gather information on how they could improve the stream.

Not surprised they got Art/Min to do the same.

The thing that sucks is that NCR is going on at the same time as MLG. But, there are so many majors happening for the fgc that MLG will schedule an event at the same time as a fgc event. It would be impossible not to.

Sayah

I suck at this game so badly. I want to understand the mechanics but can't really see where the depth is supposed to be. I know there's depth but I don't know how it works. Damn. :/

Top Bottom