• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Besides the mundane constant rekkas from Rolento he is really damn fun with his movement. Might need to pick him up but I use to suck with him back in the alpha days.

Degen

I can't believe I ever tried not using Hugo in every single Ranked match. Everyone should at least have a Hugo team on the side.

Imm0rt4l

I want to see CrossCounter Asia play some sfxt.

Besides the mundane constant rekkas from Rolento he is really damn fun with his movement. Might need to pick him up but I use to suck with him back in the alpha days.

Yea, I originally wanted to main him, but he's really easy to use. I'm still playing him here and there though.

I can't believe I ever tried not using Hugo in every single Ranked match. Everyone should at least have a Hugo team on the side.

The amount of damage the big boy can do on a single hit confirm is obscene. You really don't need anyone else. He's also extremely mobile. His charge lariat is probably the scariest thing in the game.

abel's victory quote vs paul is amazing

I love his expression on the victory quote screen, everything about him in this game is great.

Even though I'm regularly getting kicked from lobbies for winning with my secondary team I'm still too scared to go into ranked with them because they don't have Hugo's stupidly easy damage.

Decided to rent this game to see what all the hype was (wasnt a fan of SF4 and generally gravitate to Vs. style games) and I'm ... pleasantly surprised. Links don't seem to be AS difficult in this game and the fact that I can link into a chain style combo as a means to hitconfirm I thought was a really neat addition to this combo system.

Just playing with Yoshimitsu/Raven at the moment, and finished their trials last night, I thought they'd be a lot more technical than they actually ended up in terms of the execution department. I'm still VERY surprised that Capcom hasnt figured out a way to have a preview for the combo that you're supposed to be doing in trial mode. Its almost become standard for any other fighting game that isn't made by Capcom. As such the only trial that really had my head scratching with Raven was the one that involved a special charge dash cancel just because its NOT obvious by the way the combo is written. From a purely execution and not confusion point of view the only combo that I really had to like TRY with was Raven's 20th trial, had to relearn plinking to get the cr.LP to cr.HP link and the subsequent cr.MK juggle is pretty tight. Still a sick looking combo.

hertog

I won't say Sagat is SF4 tier again but he's back to being really dominant.

like, really really really dominant

Tiger Knee and Uppercut really mess up my play. I hate shoto scrubs who keep throwing this shit out, and with the sound issues it's so hard to punish that tiger knee.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm finding most characters only have the last trial being really diffcult. So, I usually spend like 30 minutes to get to trial 20 and then god knows how much to do the last one.

Jenga

Banned
some abel thoughts

zangief is still one of his worst matchups, but it isn't AS bad. 6-4 with a slight edge to 7-3

julia completely fucks with abel's style, she might also be a truly terrible matchup for him

So I am calling on Neo Gaf to help me out here.

I want to try this game out and am planning on buying it. Only question is which version. It wouldn't be that big of an issue if I didn't already have an amazing arcade fighting stick for my 360.

Is this game worth being serious about and making sure I can use an arcade stick with it or is it just as fun without?

I guess the extra characters are tempting me on the ps3 side of things as well.

Thoughts?

rac

Banned

I want to try this game out and am planning on buying it. Only question is which version. It wouldn't be that big of an issue if I didn't already have an amazing arcade fighting stick for my 360.

Is this game worth being serious about and making sure I can use an arcade stick with it or is it just as fun without?

Thoughts?
If you have another person to do local co-op online get the ps3 version. 2v2 is so great.

Sblargh

Banned

Thoughts?

Extra characters are garbage. Don't let them factor.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Damn the people playing this game online are pretty hardcore.

Played 28 live matches with 40% win rate, encountering people who would just land 10 hit combo after 10 hit combo on me. My longest combo was 6 hits.

I think I'll back out so SP and training until I learn to play the game.

You can play against me. I'm really bad. I need more experience too.

PSN up soon.

LakeEarth

The 2v2 thing sucks for me. My friend and I get drunk and take turns owning fools online all the time. It would've been awesome to be playing at the same time. Shame he only has a 360.

Extra characters are garbage. Don't let them factor.

Cole disagrees, hes stupid amounts of fun.

I dont think anyone can argue that the PS3 version of SFxT isnt just the definitive version of the game. Even if you dislike the extra characters the exclusion of Offline co-op online in the 360 version is just really ... really stupid. Unless all of your friends have the game on 360 I see no reason not to pick up the game on PS3.

Edit : And unless you have a third party controller, the 360 controller is just garbage for fighting games.

Cole disagrees, hes stupid amounts of fun.

I dont think anyone can argue that the PS3 version of SFxT isnt just the definitive version of the game. Even if you dislike the extra characters the exclusion of Offline co-op online in the 360 version is just really ... really stupid. Unless all of your friends have the game on 360 I see no reason not to pick up the game on PS3.

Edit : And unless you have a third party controller, the 360 controller is just garbage for fighting games.

Main factor for me of getting the 360 version is the fact that I own a tournament fight stick for 360. So that is a big part of the dilemma.

the only thing that makes me sad is that he doesn't really feel like that much of an spd character anymore, at least imo, but that may just be due to the overall mechanics of the game.

cidhighwind89 said:
Main factor for me of getting the 360 version is the fact that I own a tournament fight stick for 360. So that is a big part of the dilemma.
could always buy a converter.

Chittagong

Gold Member
What's the best way to learn this game? It seems strikingly more complex than SFIV, with special techniques, correct counters and timing playing a huge role, none of which I currently master.

SP seems too easy for learning, so should I just repeat MP until I get my ass handed to me less out of instinct?

What's the best way to learn this game? It seems strikingly more complex than SFIV, with special techniques, correct counters and timing playing a huge role, none of which I currently master.

SP seems too easy for learning, so should I just repeat MP until I get my ass handed to me less out of instinct?
watch videos online. the cpu doesn't really play like a human, so while you may find certain things working against them, they may not work against a real opponenent. maximillian has good videos. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC63BA354E9F9CCC4&feature=plcp

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Was I supposed to get a cross arts pack in the e-mail from my amazon special ediiton pre-order bonus?

I haven't picked up my shipment from the house yet.

the only thing that makes me sad is that he doesn't really feel like that much of an spd character anymore, at least imo, but that may just be due to the overall mechanics of the game.

could always buy a converter.

Where can I buy the converter because my friend has the game on ps3 and I don't want to spend money on a ps3 stick. I'm might get sfxt on ps3 later though.

deim0s

Well this is what I did and its working super well:

Started the metronome at an arbitrary bpm, and hit the button to that rhythm. Then I just decreased or increased the speed of the metronome until I was getting like a 90% success rate. Doesn't require frame counting but it's not going to be "precise."

Still, I turned off the metronome but the beat is still in my head and I'm getting 8/10 or so success rate with Lili's MP MP link, which appears to be right about 245bpm (doubled to help, actual BPM for the button presses would be half that).

I'm going to just do this for every link I have trouble with and learn them this way. It seems to work wonders for me.

This is a neat idea. Will dig up my metronome.

Jenga

Banned
my top five for this game a week in (in no particular order):

juri
cammy
ryu
rolento
kazuya

possible breakouts: jin, ken

i think the list is self-explanatory. dominated by SF simply because most of the tekken chars aren't exactly figured out yet

kazuya is fuckin scary tho

SUPARSTARX

I like using cosmic elevator for training. There's good beats to go with linking rhythm.

If you're new, I would suggest starting off by learning some moves, do a few trials, try to use more normal moves against people or CPU to learn ranges and stuff. Don't sweat it if you cannot complete all of them.

Jumping in is so much more rewarding in this game but I would suggest laying off using it as a means of traveling across the stage. It's easy to pick out players like that.

my top five for this game a week in (in no particular order):

juri
cammy
ryu
rolento
kazuya

possible breakouts: jin, ken

i think the list is self-explanatory. dominated by SF simply because most of the tekken chars aren't exactly figured out yet

kazuya is fuckin scary tho

Your top ten that doesn't equal ten..

Nice?

Edit: Nice stealth edit!!!

Nose Master

LOL, good shit. My poison blows but that's the only character I've done trials/training with besides Ryu. Once I actually try out the entire cast (which will take weeks or months), I'll be the best on GAF. Right now with Poison I'm probably only like 2nd or 3rd best on GAF.

edit: what happened with Art?

That was the first time I've actually fought someone in a real match other than a few times during launch day. I also only have been practicing Poison and dicking off in some trials. I wanna learn Hwo, but, I still don't even know what his normals are. I'll do cr. mk like it's a shoto cr. mk and it is not. :(

---

Anyone have the trials for Blanka / Cody?

Where could I find one? I thought that this was an option but I wasn't sure if there were easily available.
would have to buy it online most likely. play-asia.com, amazon, or even ebay. the only one i know about is the xcm cross battle adapter. not sure if there's any better ones.

kitzkozan said:
They aren't playing it like it's SFIV so there's the answer. :p The setup at 2:32 is absolutely sick. :]
one of the youtube comments says that there aren't unblockables in this game and that if you try to do high and low at the same time it will auto-block the 2nd. is this true?

kitzkozan

would have to buy it online most likely. play-asia.com, amazon, or even ebay. the only one i know about is the xcm cross battle adapter. not sure if there's any better ones.

one of the youtube comments says that there aren't unblockables in this game and that if you try to do high and low at the same time it will auto-block the 2nd. is this true?

Perhaps, but it seemed to me that Ryu connected with his j. medium kick just after kazuya third hit of his rising sun. In that case, it just seemed like an example of clutch blocking. :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Someone needs to make software to help you practice links. Basically a metronome that you can enter in the frame data and it clicks on the timing to make the rhythm for you.

I wish I could do it myself.

I actually plan on doing this, but it'll have a lot more content than just that...

So is it just me or does Steve's overhead kinda suck? You can only combo after it on crouching opponents as a counter hit :/ Standing counter hit won't work.

You need to force them to stand somehow if you wanna hit with the command grab as anything other than a punish.

Level Up is going to be streaming some SFxT at 3 o'clock PT.

Sick, I also just found out arcade ufo will be having a tourney streamed with the players from the ipl that ran yesterday.

Oh and quickly made this since USD is taking his sweet ass time

ibvYdtuL5c1867.gif

Any streams going on today? Wont be able to play due to work but want stream monster while I do it.

The folks behind Level|Up Series are running a couple of special tournament later today at Super Arcade to celebrate the release of Street Fighter x Tekken. In order to take advantage of the new battle mechanics, they’ll be hosting a 2 vs. 2 tournament as well as a singles tournament, so if you and a friend are interested you should definitely head over and participate. All the information you’ll need is compiled in the official forum thread, but be sure to follow Super Arcade on Twitter for any last minute details. Super Arcade is located in Walnut, California at 1211 N. Grand Avenue, and everything is set to go down at 3 PM PST, so be sure to get there early if you want to get in on the action.

It doesn't state if it's being streamed or not. It would be great if so. If not, then we'll have to wait for Wednesday's usual suspects.

Oops Late.

Top Bottom