• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Marduk can combo into his command throw? That explains the lack of damage on everything but the EX version
he has a grab command throw and a hit command throw. you can only combo off the hit one (plus his anti-air command throw).

sayah said:
I suck at this game so badly. I want to understand the mechanics but can't really see where the depth is supposed to be. I know there's depth but I don't know how it works. Damn. :/
footsies and hit confirms. managing meter and managing red life.

frame traps are pretty strong right now. but considering how terrible throws are and how underused alpha counters are, i don't think they'll be as strong in the future.

TGMIII

Juri seems like shes going to be godlike but I don't know if I can deal with low health teams again, I already went through that bullshit in marvel playing trish/viper/magnus

Degen

I am paying money for Alisa. Hugo will have to work as my 2nd for now, but Alisa is bought. I'm a fucking sucker.
The only characters I want are the three machines and the two capoeira fighters. Unfortunately I'm sure the DLC pack arrangement will force me to get everybody else

he has a grab command throw and a hit command throw. you can only combo off the hit one (plus his anti-air command throw).
naw dude! Try to do his armored back fist into hcb+punch.

"frame traps are pretty strong right now. but considering how terrible throws are and how underused alpha counters are, i don't think they'll be as strong in the future."

Pretty much. Against a player intent on doing nothing but down-backing...there's no way to open them up with frame traps. It's a shame, because I like characters who have really good frame traps.

"Im buying Bryan... soooo shall we have epic Dr.B creation battles?"

Yuuuuppp. Fuck this "fall" non-sense though. Capcpom needs to release them now.

Ixian

I searched as best as I could but couldn't find anything. Found this pretty amusing considering the recent string of Capcom typos:

Anl24e3CIAAIE00.jpg

Sorry if it's been posted before. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Pretty much. Against a player intent on doing nothing but down-backing...there's no way to open them up with frame traps. It's a shame, because I like characters who have really good frame traps.

Yuuuuppp. Fuck this "fall" non-sense though. Capcpom needs to release them now.

Julia has a free high low mix up actually that is so fast they have to guess ahead of time :3

And you can special cancel the low.

It's her lp lp chain

Heihachi is such a fucking horse in this game, is any one else maining him? His mobility is ass, and he doesn't have a dependable anti-air, but he makes up for that with crazy damage and mindfucks. Combos for days.

"Julia has a free high low mix up actually that is so fast they have to guess ahead of time :3"

Ehhh, that mixup is wildly out of Julia's favor, though. If you get the low, you can't really hit confirm for anything except a super link. The mid just knocks down, so you don't get anything off it, but is *horribly* unsafe. It's really a 50/50 that I don't like. You win, you get some piddly damage (unless you have meter for the low link), you lose the low you're even, you lose the mid you just lost 40% at least.

Sayah

I think you said in one of your posts that you haven't played 2D fighters before, if so Maj's footies handbook may help understand how to play SF.

Just looked that up. Thanks! :)

footsies and hit confirms. managing meter and managing red life.

frame traps are pretty strong right now. but considering how terrible throws are and how underused alpha counters are, i don't think they'll be as strong in the future.

I honestly don't even know a lot of the terminology people use for fighters (like what I bolded). But Maj's guide is helping with that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hit confirm is pretty simple. It's an attack or series of attacks that let you check whether it's ok to continue into the full combo or not. So on block, you're relatively safe, but on hit, you've confirmed that you can begin dealing out damage.

Some combos begin so quickly that you can't react to whether or not it's working before you do something unsafe and are only good when the other player is obviously wide open.

Sayah

I sort of understand how this hit analysis works I suppose. Just wasn't that familiar with what the actual term was, haha.

Edit: the hit analysis where a lot of the mind games delve from then.... I'm assuming? Interesting.

"ggs, again tekno. Are there archives of the tourney today? Whatever boring one everyone was talking about?"

GGs. Not sure where the archives are and I couldn't quite find them on the website, but it was the IGN Pro League SxSW event, which should help you search.

mr stroke

Is there an E.T.A. on when the online sound will be fixed?

I want to buy this tomorrow but only for online and not with the busted sound :(

kewlmyc

I am paying money for Alisa. Hugo will have to work as my 2nd for now, but Alisa is bought. I'm a fucking sucker.

I can get behind that. Alisa and Cody are the only ones that I'll probably buy. But knowing Capcom, they'll do what they did with Arcade Edition and have all of them in on huge $20-40 bundle.

zlatko

Banned
I bought the guide today. This thing is the bomb. Gonna read this hard core. Reading up on Bob right now. May pick him up as my character to use with other people for 2v2's.

HeroMK

Neo Member
Im enjoying the game so far. My analysis is that Rufus is absolutely insane. Dive Kick pressure (Speed Gem) in this game is even worse than Yun's dive kicks in AE and Rufus dishes out absurd amounts of damage. Something definitely needs to be addressed there.

I was a bit skeptical at first about the online play after hearing so many complaints but suprisingly it is actually really smooth. The sound issue is the only problem I have with it.

The timer should be increased by about 10-15 seconds. I think it kills the comeback factor in the game. There have been some times where I was in the process of some epic comebacks but the timer spoiled the fun and killed all of my excitement.

Pandora mode is absolutely useless. Not one person has used Pandora mode against me after playing about 50 games. Considering its apart of the main story. They could of at least made it a bit more useful.

K.Sabot

Co-op ranked match with a guy I don't know is almost like playing League of Legends or Dota.

Also what the fuck is people's problem online? I spend 20 minutes finding an endless match and they only stay for one fucking game 100% of the time.

Moaradin

I'm having the hardest time doing this Ibuki combo:
Target Combo 6 > LK Kasumi Gake > cr. LP > st. MK > HP Raida

Cancelling the Target combo into LK Kasumi seems very strict. I can't seem to get that part down.

Imm0rt4l

Man I took my first L today when I was playing 2 of my friends at the same time, they scrambled on me when I was winning in a last ditch effort and won. I was so salty.

Ran it back another 10 or so matches. That awkward moment when someone on your friendslist ragequits on you.

CPS2

I'm having the hardest time doing this Ibuki combo:
Target Combo 6 > LK Kasumi Gake > cr. LP > st. MK > HP Raida

Cancelling the Target combo into LK Kasumi seems very strict. I can't seem to get that part down.

I'm guessing you have to super jump cancel like QCF, up+forward+LK

wadddaFAWCK /michael_1985

who wins that situation? depends on how everything is timed?

I think whoever did the alpha counter would win because they're hitting last. There might be exceptions tho.

Amagon

Call me J.Noob here, but is their a way to cancel a opponent's cross assault before it happens? I was playing against my brother last night, just scrubbing it out the first time playing this game. I gotta say, I
like it, though the whole DLC/ Gem fiasco does leave a sour taste on my mouth.

:/

Reading in the guide, trying to learn punishes for Ryu and Kens attacks.

Ryu's Light Donkey Kick is -7 but his heavy is +1 on block

the hell

Hayeya

Banned
Played the Tutorial yesterday,
DID ONO TROLLED US OR SOMETHING, OR DID HE TEASE SOMETHING ?

Dan says during one of his speeches: ARE YOU OK?? BUSTA............ ,,
Is my dream coming true ??? Is he teasing a recollaboration with SNK ?
Capcom vs SNK 2 HD would be great
Capcom vs SNK 3 would be god like

BELIEVE

Top Bottom