• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

link practice, create-a-combo using frame data (every time you enter a new move in the combo it'd have a list of other moves that link or cancel in order to extend the combo, although I don't haven't figured out what I'd do to compensate for pushback here so that all the characters don't have infinites in my system), and as arcade stick training with different game profiles. SFIV training for instance would have practice for all the moves, b'n'b combos and create-a-combos, and a strict input mode + a mode where the game's easy inputs were allowed, maybe a semi-strict mode where it was like older SF games where you could be slightly loose with inputs. I don't know how I'd do jump-in combos without a visual indicator either.

Anywayz, something like this would be a long ways off and a metric fuckload of work. If other people implement this kind of stuff before I get around to it, that would be sweet.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Yo, can I get a shoutout for gem 047 and 048, They're the exact same gem (Iron Wall lv.2) but one of them reduces damage output by 10%. Same time limit, same incurred damage reduction, same conditions, just one decreases damage output. WTF?

kirblar

Yo, can I get a shoutout for gem 047 and 048, They're the exact same gem (Iron Wall lv.2) but one of them reduces damage output by 10%. Same time limit, same incurred damage reduction, same conditions, just one decreases damage output. WTF?
Cash grab DLC gem.

V_Arnold

Timedog, I have started a project like that a few months ago on XNA. It got put on hold because there was a lot of unclear stuff in my head, but you might have just given the motivation to me for continuing :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just got back from the biggest hype tournament EVER. Everyone pretty much playing the game for the first time made it so intense! The commentating + crowd was insane, hopefully I get some videos up on Youtube!

edit: not enjoying the actual game btw, it just feels weird/wrong. But I love games that can produce hype.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
edit: not enjoying the actual game btw, it just feels weird/wrong. But I love games that can produce hype.

Don't play it like sf4

Use them both together. That's the smart thing to do actually.

Edit: nvm my bad I thought it was the op power version. The power version is 10 hits and 20% dmg and -10% speed and it has a twin gem with out the -10% speed. So you get 40% dmg -10% speed for just landing 10 hits

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't play it like sf4
How do I play the game then? It doesn't feel like Marvel, SFIV, 3s or Tekken... rather, it felt like KoFXIII ._.

Yoshichan

Play it like SFXTekken?
So it's completely different from every other fighting game in existence, even if it's named after two major fighting franchises? Got it.

Tekken x SF please!

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
How do I play the game then? It doesn't feel like Marvel, SFIV, 3s or Tekken... rather, it felt like KoFXIII ._.

Sounds weird but I play this more like Tekken than SF4. A lot of the link/chains even for the SF chars are very Tekken-ish when it comes to input. But this game is nothing like SF4, which I have to constantly remind myself with things like Ryu having is his bounce kick.

The above poster is right though. Play it like what it is, a very tag-in intensive game. You're constantly playing 2 chars even when the other is waiting.

Finally got mist-step down in combos with Jin, am really enjoying playing as him so far. Only issue I've been having with him is anti-air but beyond that I think my Jin/Kuma team is ready to head into ranked.

Kuma's pretty terrible, the only thing he has going for him is the damage he can get off of his jabs. His normals are universally terrible, his jumping attacks are the worst in the game, he doesn't have anything that's useful for setting up frame traps but the super and victory dance make him worth it.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
God, Poison is ass. Time to training mode a new character! Kazuya seems fucking powerful, Heihachi too, Juri and Ibuki are both wtf, so I think I'll try one of them.

I wish Poison was better. I like the character and was looking forward to playing as her but she just doesn't seem very good and her moveset is kinda boring.

kitzkozan

Yeah, you should try to play it like CvS2 without roll cancels if you were familiar with that game. Even then, it's not like CvS2 (game is much slower, especially given how slow the Tekken characters are and we don't have groove) so play it like SFxT. Footsies of a SF game with some of the juggling from Tekken. It's all about opening up your opponent and going for the big damage by tagging and juggling the opponent for maximum damage by whatever mean available to you.

I saw a video of a top player trying to zone/control space like in SFIV and it wasn't pretty, that's for sure. XD

I don't care if Poison's moveset is kinda weak, I love using her.

I understand that she doesn't have a lot to draw on move wise right now, but hopefully they'll give her some more to work with in future appearances though.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Playing Ranked... man the lag in this game is weird sometimes. Generally playable. Won most of my games tonight only lost one fairly and another i forgot to cancel after a failed attack. lulz.

Gotta get better with Julia. Owning with Chun so far.

Smo21

I need a new partner for Law. Right now im using Law Rolento but they're very similar on terms of play style.

Also what are the fastest jabs in the game?

I need a new partner for Law. Right now im using Law Rolento but they're very similar on terms of play style.

Also what are the fastest jabs in the game?

Have you tried Juri and Law? If you want something more ... mismatched pick a big dude like king or zangief

Law Bison might be worth trying aswell

Yoshichan

Thanks guys, will give it another try later on.

LowParry

Anyone seen Gamestop ads for a March 24th tourny? Looks like a good way to get some free stuff. And an arcade stick. :D Though I suspect whichever system they use, they'll only allow pad use.

Edit - Btw, the guide is pretty damn good. Godlike. Really recommend it.

Jenga

Banned
every tekken player i've met literally just mashes out the same chain/link/target combo over and over and over

step up you guys

(looking at you kazuya, heihachi and law players)

zlatko

Banned
So here's my list of complaints:

Sound issue (obvious at this point)
No rematch options for a private match.
Long search queues no matter what I set it too.
3 bars not being 3 bars.
The still vague as fuck trials.
The meter bar. I wish it was blue for 1 bar, turns yellow for 2 bars, and was red for 3.
I wish quick combos were 100% able to be turned off.
I wish I could turn off the HP-HP or HK HK tag in option so it only works if I do HP/HK at once.
Not cool with them taking out icons. I enjoyed Title/icon/comment combo in SF4.

Not sure what else I can think of, but right now those are the things that are an annoyance to me.

At the end of the day though, I love the fuck out of this game, and so much of the cast is just so fun to play. <3 Bob.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They need more than one super in the game. Seeing Ken without Shinryuken is kind of out of place. Have three for each character and let players choose or something.

kitzkozan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBMvdVQlKo0&feature=related

Tag in off a long move (with bounce) gives long enough time to charge a meterless super? Amazing. Gotta get in the lab and think of possible setups.

Thanks guys, will give it another try later on.

There's an example of how the game will play out. :] Tag in off juggling or ground/wall bounce moves and continue the damage with combos or meterless super or combo+super/cross art for ton of damage. Heck, some moves allow you to tag in and add damage while the other character is still hitting his opponent (moves with long animation like you saw with Law) .

I also think meter related gem will prove to be the best, since you can't nullify their effect like damage being nullified by defensive effect. You need spare meter to use super and cross art in this game and that's what meter gems give you (and thus why we need gems in tournament to ease up on timeout) .

njean777

every tekken player i've met literally just mashes out the same chain/link/target combo over and over and over

step up you guys

(looking at you kazuya, heihachi and law players)

same could be said for SF people, most of them spam Ibuki, or juri. Which are both very annoying characters, oh how could I forget Rolento.

Jenga

Banned
God, Poison is ass. Time to training mode a new character! Kazuya seems fucking powerful, Heihachi too, Juri and Ibuki are both wtf, so I think I'll try one of them.
Juri might probably end up being the best character in the game. Seeing her transition from AE to this feels like they just supercharged the hell out of her for no raisin

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
same could be said for SF people, most of them spam Ibuki, or juri. Which are both very annoying characters, oh how could I forget Rolento.

How the fuck do you spam a character? Do you just throw them at the foe? Is this some new double team attack?

Juri might probably end up being the best character in the game. Seeing her transition from AE to this feels like they just supercharged the hell out of her for no raisin

Do you work for capcpom?

As a scrub im happy with the game, Somethings missing like the Icons from the player card is a bit lame and id like 2-3 supers and the meter to change colour when it gets to the next stage but im fine happy with the game.

Black and white colours suck, Capcon :/ just want a color wheel

Top Bottom