• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Jenga

Banned
same could be said for SF people, most of them spam Ibuki, or juri. Which are both very annoying characters, oh how could I forget Rolento.

Law has some killer fucking things goin on, it kills me to see another Law player just do that one juggle combo constantly.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Well i am finally back in my own apartment. Going to actually sit down and get some quality time with the game tonight.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There's an example of how the game will play out. :] Tag in off juggling or ground/wall bounce moves and continue the damage with combos or meterless super or combo+super/cross art for ton of damage. Heck, some moves allow you to tag in and add damage while the other character is still hitting his opponent (moves with long animation like you saw with Law) .

I also think meter related gem will prove to be the best, since you can't nullify their effect like damage being nullified by defensive effect. You need spare meter to use super and cross art in this game and that's what meter gems give you (and thus why we need gems in tournament to ease up on timeout) .
Yeah... I definitely played it the wrong way. I had just played like 20 hours of Tekken 6 in preparation so I played it identically to that game :lol I'm silly.

hertog

fuck shoto's
If I'd only had Blanka :(
Every time I mess up a combo SHORYUKEN!!!! And every start of the battle it's jump back hadoken! jump back hadoken!

The kind of scrubs I murder in SSF4, but not when I'm getting used to this game together with the awful sound glitch. See you in about a week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Rent SF x T first at least :p
Haha, I didn't buy it. I just tried it out at a session we had today! Might borrow it from a friend some day though.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This game to me seems like a cross of Capcom vs Snk 2 meets Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

If you take the tag mechanics and gems out this game is pretty close to alpha 2 or VS. Strict cancels and combos, but the mobility choices are kind of different.

zlatko

Banned
If you take the tag mechanics and gems out this game is pretty close to alpha 2 or VS. Strict cancels and combos, but the mobility choices are kind of different.

I feel the footsies, meter management, execution is CvS2 style, but I feel the look of the game and tag mechanics are like TvC. Oh and the gems are the "grooves" of this game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is there a replay channel bug? I'm stuck on transmitting data on PSN.

Edit: Looks like I can watch the ones under "New Replays" but not "elite channel" or"character channel".

fuck shoto's
If I'd only had Blanka :(
Every time I mess up a combo SHORYUKEN!!!! And every start of the battle it's jump back hadoken! jump back hadoken!

The kind of scrubs I murder in SSF4, but not when I'm getting used to this game together with the awful sound glitch. See you in about a week.

pick xiaoyu, deflect a fireball back at them, ???, no more long range fireballs!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Finally Justin is on. Excuse for this

iMWAfySFha5rL.gif

I hope TKxSF isn't tag team either.

Part of me hopes they go back and touch on the things they tried in Tekken 4 and try to branch out from that.

But it will probably be like TTT2 I bet.

Sayah

I hope TKxSF isn't tag team either.

Part of me hopes they go back and touch on the things they tried in Tekken 4 and try to branch out from that.

But it will probably be like TTT2 I bet.

They could build off of the T6 or TTT2 system but I don't see how it could be a similar replica. There's two problems:

1. Tekken characters have huge command lists. Trying to come up with similar new commands and motions for a whole bunch of SF characters would require a lot of funds, time, and work. It's not the same as translating Tekken characters into a SF environment.

2. Projectiles are mostly useless in the current Tekken system. They'll need to find a way to make them work for SF characters rather than just be useless additions.

Both of these problems would require them to come up with a new system that builds off the old but accommodates the new. At least, that's my speculation. Who knows how it'll turn out.

BasilZero

You can't use Cats or Cole in arcade mode, they are unlocked from the start.

That is pretty lame...although I am guessing its because they are too lazy to include a storyline for them?

Anyways, was going to get this game along with Tales of Graces F but decided not to when I heard the Vita version will have more characters upon release. Dont feel like paying extra $$$ for a DLC and a possible Super/Ultimate expansion in the coming months...

Is it just me or is everyone online(psn) fucking free?

I am scrubby to the max but I'm am undefeated in ranked.

Makes me feel great then my friend proceeds to kick my ass.

They could build off of the T6 or TTT2 system but I don't see how it could be a similar replica. There's two problems:

1. Tekken characters have huge command lists. Trying to come up with similar new commands and motions for a whole bunch of SF characters would require a lot of funds, time, and work. It's not the same as translating Tekken characters into a SF environment.

2. Projectiles are mostly useless in the current Tekken system. They'll need to find a way to make them work for SF characters rather than just be useless additions.

Both of these problems would require them to come up with a new system that builds off the old but accommodates the new. At least, that's my speculation. Who knows how it'll turn out.

Well, thinking about it. If they go about trying to just stick the SF characters into the TTT2 engine, that could be boring maybe, but I think that is the route they are going to chose.

About tekken 4, I am thinking if they tried to play off that, with uneven terrain and the push system, maybe they could do something interesting with having more varience in combos that work on different positions in the ring, and using the push system to get positional advantage.

Also they might take from SC5, and add more flash to the specials, have a limited special meter and stuff like that.

Can't wait to see what they got cooking. I hope they are making it for next gen hardware as well.

SUPARSTARX

Hnnnggg, so hard to stay consistent with anti airs using Law and Nina. My reactions are zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I need some Kazuya or 'hachi power.

SkylineRKR

They might indeed go the SCV route with Tekken x SF as SCV includes quite some features from 2D fighters such as Super moves, EX specials and just guards. I think super fireballs and SF chars could kind of fit into this engine and gameplay.

Got a question guys, can you disable the launcher from only tapping fierce and roundhouse? Meaning can you set it so that you will only do the launcher after chaining into fierce/roundhouse from actually pressing HP/HK together?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
You can't chain standing hp/hk into the chain launcher (hitting a heavy again). It has to start with a weak or medium strength attack.

However, you can do hp/hk into a manual launcher and it will link/combo.

Top Bottom