• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

DNAgent

Banned
You can't use Cats or Cole in arcade mode, they are unlocked from the start.

I still don't see why they wouldn't allow people to use the Cats or Cole in arcade mode. They could just use the basic intro & endings for when you pick characters that don't share their stories and then instead of writing something at the end it would just go to the "thank you for playing" screen (although they should've made intros & endings for the Cats & Cole anyways; at least a written story at the end). Even Pacman & Megaman have that and MK9 had no problems giving Kratos a story. Like I said before, they could've at least made a written story at the end.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You can't chain standing hp/hk into the chain launcher (hitting a heavy again). It has to start with a weak or medium strength attack.

However, you can do hp/hk into a manual launcher and it will link/combo.
I wish you could make it so only HP+HK is launcher though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Some pics from the awesome SFXT session I participated in today! Love you guys ♥ The finals were HYPE.

JWI6U.jpg

qddmN.jpg

You can't chain standing hp/hk into the chain launcher (hitting a heavy again). It has to start with a weak or medium strength attack.

However, you can do hp/hk into a manual launcher and it will link/combo.

Sorry, I worded myself poorly. I meant to say after chaining into HK/HP, can you disable the launcher from continually pressing HP or HK and make it so you press HK/HP together to get the launcher?

Ferrio

Banned
Man I can't find a team that I enjoy. People I've tried:

-Xiayou. Her normals have no range at all. Also her combos are very awkward due to the stance changes. If she actually had some poking power I'd be happy.
-Poison. Her normals aren't great, her moveset as boring as hell. Really disappointed in this one.
-King. So far one of the few characters I've semi enjoyed.
-Yoshi. HP/HKs can't cancel, and his other grounded normals don't look so hot. I'm not sure what's going on with his c.mk.
-Paul. He just doesn't feel right. Moves are really bland, and don't differentiate from one another. Why he needed two rising kick moves I don't know.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Wait, so for example there is no way to make it so you can do LK, HP, HK+HP(for launcher). Instead LK, HP, HP(for launcher) is the only way to use it in a chain combo?
No, either way works, but that can be a problem in some situations, especially because launchers are so unsafe on block.

No, either way works, but that can be a problem in some situations, especially because launchers are so unsafe on block.

Can you disable the chain into launcher by continually hitting HP/HK after hitting it the first time or are we stuck with that? I'd like to disable it and only do launcher by pressing HP/HK together, is that possible.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Can you disable the chain into launcher by continually hitting HP/HK after hitting it the first time or are we stuck with that? I'd like to disable it and only do launcher by pressing HP/HK together, is that possible.
That's what I'm saying. It would be nice.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
That's what I'm saying. It would be nice.

Yeah, I hate that shit.

Poison needs a fucking normals buff and for her jaguar kick to be able to hit people out of the air. Who the fuck thought it was okay to make her jaguar kick not hit air opponents in such a jump heavy game? FUCK.

I hope 2v2 is official evo event... it's really entertaining seeing the team synergy.

Yeah it is good to watch. Would also improve the single player tournaments by creating some meaningful match ups between teams as well.

Great idea on the stream. Double dragon finish to the tournament where winners play themselves.

njean777

what is the best way to take out a rolento spammer? he keeps on doing the same exact combo and I have no clue how to counter it other then blocking.

Teknoman

I need to learn how to play with the arcade stick on my lap. I always have it sitting on something (TV trays, tables, desks, etc).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm starting to warm up to the game. Finally hit some trials and came up with my first combo.

iblY3cMe2F5d1d.gif

Jin is so cool but seems more for advanced players with all that feints and dashing. But I'll still use him.

Team Jinryukenakuma for now.

theowne

Man, I went from liking Renic when he did the third strike revival, to thinking he's a huge loser. Crying about character selection...

Jin is so cool but seems more for advanced players with all that feints and dashing. But I'll still use him.

The trick to comboing with Jin is linking from crouching MP or LP into his 4MP>LP chain, the difficult part is cancelling that into his special step for the LP launch follow up. However it's not too hard to do when you understand you need to delay the LP for when the 6MP hits (as opposed to mashing it out as soon as possible) whilst at the same time inputting the LP with 6 (forward) before doing a quick half circle forwards. You can then follow up with a juggle.

I was really inconsistent with this combo for most of the day, but as soon as I figured out the above method I started to hit it 100% of the time. Essentially the hardest thing to get down is performing special step from a normal as you'll be using it to OS your footsies (MK, cr.MK, or far HK), in your combos, and to finish your juggles. But once you've got that down he's not too difficult to use.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Once again, Renic STFU

The guy is such a baby.

5 years from now he will still be talking about rufus and ryu being broken.

njean777

I still have no clue how to cross cancel Rolento I just literally lost against a Rolento spammer 15 times in a row, never even got a win in. I have no fucking clue and its pissing me off, becuase there is no way to stop a combo when he hits you once, not even with your meter can you cancel a combo mid hit, which is beyond annoying. At least Blazblue you have a fighting chance and can sacrifice something in order to stop a combo mid hit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I still have no clue how to cross cancel Rolento I just literally lost against a Rolento spammer 15 times in a row, never even got a win in. I have no fucking clue and its pissing me off, becuase there is no way to stop a combo when he hits you once, not even with your meter can you cancel a combo mid hit, which is beyond annoying. At least Blazblue you have a fighting chance and can sacrifice something in order to stop a combo mid hit.

Are you sure you are not just getting outplayed? You can't really spam with rolento_Oh and rolento's combo damage is kinda shitty unless he blows a super. So I don't really mind slipping up vs him cause you get a few chances to slip up. I don't use the guy but I havent lost to a random one online yet. Tek had a good one though I need to get some real games in with him and get some exp vs rolento.

TEK WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU

"I still have no clue how to cross cancel Rolento I just literally lost against a Rolento spammer 15 times in a row, never even got a win in. I have no fucking clue and its pissing me off, becuase there is no way to stop a combo when he hits you once, not even with your meter can you cancel a combo mid hit, which is beyond annoying. At least Blazblue you have a fighting chance and can sacrifice something in order to stop a combo mid hit."

Well the idea is to prevent the combo from even happening, not to stop the combo mid-way.

njean777

Are you sure you are not just getting outplayed? You can't really spam with rolento_Oh and rolento's combo damage is kinda shitty unless he blows a super. So I don't really mind slipping up vs him cause you get a few chances to slip up. I don't use the guy but I havent lost to a random one online yet. Tek had a good one though I need to get some real games in with him and get some exp vs rolento.

TEK WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU

Well I dont mind when I get demolished, but I hate when people just spam the same combo over and over again and I lose. Its demoralizing and makes me want to snap the disc because the fucker is just sitting there and you know he has a smug on his face thinking he is good, when alls he can do is spam the same shit over and over.

RS4-

Well I dont mind when I get demolished, but I hate when people just spam the same combo over and over again and I lose. Its demoralizing and makes me want to snap the disc because the fucker is just sitting there and you know he has a smug on his face thinking he is good, when alls he can do is spam the same shit over and over.

To be fair, it's a brain dead combo and it's rolento.

"Well I dont mind when I get demolished, but I hate when people just spam the same combo over and over again and I lose. Its demoralizing and makes me want to snap the disc because the fucker is just sitting there and you know he has a smug on his face thinking he is good, when alls he can do is spam the same shit over and over."

There's no reason to change from something that works.

If he is doing the same thing over and over and it is working, it is probably more a case of him thinking you bad. Should be a way to counter and stop it if it is repetitive.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

WELL IF HE IS DOING THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER..... why are you getting hit by it over and over :p Aka stop randomly hitting buttons. It's sounding like the people that bitch at me for playing defensive who jump at me all day and get hit by julias cr.HP about 8 times a round.

If you want a retarded poke, Ogre's Lp Lp chain is plus 9 on block.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anybody want to spar/mess around.

I'm trying to get a good feel for the game.

MThanded on XBL. I'm on right now.

You gotta block that mofo

Nyoro SF

If you block a patriot circle and you're midscreen, backdash to get out of range of his pokes.

If you're in the corner you have no choice but to alpha counter or do an invincible reversal.

Also in Blazblue you only get two bursts, whereas in SFxT as long as you have one bar you have a semi-burst with great effectiveness.

Top Bottom