• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

kiryogi

Banned
Man, I learned all of Asuka's moves and their properties, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set people up. First time ever playing a Tekken character, but I like her.

Asuka has a really hard time getting in. Supposedly she's better off as a battery

h3ro

is the framerate that bad with Street Fighter X Tekken on Xbox 360?

Link to Digital Foundry analysis

Split-screen head-to-head analysis isn't suitable for fighting games, so instead we've put together two separate videos to show how the game performs on each platform. The results are remarkably close - as expected - but with the PlayStation 3 adopting a minuscule lead over its 360 counterpart. As our performance videos show, this is almost entirely restricted to scenes in which the player has no control, with any smaller dips during play passing by without issue.

I played for 10 hours yesterday and didn't notice a single drop on 360. Seems like any small drops happen during cinematic scenes and not during gameplay.

I need Poison strats. Futanari-sama is flaccid, or I just suck.
she has a lot of decent moves but no 1 really good move that you can spam like other characters *cough*rolento*cough*, so you can play her in many different ways. i really like using her fireball for a zoning along with using it as safe approach or for a meaty on wakeup.

her c.mk is a great poke and you can cancel into pretty much anything safely without the need to hit confirm. c.mk into fireball is the safest (chip)dmg. c.mk into whip is relatively safe and if it hits you can easily hit confirm to finish the series, or use it to tag cancel. c.mk into lmt doesn't combo, but the ex hits overhead so it can catch people sleeping. it gives frame advantage on block as well which can let you set up some mixups.

a few people compared her to fei long, but i think she also has some similarities to sakura.

hertog

I love Ryu in this game, he's easy mode. Giving him his donkey kick has done wonders for his game. Doing low foward xx LK donkey kick is a great pressure tool and is hard to punish when spaced right. The EX version leads into big damage. Besides that he has easy links into low forward which can then be used to cancel into EX donkey kick or launcher into more damage. I played a friend of mine who always destroys me in SF4(we played last night and he beat me 20-10. But in SFxT, I dominated him winning 30-10 by pretty much only using Ryu(Ken was my back up and I only brought him in to give Ryu a breather). He kept having this disgusted look in his face about how I was getting pressure and big damage so easily where he had to commit to chains and recognize when to stop if blocked. And I hardly used fireball cancels which I need to add to my game.

There is tournament next week and I would like to play SFxT in it but I'm not going to unless I have a decent 2nd character. Right now all I have is Ryu and no one else I feel confident or comfortable enough to use.

So with that said, SSF4 AE Version 2013: Ryu with Donkey Kick Edition

I just don't get it when people enjoy playing such a boring character that's basically the same since 1994. It's like cheering for John Cena in the WWE.

Where is your sense for adventure, to try out new exciting characters with an actual personality and playstyle?

Shito

I just don't get it when people enjoy playing such a boring character that's basically the same since 1994. It's like cheering for John Cena in the WWE.

Where is your sense for adventure, to try out new exciting characters with an actual personality and playstyle?
Heh, I hear what you're saying, but this Rice-Eater, pretty much the epytom of the Ryu player. ^^
I don't understand him neither (mainly because yeah, I also find Ryu sooo boring), but there's no changing him. Funny thing is he'll have to settle on a second character this time around; even Ken would be quite a change for him! :)

hertog

Heh, I hear what you're saying, but this Rice-Eater, pretty much the epytom of the Ryu player. ^^
I don't understand him neither (mainly because yeah, I also find Ryu sooo boring), but there's no changing him. Funny thing is he'll have to settle on a second character this time around; even Ken would be quite a change for him! :)

And I'm actually ashamed that I'm using Guile right now because I sometimes used him in SF4 and the same tactics seem to work great here.

I want to learn this game and that works a lot better with new characters.

I'm thinking about a Paul or Heihachi and King team.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Calling nerfs for Rolento? Step your footsies up, actually learn to use alpha counters (I need to do this myself), and straight up reversal them if they're too aggressive. Chances are you're not using even a fraction of the game mechanics or what your character's capable of yet, so calling for a nerf is hilarious. Wesker comparisons are also pretty hilarious.

And ultimately, there's always going to be a "top tier."

Rolento's good but he isn't some unstoppable high damage no effort you cant do shit against him character.

People just need to learn to FUCKING BLOCK and STOP PRESSING BUTTONS 24/7

Rolento's damage is actually pretty shitty compared to a lot of the cast as well.

Go pick a huge character like ogre, marduk, gief, or hugo and practice blocking vs him.

Hell last night I blocked a landing pogo hit, which turned into a cross over, which in turn pushed him back to the other side again when he landed and I had to block the other way and I pulled it off. Guess who got flustered after that? Sure as fuck wasn't me. Ogre's hitbox gives me Q flashbacks though haha

I don't like shoto's but Ryu is NOT boring in this version at all. Maybe if you said ken I would agree with you.

Right, well I'll see you at Evo when Rolento is the Wesker of sfxt at evo

Steve is better than Rolento, Juri is better than Rolento, Rufus is better than Rolento, Ibuki is better than Rolento, Vega is better than Rolento. Hugo is better than Rolento.

And this is with just week 1 shit. Wait til more characters get dissected. Stop bitching and just learn the match up.

i wasn't going to buy the game based on all the negative impressions but i did anyways because it looked fun. sure enough, it's pretty fun! i don't really give a shit about 12 extra characters on disc as DLC or whatever the controversy was. we are getting 40+ characters out of the box here and i feel like that is a really good value.

the online sound drops are kind of annoying but the play was smooth.

i don't really want to get on a soapbox about this but if i told you 10 years ago that you'd get street fighter vs. tekken with 40+ characters and online play you'd say that $60 was a very good value.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Well thats a really weird choice of them.

* Implement character color edit *
CAPCPOM
* 4 colors at release *

hypernima

Banned
Steve is better than Rolento, Juri is better than Rolento, Rufus is better than Rolento, Ibuki is better than Rolento, Vega is better than Rolento. Hugo is better than Rolento.

And this is with just week 1 shit. Wait til more characters get dissected. Stop bitching and just learn the match up.

Very agreed. As a Rolento dabbler myself I really cant see how he's just THAT good when my Juri, Lili, and Hwoarang are miles better and much more dangerous then my Rolento.

FeD.nL

I feel like the biggest scrub again. I was kinda decent in SSF4 but I just can't get it together in SF x Tekken, when does Guy come out?

I have no idea why I bought this, sf games piss me off with all the shoto idiots. 360 seems like everyone is ryu\ken or one of them + akuma with a random juri. Either way Cammy\Ibuki is a fun team imo.

Gonna try to pick up Julia...she has some nice stuff going for her.

I wish I could get Asuka to work for me but my execution just isn't there yet...

Still can body a few people on PSN(not GAF) tho...but people are starting to get the hang of stuff so I think the free wins will start to dwindle.

Still having a ton of fun with the game. The online is inconstant for me but still fun...still need to fix some shit tho.

Also where is the Patch of Legends? Day1 Patch is the new DNF.

Sblargh

Banned
The cheating adventures of trials: Ryu, trial 20.
Ex-tatsumaki (pause) "ok, now it's cr.mk into l.dp". (unpause) Do it. "oh wow, he went pretty high I think I can pause here" (pause) "ok, just a shinku now" (unpause) shinku hadouken! Success!

True story.

hertog

I feel like the biggest scrub again. I was kinda decent in SSF4 but I just can't get it together in SF x Tekken, when does Guy come out?

I know that feel bro (maar net als Ajax kom je er weer bovenop als we psv opzij zetten over 2 weken).

Just practice a lot in arcade mode until you can perform some switch combo's and everything will be alright.
Now I just finish the arcade mode on the highest dif. setting, just to get the timing right. And after that I enter some online battles.

sleepykyo

Outside of Kazuya and Steve the Tekken characters seem to lack aa‚ decent mix-ups and / or decent normals .

I'm quitting this game. I don't like it after 6 days. Capcom has gone downhill since SF4, Capcom fighting games are dead to me post 1999 arcade releases

GAME OVER I am tuned out and exiting thread forever

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I'm quitting this game. I don't like it after 6 days. Capcom has gone downhill since SF4, Capcom fighting games are dead to me post 1999 arcade releases

GAME OVER I am tuned out and exiting thread forever

The world of Virtua Fighter welcomes you!

Shouta

I think the theory for Tekken characters is for mobilty and couters to make up for a dedicated anti-air normals.

I think it's mobility, combo potential and inside game in theory. The SF folks have much better pokes, ranging options and anti-air it seems. That's my view of it anyway.

Top Bottom