• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

LakeEarth

Trying out Jin. He's interesting. Is something wrong with his c.hp though? Looks like Guile's, except it sucks. I keep seeing go right through people.

Yep, I noticed that actually. Still, he moves just as slow as he did in Tekken. I think his hair is affecting the gravity around him.

He is really fun though. I've currently got him running anchor with Vega on point. Really easy for even a fighting game casual like me to get good damage out of. I feel like I actually use his special moves to move around with him more than with other characters, because yeah, that walk speed just does not cut it.

Nnamz

Banned
Why is Ryu such beast? His combos are so easy to chain compared to Ken. I sucked at chaining c.mp's together in Street Fighter 4, but doing two of them after a j.mk crossup then into a c.mk into an EX Axe kick into a j.HP into a c.mk, then into Super is SOOO EASY and does MASSIVE damage.

I'm not even very good and I'm on a 21 game win streak without knowing how to play my second character. Ryu just has an answer to everything. EX Axe kick is so quick and has great range and is so good at punishing. And it leads to massive damage. Such a good punishing tool.

.... no not really. But give him a shot. Hope you liked using Q :D

Oh god, never really liked him, well I will try him out later tonight and hope I like him.

So far online from my experience, is get a character with good AA and you will win, jump ins all day, its that or they play super lame.

Ferrio

Banned
Best way to win is 2v2 with Q on point. Then just sit back and scratch your balls and take all the glory when your character comes in to finish them off in a cross arts super.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone been successfully about to pandora combo?

edit: Seems I can do kings up knees to pandora-> hugo's super in corner. Full combo does 633... which is like only 22 more than my 2 meter combo..

Only thing I found.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Teleport characters own Pandora. Just run away, when they get close, teleport to other side, repeat, dead. I've done it all times, they can't do anything about it.

GB in the lobby now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Teleport characters own Pandora. Just run away, when they get close, teleport to other side, repeat, dead. I've done it all times, they can't do anything about it.

GB in the lobby now.

That's why people need to combo into pandora not panic into pandora!

Volcynika

Was going to get this game but both the Target and Best Buy near me had zero copies of it. :/

Target's had zero of Capcom's fighting games lately, never seen them in stock near me.

hertog

Why is Ryu such beast? His combos are so easy to chain compared to Ken. I sucked at chaining c.mp's together in Street Fighter 4, but doing two of them after a j.mk crossup then into a c.mk into an EX Axe kick into a j.HP into a c.mk, then into Super is SOOO EASY and does MASSIVE damage.

I'm not even very good and I'm on a 21 game win streak without knowing how to play my second character. Ryu just has an answer to everything. EX Axe kick is so quick and has great range and is so good at punishing. And it leads to massive damage. Such a good punishing tool.

So beginners (or long time fans that haven't played in a while) can pick up the game and actually win some matches.

Ferrio

Banned
It does, well not inf. It gives regen.

Ya... which means if you blow EX before it person coming in is screwed... precious time. Even so looks like damage scaling is off the charts in this game.

Doing 3 ex moves into a launcher->pandora->super does less than no EXs.

That said:

King/Hugo (in corner, hugo with damage gem on pandora activation)

King: J.HP, knee, knee, knee, knee, Pandora activate, Hugo super does 691 damage.

Troll combo for sure.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
why does Hugo do so much damage of off his normals and have super armor?
I say it's revenge for hardly anyone using him in Third Strike. Interestingly, with the little time I had to sample him, I wanted no part of this current version. No dash>Gigas, No sale! Was pretty funny to see him combo off his butt attack though.
Edit: wait, he's been sped up?? Dude didn't feel anywhere near as nimble imo.

ggs, I'm so ass right now, I only practiced with Vega lol

Sorry about our matches Sephiroth, my monitor is dying and keeps flicking off for no reason. So if I was blocking or doing weird stuff for a long time I was trying to fix it.

Yo god's

Ogre's kick combo is

High Low High for how to block it

He still moves slow as fuck, his normals are faster

Thanks, I didn't realize the 3rd was high. He seems to have a bunch of overheads?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hmm. I didn't get this sense at all--with HK maybe. Patty cake slap felt slower definitely. How about specials? His claps in particular felt nowhere near as explosive.

Try fighting vs him :p He's faster. It probably doesnt feel faster when you are using him cause of the whole timing stuff you gotta do yourself. But from the other persons point of view his shit just literally flies out now

Thanks, I didn't realize the 3rd was high. He seems to have a bunch of overheads?

Firedive is overhead, kick combo is overhead, down Hp is overhead

TGMIII

Holy fucking hell rufus can be hard to deal with sometimes. I mean I played rufus in sf4 so I'm using him here but fuck that guy sometimes.

Sigmaah

Thanks for the responses bros!

Maining Hugo now :>

whats some good gems for heihachi and hugo? dlc gems or reg, doesn't matter

Top Bottom