• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Jenga

Banned
No one in this game seems like they are complete trash...yet.

So that's a good look...for now

At this point I'm fairly certain top tier will principally be made up of SF characters with a few breakout Tekken characters. Yes, yes, Tekken characters haven't been completely dissected yet but most of the SF dudes are souped up from SF4 and even kicking more ass.

rac

Banned
At this point I'm fairly certain top tier will principally be made up of SF characters with a few breakout Tekken characters. Yes, yes, Tekken characters haven't been completely dissected yet but most of the SF dudes are souped up from SF4 and even kicking more ass.

Hell yeah dude. Ibuki/Balrog teams are lighting everyone up.

Calling nerfs for Rolento? Step your footsies up, actually learn to use alpha counters (I need to do this myself), and straight up reversal them if they're too aggressive. Chances are you're not using even a fraction of the game mechanics or what your character's capable of yet, so calling for a nerf is hilarious. Wesker comparisons are also pretty hilarious.

And ultimately, there's always going to be a "top tier."

Ryu will always be the champ. I don't see how this guy can not be this game's top tier.

I love Ryu in this game, he's easy mode. Giving him his donkey kick has done wonders for his game. Doing low foward xx LK donkey kick is a great pressure tool and is hard to punish when spaced right. The EX version leads into big damage. Besides that he has easy links into low forward which can then be used to cancel into EX donkey kick or launcher into more damage. I played a friend of mine who always destroys me in SF4(we played last night and he beat me 20-10. But in SFxT, I dominated him winning 30-10 by pretty much only using Ryu(Ken was my back up and I only brought him in to give Ryu a breather). He kept having this disgusted look in his face about how I was getting pressure and big damage so easily where he had to commit to chains and recognize when to stop if blocked. And I hardly used fireball cancels which I need to add to my game.

There is tournament next week and I would like to play SFxT in it but I'm not going to unless I have a decent 2nd character. Right now all I have is Ryu and no one else I feel confident or comfortable enough to use.

So with that said, SSF4 AE Version 2013: Ryu with Donkey Kick Edition

rac

Banned
Calling nerfs for Rolento? Step your footsies up, actually learn to use alpha counters (I need to do this myself), and straight up reversal them if they're too aggressive. Chances are you're not using even a fraction of the game mechanics or what your character's capable of yet, so calling for a nerf is hilarious. Wesker comparisons are also pretty hilarious.

Yo moody after saying that my friend is your fanboy.

jenga said:
Hell yeah dude. Ibuki/Balrog teams are lighting everyone up.
the thing i really like about ibuki is that while some street fighter characters feel like street fighter characters and some tekken characters feel like tekken characters, ibuki feels like shes got a little bit of both sides.

kewlmyc

I hate when people call for buffs and nerfs not even 2 months after the game comes out. Rolento is fine. Just give it a while before people start figuring him out.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Man, stop hyping Rolento. I don't want to feel compelled to buy this game lol.

I loved messing around with him in the short time I casually played the Alpha games, and a lot of MvC3 Hawkeye's stuff (who I also like using) reminds me of him.

lol no

game hasn't even been out for a week.

"haven't been completely dissected" = nobody knows much at all yet because it's day five.

Whats the best platform to get it for ? PS3 or Xbox 360.

There was an article from a European chronicling their differences.

PS3
+3 More characters (Cole and two cats)
+Online tag-team via one PS3 (versus 360 needing two 360s)
+Less dropped frames

+Xbox Live
+MSAA

Both versions get Megaman/Pacman (PS3 earlier and possibly free)
Both versions have audio issues when online
Both versions have the shady DLC on disc.

Most importantly both versions have the same, great experience.

PS3
+Less dropped frames

+Xbox Live
+MSAA

Thanks dude .. what are most people on GAF getting it on? PS3 I take it.

Jenga

Banned
lol no

game hasn't even been out for a week.

"haven't been completely dissected" = nobody knows much at all yet because it's day five.
SF is SF. Most of the SF cast has tools for something. The Tekken chars are wild cards and will either wreck shit or just be completely lackluster because they weren't designed for the game.

also, messing around with ogre. he seems pretty fun but janky as hell

Chorazin

Today the online clicked for me, with little to no lag in every match, shit was awesome. My Rolento x Guile team is lighting people up, but I still get whipped by Tekken teams. Seems like one dropped block means I'm getting sodomized with my own stick.

Moaradin

Man, I learned all of Asuka's moves and their properties, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set people up. First time ever playing a Tekken character, but I like her.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok i played a little bit ... the Tekken characters are friggin awesome! So many moves and stances and what not.
Im quite liking King and Steve for now.

BTW the replay functionaly is not working on my end. Cant watch good Kings to learn.

The Tekken characters have a way longer learning curve than the SFs so i believe that once people start learning them.. oh boy. STEVE AND KING FOR TOP TIER!

Oh and Hwoarang looks pretty beastly too.

Sblargh

Banned
Man, I learned all of Asuka's moves and their properties, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set people up. First time ever playing a Tekken character, but I like her.

Kind on the same boat here. Best I can figure out is that j.hp cross, so there's that, other than that, you're playing guess the high-low. But it is really weird and difficulty to actually be in a position where the guy is afraid and blocking. If people are just pressing buttons and jumping in, I really don't know what to do.

Brady Guide on Asuka's anti-air is basically this: You can use st.lp, but it sucks. Now, on to the next subject.

Nose Master

It's too bad charge dash cancels have such limited use, it's an interesting mechanic. Ogres #19 is fun. I should probably get good at it for Poison.

Jenga

Banned
The Tekken characters have a way longer learning curve than the SFs so i believe that once people start learning them.. oh boy. STEVE AND KING FOR TOP TIER!

Oh and Hwoarang looks pretty beastly too.
Steve is probably the one Tekken character that can go anywhere. People are constantly finding out new shit with the guy, I really wonder how far he can go.

Messing around with Hugo/Law

Nasty ass team, me like

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's too bad charge dash cancels have such limited use, it's an interesting mechanic. Ogres #19 is fun. I should probably get good at it for Poison.
Pretty sure they have a lot of uses.

We aren't even a week into release yet.

Is there a raven dash cancel combo.

Whats the best platform to get it for ? PS3 or Xbox 360.

PC if you don't mind the wait. Comes out May 16th.

Better graphics if you have the rig (4850/8800GT should run it fine), most likely the same net code quality, and cross compatible controller selection (PS3s, Saturn, Hori, Mad Catz, should work fine).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alpha counters are FAR easier to use on rolento than the rest of the cast.

...just sayin
People haven't been using them yet. I'm betting once they do, people with long multihit moves will start getting bodied.

solarus

PS3
+Less dropped frames

+Xbox Live
+MSAA

I'd be all over the ps3 version if i didnt have a 360 arcade stick :(

Wizpig

Quick question; so, er, the game handles lag by bugging audio, right?

Does that mean, if you play with very low latency, both the gameplay and the audio are perfect?

Also, does that mean, when there's high latency, that you miss some audio but the gameplay is still fluid?

I really hope they don't patch it so that they ruin the gameplay but solve the audio stuff...

ps. MegaMan and Pacman on 360? really?

Imm0rt4l

We need to pump the breaks on Rolento being op, he's pretty obnoxious no doubt, but its too soon to tell. Rolento is however braindead easy to use, its so easy to autopilot with him effedtively.

I'm a low level scrub and about 50-60% of my matches are ending in time outs. Need to learn how to do some damage. Going with Poison - Ryu for now, might drop Poison for someone else though.

I've been in the lab all weekend working on Raven's crouching fierce loops. I will get this down, believe it. So far I can do two repetitions without fucking up, I think.

alstein

Man I need to learn how to block Kazuya.. so many dial a combo ones online.

and how does one alpha counter again?

LIke a CD counter in KOF, HP+HK
timing seems to be hard though, I just failed one and it cost me a match I was winning.

Noticing my team has a real problem with tagging out, I just don't get enough launchers since Sim plays at far range and Paul doesn't get a ton of openings. Maybe there's just some bad synergy, but deathfisting folks is just satisfting, as is running away from Tekken chars all day.

Top Bottom