• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Try fighting vs him :p He's faster. It probably doesnt feel faster when you are using him cause of the whole timing stuff you gotta do yourself. But from the other persons point of view his shit just literally flies out now
Ah, I see what you mean. I only played briefly online last night though I did see some of his new combos. Cancelling HK is pretty crazy.

zlatko

Banned
Rolento will be the 1st character to fall out of top tier.

His defense sucks and he is too linear in his gameplay

Pretty much. I main him since he's my favorite fighting game character, but the more I play him the more I feel he just plain sucks in this game in the long run. In Alpha you can do a shit ton of damage with him, but here you can't. He has some solid pressure, but his mix up game is not there once you've fought him a few times.

He would've been so god like in SF4 in his current form to be honest.

I've come the conclusion though that I suck at this game. I get lamed out so much. I'd say 70% of my round losses come from people just laming me out the last 20 seconds and they sit on a life lead.

I need to just pick up Rufus. He's so fucking top tier it's insane. The damage, the pressure, the health, the normals, etc.

Oh and fuck all you Paul players mashing stand jab for 7 hours until it confirms into ABC herpa derp. :/

Jenga

Banned
Pretty much. I main him since he's my favorite fighting game character, but the more I play him the more I feel he just plain sucks in this game in the long run. In Alpha you can do a shit ton of damage with him, but here you can't.

if he did any more damage he'd just be broken

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

zlatko

Banned
"His defense sucks and he is too linear in his gameplay"

By what metric are you defining "defense?"

Well when he is knocked down there is little he can do outside of just blocking and eating the pressure unless he has 1 bar to do an ex patriot circle. His anti air game is solid as it gets in this game though. It's akin to how Cody has to deal with eating shit once he gets knocked down.

"Well when he is knocked down there is little he can do outside of just blocking and eating the pressure unless he has 1 bar to do an ex patriot circle. His anti air game is solid as it gets in this game though. It's akin to how Cody has to deal with eating shit once he gets knocked down."

That goes for most characters? Even for characters who have a good non-ex-reversal, blocking the pressure is the right option most of the time. Cody doesn't even have a good reversal *with* meter. And meter is gained pretty rapidly in this game.

Blocking. It's good for you.

Jenga

Banned
Well when he is knocked down there is little he can do outside of just blocking and eating the pressure unless he has 1 bar to do an ex patriot circle.

don't forget he has a 2 meter cross block cancel like everyone else that has to put up with him

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tek and me vs each other = sit on other side of the screen and wiff to build meter til 50 seconds on the clock or til one of us goes KAY FUCK IT I GOT ENOUGH METER.

shout outs to 3s lololol

zlatko

Banned
I think the most I've gotten with gems was with Kazuya and 3 bars for like 750ish I believe.

I heard there's a Paul 801 damage combo out there. Any truth to that?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Holy shit, I swear to god Ryu and Ken's Dragon Punch's are invincible...

I've traded more times with them than get an actual clean hit.

And another thing I noticed is jump kick ranges being so deceptive. I got kicked in the face more times I could count because I didn't think it would reach me.

Xevren

And another thing I noticed is jump kick ranges being so deceptive. I got kicked in the face more times I could count because I didn't think it would reach me.

Yeah that's been a problem for me too. A lot of times I think something is gonna cross me up but it doesn't just kills me. Just need more time.

I-hate-u

My team current Hwoarang and Law and my bnb is 491 with 1 meter, that good or bad?

Also, for the alpha counters, its HK+HP right? I always get launcher instead

"My team current Hwoarang and Law and my bnb is 491 with 1 meter, that good or bad?

Also, for the alpha counters, its HK+HP right? I always get launcher instead"

Forward + HP + HK while in block stun.

alstein

Tonight I just realized two things owning me hard.

- It's hard for Sim to tag out safely
- Paul is so damn slow when it comes to footspeed, makes it hard to start an offense. This is why I think Pauls herp derp jab so much, lack of other options.

Jenga

Banned
wait, so how does kazuya's mist step work again?

i can only do it about four times, is that the max or can you just use it as much as you want infinitely?

zlatko

Banned
wait, so how does kazuya's mist step work again?

i can only do it about four times, is that the max or can you just use it as much as you want infinitely?

Infinite if you want to. Do the motion and once you are in the step animation just start mashing QCF motion and you'll keep on going.

What's the current word on Hworang? I feel he may be top tier. He's so damn good. ; ;

Ferrio

Banned
You know, I'm thinking they went too crazy on damage scaling. Or atleast damage scaling should be partially reset when cross cancelling. It seems solo character combos ended in a super have the same amount of damage, if not very close to a cross cancel.

The scaling is the same as SF4. Considering at least a few characters can already do 50% meterless or with 1 meter, less scaling would've made for a really terrible game.

Cross rush combos are not for damage, as chained normals actually do less damage than if you were to link them, so using them every time you land a hit is bad. The good damage combos come from links and switch cancels.

Top Bottom