• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Jenga

Banned
Am I fighting a lag switcher when the match runs crystal clear but lags out everytime they come in for footsies?

or is capcom just fucking with me? it was weird as hell

Venfayth

The trick to unstancing quick with Xiao is doing either downback downback or downforward downforward. As crimzonflame said, you can do downback 3p downback as a shortcut.

Also, crimzon, I wasn't aware cadc could do the same thing, how does it move them to the corner? Does her dash push their falling model? That's pretty cool, more stuff to learn.

edit: Derp, one of the things shown in that video is stance/unstance/dash. Answering my own questions.I see, it IS a cadc.

The trick to unstancing quick with Xiao is doing either downback downback or downforward downforward. As crimzonflame said, you can do downback 3p downback as a shortcut.

Also, crimzon, I wasn't aware cadc could do the same thing, how does it move them to the corner? Does her dash push their falling model? That's pretty cool, more stuff to learn.

Yep, the dash moves them to the corner. Sometimes you can dash under to the other side for a mixup/reset opportunity.

The CADC is actually the first combo in the video you posted. The guy who made the video (he posted it on SRK forums on Saturday) said CADC is better to learn. I spent hours trying to get the hang of it but now I got it, I think.

LowParry

Julia/Lili is a fun pair. Not having Kaz though...esh. He hits like a damn truck so going up against him...oiy. Learning against Tekken characters is a huge trial. Learning what their moves do in terms of watching for an overhead or high attack with it looks like a low attack is very tricky. Though going up against a Kaz/Hugo team all this morning, we played for like 20 matches. Came out even in the end. Learned a lot.

Degen

Am I fighting a lag switcher when the match runs crystal clear but lags out everytime they come in for footsies?

or is capcom just fucking with me? it was weird as hell

I used to think it was intentional when games would start lagging in the middle of my combos in mvc3. "Joke's on you; Team Armor is Team No-Execution."

LowParry

gotta practice that xiaoyu tech... i'm seriously intimidated by using her.
she seems so so technical.

Having played Ling for the past several years in Tekken, having her go from a 4 button set up to a 6 button in terms of stances is a complete mind fuck. She's tricky but not that difficult. Once you learn how to place her instances for combo finishers, she's flashy as hell. But I think I'll keep my Xiaoyu roots in Tekken only this round.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kazuya and Jin hit like mack trucks. I played someone running them online last nigh. Felt like I could feel the hits from my couch.

They were destroying me.

Jenga

Banned
Kazuya and Jin hit like mack trucks. I played someone running them online last nigh. Felt like I could feel the hits from my couch.

They were destroying me.

As more and more I fight the Mishimas I find myself getting used to their mixups and being able to know their mixups. The real problem is that I don't know what kind of dumb shit they can pull off in between block strings. But seriously, for the most part it's block overhead and occasionally block low

back to Law, his lack of any real AA is seriously depressing...but his j.hk is decent. Still loses out to shoto j.hk sadly. I'm starting to think the trick is to just to forget blocking and instead go under them with knuckle rush

Moaradin

They were destroying me.

Oh yea. I've lost matches because I wasn't paying attention to my health and I assumed 5 hits from Kazuya wouldn't bring me down to 10% of my life.

zlatko

Banned

They were destroying me.

Yeah it's why I play Kazua. Easy execution, fair mix ups, but if you crack them open then wham bam LOOK AT DA DAMAGE.

I haven't messed with Jin outside of his trials because my buddy uses him and I don't like overlapping characters against them. I feel like I only have a few characters left I haven't truly messed around with.

Oh and why is Yoshi's hitboxes so ass? ; ;

They were destroying me.

Its why I use Kazaya, look at the damage! Best feeling so far was getting someone in the corner who didn't know how to forward roll out and I just mixed him up and beat him within the 25 second mark, dat feeling.

PK Gaming

So I main Rolento and Julia in this game, though i'm a bit sad since i'll never get to be as good as those online rolento players. Seriously those guys are monsters...

Back to the lab!

Ferrio

Banned
Hugo's lariat is hilarious online. Though I get destroyed once people start crossing me up, damn huge hitbox. Also my king is still trash :(

Jenga

Banned
Hugo vs Abel is even worse than Abel vs Zangief. Rolento is also almost impossible to crack down, he's entirely in control of that matchup. I'll play Abel until the day I die but if these characters become the top tier Abel won't have any place to go.

MThanded

Yeah it's why I play Kazua. Easy execution, fair mix ups, but if you crack them open then wham bam LOOK AT DA DAMAGE.

I haven't messed with Jin outside of his trials because my buddy uses him and I don't like overlapping characters against them. I feel like I only have a few characters left I haven't truly messed around with.

Oh and why is Yoshi's hitboxes so ass? ; ;

I'm hoping they buff him a little. I really want to start using him but his hitboxes are some basura.

I really like king but hes hard to get in with. Ive been running akuma/king or balrog/king.

LowParry

Ugh, where's our free colors? I want some sort of edited characters to be like the cool people with black and white colors.

MThanded

Ugh, where's our free colors? I want some sort of edited characters to be like the cool people with black and white colors.

I agree I want some more colors too. Can't believe they are making us download more colors. Just enable all the colors damnit.

Edit: I see they are selling these now : http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...=T144bQoBAlkAADygB9UAAAAj&rests=1331574916473

DBdXT.png

joe2187

Banned
I dont know who comes up with the stuff at capcom, Is it ono that writes the cutscenes? I dont know I dont care

I just beat the arcade mode with guile/abel because abel seems pretty good. After watching his rival battle and the ending for Abel, I believe he's become my most favorite character.

After learning of his bear fetish in the rival battle, the ending made complete sense (actually no it didn't, My mind cant quite comprehend what it saw)

The lack of any real anti-airs in this game is depressing.Got destroyed by a friend today who did nothing but jump on me to start his pressure and everytime i tried aa'ing with Heihachi, he lost half his health only to be looped into it back again -__-

zlatko

Banned
Hugo vs Abel is even worse than Abel vs Zangief. Rolento is also almost impossible to crack down, he's entirely in control of that matchup. I'll play Abel until the day I die but if these characters become the top tier Abel won't have any place to go.

Abel was my main in SF4, but I'm avoiding him in this game. Something seems extremely off. I cannot for the life of me set up command grabs and I don't know why that is.

Does he have shorter/slower dashes so that dash in command is nerfed? Does he have more start up and less reach on grabs? Do other things just get more priority? Not sure. I do like his step kick into HP is now no longer a 1 frame link. Oh and why did they give him Breathless? Ugh. Should have been Soulless, especially in this game. ; ;

As for Rolento being impossible to crack, just SPD him during his pokes. If he plays lame though (like I do). It's hard yeah. He can do stand HK, anti air with it as well, or stand MP. He can also chuck knives or do the roll back into forward roll multi hit if he wants to keep you in check. His air to air jumping LK is also a beast. Fast start up, long active frames, counter hit causes juggle for extra damage.

FinKL

The lack of any real anti-airs in this game is depressing.Got destroyed by a friend today who did nothing but jump on me to start his pressure and everytime i tried aa'ing with Heihachi, he lost half his health only to be looped into it back again -__-

Try jumping forward/back + LP/LK instantly. I play Nina, so I understand that feeling. Cr.HP would not be spaced right even though I'm anticipating a jump in, so I just started doing jump back LK. I get crap damage, but at least i'm not facing a mixup.

Jenga

Banned
Abel was my main in SF4, but I'm avoiding him in this game. Something seems extremely off. I cannot for the life of me set up command grabs and I don't know why that is.

Does he have shorter/slower dashes so that dash in command is nerfed? Does he have more start up and less reach on grabs? Do other things just get more priority? Not sure. I do like his step kick into HP is now no longer a 1 frame link. Oh and why did they give him Breathless? Ugh. Should have been Soulless, especially in this game. ; ;

As for Rolento being impossible to crack, just SPD him during his pokes. If he plays lame though (like I do). It's hard yeah. He can do stand HK, anti air with it as well, or stand MP. He can also chuck knives or do the roll back into forward roll multi hit if he wants to keep you in check. His air to air jumping LK is also a beast. Fast start up, long active frames, counter hit causes juggle for extra damage.
Only the really bad rolentos leave holes in his poking to get SPD'd.

zlatko

Banned
Only the really bad rolentos leave holes in his poking to get SPD'd.

Online can make the holes open up. I can do like 20 strings right no problem, but there's always one guy churning SPD or mashing SRK during the string to get a free get off me.

You have to do something though or else he'll poke you forever and keep trying to throw in throws/cross ups.

Anyone know if Kazuya can just wake up mistep into a hook? I think everytime I've tried I get bopped out of it, but the guide says it's a great thing to do on your wake up if they go for cross ups or want to hit you with standing pokes.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone who doesn't think Juri got a boost is fucking insane. She can do whatever the fuck she wants now.

She's safe on her dive kick. Total monkey shit. She controls the skies, can come in however she wants, has great anti airs, combos for days, solid damage, great mix ups, long strings, etc.

#fuckjuri

LakeEarth

Rufus and Juri can also combo into tag cancel well. It's a strong advantage to have this ability. Hugo and Paul don't seem to have a good move to tag cancel their partner into.

USD

Comparing some characters is like night and day. Training with Poison, I can easily her limits as far as damage and combos go. On the other hand, just starting to goof around with Julia, and there are so many possibilities is overwhelming.

Jenga

Banned
Dismantling Kazuyas and Ryus with Law is like Poetry. The real trick is controlling Law's spacing with his dash knuckle. He can get out of jump-ins, and randomly attack you from mid-screen with it. It's unsafe (it'd be fucking stupid if it wasn't) but smart use means you can overcome rushdowns and his lack of AA which is his strongest weakness.

Top Bottom