• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

I will never understand why people feel the need to troll beginners online.

If you know you aren't a beginner, what do you get out of stomping people that are way worse than you?

rCIZZLE

I will never understand why people feel the need to troll beginners online.

If you know you aren't a beginner, what do you get out of stomping people that are way worse than you?

I don't think them beating you badly is really trolling. Anytime I see someone in a fighting game that I know I have a huge advantage over I usually just use them as combo practice. A worse form of trolling, which is what I see if a beginner buddy of mine is playing online, is when better players will take the lead then run away taunting until time over.

Ferrio

Banned
Bob has a loop that's really good but you need a good tag in move that puts your opponent in a bunch of hit stun (ie Ken's tatsu or Vega's rolling claw) to implement it (besides big whiff punishes). He's got an interesting jump that drops fast when you input an air normal but his air-to-air is so so. Also has Honda's far standing fierce. Has the tools to get around fireballs. To sum it up, I think he's a frame trap guy that does beefy damage. He's most effective up close, staggering cr.jabs for frame traps. Has overheads but they're way too predictable/slow and unsafe.

I'm using him as my second character solely because of that loop.

What's the loop? Sounds like it'd work good with Hugos EX lariat.

edit: oh been answered.

Oh crap looks difficult to do though.

LogicStep

This game is a lot more user friendly from an execution standpoint. Anybody can pick up and do the basic chain to launcher combo followed by a shoryuken or similar special move with the incoming character. That said, it's still a very complex game and max damage combos can be pretty difficult to master. The game is a nice balance between mvc and sf4.

I see, thanks, sounds promising.

Nose Master

Is there a shortcut for Misogi? Well, not shortcut per se. What I mean is, take his trials where he has to cancel a chain into it: I tried doing 3 crouches, then standing hp, then all three kicks, and that worked. However, st. lp, cr. mk (crouching once or twice), then standing hp and finishing the amount of crouches I need for Misogi never seems to work. Am I just being too slow, or does this not work with that many inputs in-between?

EDIT: That's just how Tekno do, he gets that shit in every thread he posts in.

notworksafe

"Technopathetic Why do you ctrl+c/v with "'s instead of quoting normally?"

I figured he did it because it was just an easy way to keep conversation threads straight when quoting over multiple posts.

:p

Technopathetic Why do you ctrl+c/v with "'s instead of quoting normally?

Someone asked him this a long time ago, maybe vanilla SF4 thread. But anyway, I remember him replying that it was just his personal preference.

Although, now that we have the capablity to click back to a quoted posts origin, it makes finding the person he quoted tougher than it needs to be.

"Someone asked him this a long time ago, maybe vanilla SF4 thread. But anyway, I remember him replying that it was just his personal preference.

Although, now that we have the capablity to click back to a quoted posts origin, it makes finding the person he quoted tougher than it needs to be."

I guess I can see that
Sometimes I want to see if someone replied to my post, and I search for my name on the pages rather than the actual content

sleepykyo

So who are people bitching about? I hear Rolento is really good, Ryu is good and brain dead easy to play. I guess Juri belongs on that list to then? Any other character that is making waves as far as being considered top tier?

I don't care about main'ing a top tier or anything like that(I always play Ryu though, so that's different). But I'm curious to know who people are calling top tier or just simply really good in the first week or month so we can see how things change by the time EVO begins or by the end of the year.

Yep, at first I was doing the normal DP motion but I found it to be too inconsistent. So I tried the same thing you mentioned and it has been working out for me. My only problem is doing crouching attacks into mist step. Not that it's hard, it's just extremely awkward. I've never had to do something like that before in a SF game so it's really killing me trying to get use to it with Kazuya but hopefully I will eventually get it down.
What about Rufus? Good mobility ‚ excellent damage and ex messiah is a good reversal again. And that 950 stun is gone.

"Someone asked him this a long time ago, maybe vanilla SF4 thread. But anyway, I remember him replying that it was just his personal preference.

Although, now that we have the capablity to click back to a quoted posts origin, it makes finding the person he quoted tougher than it needs to be. "

I have to admit, it is hard to follow who he is responding to in threads sometimes.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Havent bought the game yet, so heres a question.

In the old pre release build, if one player activated Pandora all you had to do to win the round was activate Pandora afterwards .. did they address this?

hayejin

No, but why would you go into a lobby that says "I'm Looking For Beginners" if you know you aren't one?

Yeah this happened to me consecutively. Even finding match with equal skill didn't help as I was paired with B rated guy when my rating was D with 50 BP.

"No, but why would you go into a lobby that says "I'm Looking For Beginners" if you know you aren't one?"

The age old "noobs only" trick. Never, in any game, join a "noobs only" server/lobby/room/whatever if you are an actual noob.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
"No, but why would you go into a lobby that says "I'm Looking For Beginners" if you know you aren't one?"

The age old "noobs only" trick. Never, in any game, join a "noobs only" server/lobby/room/whatever if you are an actual noob.
I think, "I'm looking for easy wins" would be a more accurate title.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
About the guide. 13 dollars for the digital version seems like a good deal to me. Just being able to see all the moves and some description makes it worth it in my opinion.

I asked him this like 3 times the other day in this thread. He's just gonna ignore you.
I think I asked him a long time ago when I first joined GAF. Not sure if I got an answer though. I don't think he wants us asking.

It's good for the frame data.. but the actual analysis of the gameplan for the characters is relatively lackluster... and is much better to be found online on forums and such.

Does it have decent combo's to practice and make suggestions of what to use as punishers, anti airs, get off me's, etc?

AAK

Does it have decent combo's to practice and make suggestions of what to use as punishers, anti airs, get off me's, etc?

Yes for combo's, but pretty basic for the others like punishers/AA's/etc, and then again it's something that forums on SRK and youtube videos also inform you about in a much better fashion.

As for punishers... that's what the frame data is for.

Sblargh

Banned
Just saw on tumblr someone bitching about pandora being useless. I really think that once people find their characters and are comfortable with their BnBs, next stage are pandora-specific combos and they will be a game changer. (or at least a legit come back mechanic)

rCIZZLE

Just saw on tumblr someone bitching about pandora being useless. I really think that once people find their characters and are comfortable with their BnBs, next stage are pandora-specific combos and they will be a game changer. (or at least a legit come back mechanic)

They probably treat it as an x factor where you can activate it out of a combo and make something happen. When people start properly using pandora I can see it becoming pretty broken. I haven't messed around much with it myself but it seems like a wall bounce > pandora would be a pretty quick way to end a round.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Does it even matter who he is responding to? If it's you, you'll know. If it's not then just read and take the input.

Also shout outs to "Julia styles" being on the top of this page, shit confused my brain for a second.

Garcian

Feel like I'm getting a bit more comfortable with Poison now, but I'm not clicking with the tagging yet - don't know when to do it, don't know what to do once I've done it.

Can't settle on a partner either - have tried Bison, Ogre, Guile & Hugo & am terible with all of them.

Mileena

Banned
Feel like I'm getting a bit more comfortable with Poison now, but I'm not clicking with the tagging yet - don't know when to do it, don't know what to do once I've done it.

Can't settle on a partner either - have tried Bison, Ogre, Guile & Hugo & am terible with all of them.

It's not even possible to be terrible with Hugo. Easy combos for 60%

Top Bottom