• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Xevren

In the guide, what the hell does it mean when it says a move "crushes" low attacks? I noticed it's listed on launchers, so does that just mean lower body invincibility / it beats out low pokes?

Yes, you can beat out lows with raw launches. Just really punishable.

Xevren

I don't ever play as Ryu, so can't help there. I've used raw launches on people that get a little too happy with spamming lows though.

Ryu also has "crushes crouching attacks" listed for his overhead command normal, though.

Seems a bit weird but I guess it'll work, can you link, chain, combo after it though? If not just go for the raw launcher since you can combo with it. Yeah low crushes beat out low pokes and moves, same with high crush moves, sweeps and low forwards would crush a high attack, but I'm not sure If SFxT would have that, since this is more of a Tekken thing.

Quick question. In training mode when selecting a stage with multiple layers such as Mishima Estate, Jurassic Facility etc. can you choose which part of the stage you want to play on?

Nose Master

Seems a bit weird but I guess it'll work, can you link, chain, combo after it though? If not just go for the raw launcher since you can combo with it. Yeah low crushes beat out low pokes and moves, same with high crush moves, sweeps and low forwards would crush a high attack, but I'm not sure If SFxT would have that, since this is more of a Tekken thing.

The phrasing of crush is just strange, didn't know it was a Tekken thing. I imagine it means the same thing as it does in Tekken, considering the awkward mid meaning overhead terminology they adopted. It ground bounces on counter hit. I'm not actually asking about combo potential, just what "crushing" meant.

Thanks for the clarification, though. Not trying to sound snarky to Tekken players, it's just weird coming from Street Fighter terms.

Quick question. In training mode when selecting a stage with multiple layers such as Mishima Estate, Jurassic Facility etc. can you choose which part of the stage you want to play on?

There's not a highlight over the stage and press Square/X button to select stage layer? Strange.

Thanks for the clarification, though. Not trying to sound snarky to Tekken players, it's just weird coming from Street Fighter terms.

Yeah it was a bit weird to the Tekken folks when we first got it, but over time it started making more sense. I guess I'll make up a SF situation If it helps visualize it, imagine a Bison player doing his Standing HK, that one that is sometimes you used for anti-air while at the same time a Ken is doing his sweep. If they both did it at the same time the animation should show Ken ducking under Bison's kick and attack at the same time with his sweep. Ken's sweep would 'high crush'. Makes it more realistic I guess, though SFxT or the SF games in general probably doesn't have that level of crush tech so I don't imagine that happening yet.

I'm so close to just caving in and buying this game, but I just can't. Capcom has done me wrong with so much, plus I just assume they will release a disc post DLC that has everything on it, and balance changes.

I'm just blowing smoke, though. I'm sure I'll cave in soon. I want to play as Asuka so so so so bad. After I saw her trailer, she was a god damned lock for me in this game. I even went out and played a Tekken game for the first time since Playstation days so I could play with Asuka. Damn it Capcom.....

"Oh and Tek did you learn anything from watching my shitty julia at all? T.T I'm pretty inconsistent right now with some stuff but I already got her gameplan down for the most part."

Yep.

"The phrasing of crush is just strange, didn't know it was a Tekken thing. I imagine it means the same thing as it does in Tekken, considering the awkward mid meaning overhead terminology they adopted. "

It's not really awkward. Overhead got the meaning it got in 2D games because most attacks that hit crouching opponents have an "over head" animation where someone's animation has them swinging down on you.

While there are some animations like that in 3D games, especially in Soul Calibur, quite a lot of them are just "mid" level animations.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
The netcode in this game can be so jumpy. Better than being underwater but it needs a few tweaks.

Oh and fuck my ISP

GorillaJu

God 8 gate is such shit

Yes. I replaced my square gate with an octagonal one thinking it would benefit my execution, but not only was I wrong, I also lost the old gate!

While on the sticks topic, my HP button appears to have died on me. Is 30mm the standard size for arcade stick buttons? Might as well replace all of them with some Sanwa parts if I'm gonna be doing one.

Shouta

Man, I think I'm done with this online. I lost 55 straight to Teknopathetic and I could barely do anything at all. The frame drops/teleporting is fucking me up too much. I've never lost this bad even in SSFIV AE at the Japanese arcades. Just missing blocks, punishes, and seeing shit teleport on to me is killing me. Gonna give it a few days and come back to it.

To Tek's credit though, his Rolento and Julia are pretty mean shit.

AAK

Okay... damn, Kazuya is MONSTROUS... So many of his moves have invincibility! He can seriously just wake up EWGF me while I'm doing a Pinwheel on him to chip him out and he always prevails! And even his qcb+P strings for some reason would go through so many of my attacks. Need to do more research about this and figure out how to counter him.

Sayah

Okay... damn, Kazuya is MONSTROUS... So many of his moves have invincibility! He can seriously just wake up EWGF me while I'm doing a Pinwheel on him to chip him out and he always prevails! And even his qcb+P strings for some reason would go through so many of my attacks. Need to do more research about this and figure out how to counter him.

Kazuya has been pretty deadly from the few good Kazuya players I've faced. But nothing is bothering me more than shoryuken's right now.

AAK

This is just from facing Kazuya on Mission 14 I'm realizing this. Assuming players one day get the execution and reflexes like the computer, he's just going to be devastating.

Man, I think I'm done with this online. I lost 55 straight to Teknopathetic and I could barely do anything at all. The frame drops/teleporting is fucking me up too much. I've never lost this bad even in SSFIV AE at the Japanese arcades. Just missing blocks, punishes, and seeing shit teleport on to me is killing me. Gonna give it a few days and come back to it.

The online prevented me from buying the game.

DRE Fei

Kazuya is awesome. The main weakness of EWGF is the lower body vulnerability, but it's mad safe on block. He hits like a truck and his jump arc seems faster than most, plus he has frame traps for days.

What is EWGF?

Sayah

This is just from facing Kazuya on Mission 14 I'm realizing this. Assuming players one day get the execution and reflexes like the computer, he's just going to be devastating.

I was going to pick him up but I don't like the dashing I have to do with him before doing certain moves. It's the same reason I don't use him in Tekken.

The online prevented me from buying the game.

The online sound glitch seemed to be the most annoying thing ever when I first started playing but after a few days of online gaming, I'm mostly used to it and it's not nearly as bothersome.

What is EWGF?

Electric Wind God Fist. It's the signature launcher for Heihachi/Kazuya/Jin.

SupaNaab

Just finished all the trials. I cannot believe Capcom is still alienating new players by having no playback mechanic in the trials (especially when the replay feature already exists). There is at least 3 or 4 trials that require walking while the dummy is in hitstun (which is never explained to the player) and a handful that really shouldn't be attempted without charging a CH first (unless you hate life).

Overall, extremely surprised how different the Tekken characters really are. I worry how many stances will be effective outside of combos, though. I strongly suggest people pick up more Tekken characters. The Tekken casts inherent execution difficulties will hard-wire you to become a better player. Any Gen player will immediately fall in love with much of the Tekken cast. As a Viper player throughout all of SFIV though, there simply is no replacing her abusive nature.

AAK

What is EWGF?

Electric Wind God Fist, f,n,d,d/f+mp

I was going to pick him up but I don't like the dashing I have to do with him before doing certain moves. It's the same reason I don't use him in Tekken.

His wavedash in this game is 100x easier than in Tekken LOL, once you get the first dash the input for the following ones are really lenient. I'd say give it a shot ;) It's a real RUSH!

Ono tweeted less than an hour ago:
We're making preparation for announcement SFxTK's online patches. Plz wait it news soon. Check to Unity or official web site.

Sayah

His wavedash in this game is 100x easier than in Tekken LOL, once you get the first dash the input for the following ones are really lenient. I'd say give it a shot ;) It's a real RUSH!

I am still looking for a second character so I'll try him again. Probably will complement Nina better anyway.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

hgGrt.gif

We're making preparation for announcement SFxTK's online patches. Plz wait it news soon. Check to Unity or official web site.

good

Edit: spent my time playing ssx tonight. Will get back in the lab tomorrow.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would like to say that all my online matches have been pretty much flawless latency wise.

AAK

Something is bugging me about this.... Aside from the sound the matches have been good. I'd love for an improvement, but I'm scared they're going to change something to fix the sound but compromise the latency.

Shouta

Don't quit, I was that bad at one point as well :p

Definitely not a matter of being bad for me. I've been playing with the FGC and in Japan (before moving back to the US) for a long time. I'm not great but I can still win matches at a decent clip or at least bring matches down to the wire. The most I've ever lost in a row in any game is like 15. Otherwise, i still get wins every 1 in 6-7 even in a game I suck at. But 55 in a row is a first for me. But Tek's been practicing pretty hard it seems so gotta give him some props.

I still got Gundam so his win streak is just payback for that. =P

sleepykyo

Something is bugging me about this.... Aside from the sound the matches have been good. I'd love for an improvement, but I'm scared they're going to change something to fix the sound but compromise the latency.

Ditto. I'm still not sold on the smoothness of the netcode, but I'll take the current iteration over sound plus increased lag and rollbacks.

TGMIII

God damn juri is so much more effort than rufus or heihachi but I know shes a beast.

The JP blog already said that's what's going to happen, which is shit because I think the online is pretty good right now. Maybe they'll fix the sound and somehow have it not affect the online much but this is CAPCPOM we're dealing with here.

I asked this in the other thread but can't remember if it was ever answered, so Ill ask again. Would it be feasible to just redo the sound bitrates and redistribute it as a DD. I would rather have my fighters as DD titles anyway since I always go back to them, but would this really work? I know it would be massive for a simple patch, but maybe that could be one solution?

Teknoman

The online sound glitch seemed to be the most annoying thing ever when I first started playing but after a few days of online gaming, I'm mostly used to it and it's not nearly as bothersome.

Yeah it's annoying and can mess you up at times, but its hardly a reason to miss out. Even more so since i'm sure it's fixable.

EDIT: It might have an effect on latency, but hopefully it wont be too noticeable.

Top Bottom