• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Nose Master

"Oh and Tek did you learn anything from watching my shitty julia at all? T.T I'm pretty inconsistent right now with some stuff but I already got her gameplan down for the most part."

Yep.

"The phrasing of crush is just strange, didn't know it was a Tekken thing. I imagine it means the same thing as it does in Tekken, considering the awkward mid meaning overhead terminology they adopted. "

It's not really awkward. Overhead got the meaning it got in 2D games because most attacks that hit crouching opponents have an "over head" animation where someone's animation has them swinging down on you.

While there are some animations like that in 3D games, especially in Soul Calibur, quite a lot of them are just "mid" level animations.

I'm just used to the attacks being labeled as one would block it, which doesn't make perfect sense, tbh. High attacks you have to block high, mid is either, low is low.

Toski

My problem isn't with the sound dropping out, its when the sound drops out combined with the massive hitsparks.

There was a Guile that tried to cross me up, I blocked it but the sound effects dropped as soon as he hit and I couldn't tell if I blocked or was hit due to the hitsparks being too damn big.

Man, I think I'm done with this online. I lost 55 straight to Teknopathetic and I could barely do anything at all. The frame drops/teleporting is fucking me up too much. I've never lost this bad even in SSFIV AE at the Japanese arcades. Just missing blocks, punishes, and seeing shit teleport on to me is killing me. Gonna give it a few days and come back to it.

To Tek's credit though, his Rolento and Julia are pretty mean shit.
And this guy wanted a scrubs lobby to body our shit. :(

njean777

MAn I worked myself up to like 460 BP, after today, I am back at 160 something. This game just really pisses me off sometimes, but I will continue my crawl from the bottom.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
My problem isn't with the sound dropping out, its when the sound drops out combined with the massive hitsparks.

There was a Guile that tried to cross me up, I blocked it but the sound effects dropped as soon as he hit and I couldn't tell if I blocked or was hit due to the hitsparks being too damn big.
Yeah, hitsparks mixed with glowing from gems mixed with no sound makes it so I have no idea if I blocked when a Juri or Ibuki is doing insane shit or on ambiguous crossups. :(

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ricky made a good point.If you enable cross assault the real benefit occurs when one of the characters leaves the screen.

During cross assault the life bars are combined. After completion the health is split equally. Meaning, if you have a character with a whole bar of health and one with near zero you will end up with 2 characters that have 50%. This is a good way to essentially make an almost dead character useful again.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ricky made a good point.If you enable cross assault the real benefit occurs when one of the characters leaves the screen.

During cross assault the life bars are combined. After completion the health is split equally. Meaning, if you have a character with a whole bar of health and one with near zero you will end up with 2 characters that have 50%. This is a good way to essentially make an almost dead character useful again.

That's awesome!

Shouta

You play on a pad, Q?

Noticed your tag when we were playing.

I play on a pad too myself. I have no problems executing stuff most of the time and it feels more comfortable. I even played MvC2 on a pad, that got me wtfs back in the day. Shitty pad Sentinel ftw.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wouldn't go as far as that but she's good.

No I ment the way she's played not how good she is.

I play on a pad too myself. I have no problems executing stuff most of the time and it feels more comfortable. I even played MvC2 on a pad, that got me wtfs back in the day. Shitty pad Sentinel ftw.

I loved tekken 5's arcade cabinets how they had a ps2 pad port. So many people gave me weird looks, then I got a 32 win streak with the name "TouchMyWang" only reason I lost was cause I really needed to pee xD I even got a death threat that day!

That tekken machine was forever ruined til they reset the rankings by having that at the number one spot hahaha. :*( Wang was so beastly in T5.0 after that he ... well became kinda shitty

LakeEarth

Julia = new version of 3s chunli

Oh okay, maybe that's what I was doing wrong, trying to get in too hard. Don't rush down. Build meter, use meter to constantly smack people away. Makes sense.

I got myself a bible today. Really impressive stuff. I can see this helping me figure out which Tekken characters I like faster.

nHDR

Banned
Okkkkk, I really put some hard work into this one. Its a video of a bunch of Akuma combos. It is remixed with an AWESOME Tekken track I found through someone else.

If you're a fan of Street Fighter, Akuma, Tekken, or amazing gaming music, JUST WATCH! I just want people out there to enjoy this, I really enjoyed making it. I did my best to give it a high-quality feel and presentation.

SFxTK Akuma Combos Compilation!

kiryogi

Banned
Ive always found Tek to be one of PSN FightGAF's solid players, so I don't think it's any surprise he's one of the steamrollers. I suck but from what I've seen, he holds he own very well all across.

Unfortunately, I'm only good at shit games. These games are fun and all, but they're too clean and I start to lose my mind. I need infinite blockstrings and super armor and instant air dashes and full screen punish supers.

For some reason, though, I really really like Virtua Fighter. 2nd only to Jojo's and probably Marvel 3.

LowParry

Julia/Lili is my definitely my team now.

It's a real fun team however there's something missing with the team that I can't place on understanding. I want to say damage but for how many Kaz folk online I've been up against, I should probably draw that up as Kaz Powah.

Caj814

Been messing with Julia/King since day one and starting to get a feel for them now along with trying to come up with some more synergy between them with tag in's.

Morris

Disco Devil
Ive always found Tek to be one of PSN FightGAF's solid players, so I don't think it's any surprise he's one of the steamrollers. I suck but from what I've seen, he holds he own very well all across.

I got BODIED by Tek on day 1, but after those matches I had with him on a PSN Lobby, I finally felt like I could stand my own against him.

Wouldn't mind doing some long sets with you, Tek :p

I need a runback with Bob White too, now that I think about it...

Imm0rt4l

Played this game a bit today, running law on point and I realize I really don't use meter, like at all. Law builds meter really well, but most my meter usage is for ryu who is expendable(looking to play someone else). I think I need a meter hog second for law who builds metere nicely. But at the same time I need someone who has both a good aa(law has none) and someone who doesn't get outzoned too easily.

Unfortunately, I'm only good at shit games. These games are fun and all, but they're too clean and I start to lose my mind. I need infinite blockstrings and super armor and instant air dashes and full screen punish supers.

For some reason, though, I really really like Virtua Fighter. 2nd only to Jojo's and probably Marvel 3.

I was thinking about getting Virtua Fighter 5: FS if its $20 :eek:

Played this game a bit today, running law on point and I realize I really don't use meter, like at all. Law builds meter really well, but most my meter usage is for ryu who is expendable(looking to play someone else). I think I need a meter hog second for law who builds metere nicely. But at the same time I need someone who has both a good aa(law has none) and someone who doesn't get outzoned too easily.
Kazuya might be a good choice.

I got completely and utterly bodied by a hardcore rushdown Cammy/Ibuki team (3000 bp).

None of marduk's normals made it out without getting counter hitted.

ALL my air grabs did not reach Ibuki. Her jump is so awkward. I raged so hard. What do you do against them with a slower character?

I did a bit better with ryu but that isn't saying much.

Nose Master

Was liking Hugo a bit after futzing with his trials... but man, is it an entirely different game when you're actually in a fight. Gettin in with that monster is absurd if they have any semblance of a clue as to what they're doing, and his reversals for fighting crossups seem meh at best. Easy to get overwhelmed by pressure, with the only real options being EX grab or EX clothesline.

Right now I'm mostly just playing Poison, and fumbling around with Hugo (to absorb damage and deal a bit) while she regains some health. I need to find a solid second. I wish Cody was out :(.

I think I'll give him and jin a try.

Great. There is this Kazuya combo that does tons of damage if you got at least 1 meter.
Cr. Mp > Cr. HP xx LP Slaughter Hook > Cr. HP xx EX Slaughter Hook > Cr. HP xx Demon God fist

or if you had the meter do Super. Especially with a power Gem activated.

sleepykyo

No I ment the way she's played not how good she is.

I loved tekken 5's arcade cabinets how they had a ps2 pad port. So many people gave me weird looks, then I got a 32 win streak with the name "TouchMyWang" only reason I lost was cause I really needed to pee xD I even got a death threat that day!

That tekken machine was forever ruined til they reset the rankings by having that at the number one spot hahaha. :*( Wang was so beastly in T5.0 after that he ... well became kinda shitty
So crouching low mk‚ pre-input Iron Mountain then complete upon hit confirmation repeated ad naseum (sp)?

SFxT has a 6 frame reversal window which I think is shorter than sf4. Wasn't sf4 like 13 frames?

SF4 has 4 frame reversal windows iirc. If that went up to 6 or even 13 frames then that would be something else.
o_O

Also wow Tekken character sure love these + frames on block/hit for their jabs.

Ogre's jab is +2 on block and Paul has +5? Wheeeeee

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApPlWhz-bEuHdDM2blEydzhDY1BJOC1Qdm9mZ09yRlE#gid=73

This will be fun.

Top Bottom