• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Arozay

Zaro: it's not really a spooky reference, but an Arturo reference since we've been friends for over a decade. It's subtle though, as all good references should be :D

Sounds cool, Arturo killing eSports through win-quotes.

kodecraft

My handiwork is in SFIV/SSFIV, Marvel and Phoenix Wright, so I think it's safe to say you'll see my stuff in future games too ;)

Zaro: it's not really a spooky reference, but an Arturo reference since we've been friends for over a decade. It's subtle though, as all good references should be :D

So cool.

Sblargh

Banned
I think I'll buy the soundtrack to this even tho I don't think I would ever hear any of these songs out of this context.

Teknoman

I had another scare the other night after trying to log into my email (msn) and it gave me a password warning. Nothing has happened to any of my accounts so far...but this is getting out of hand (especially since the same stuff has been going on since a few months ago).

EDIT: Is the soundtrack closer to SFIV, Tekken series, or something totally different (the new tracks made for TvC english version)?

Vaporizer

Banned
i am so stoked for this game. I love both fighting series. King's death cradle time!

This and twisted metal will keep me busy for the forseable future

zlatko

Banned
I had another scare the other night after trying to log into my email (msn) and it gave me a password warning. Nothing has happened to any of my accounts so far...but this is getting out of hand (especially since the same stuff has been going on since a few months ago).

EDIT: Is the soundtrack closer to SFIV, Tekken series, or something totally different (the new tracks made for TvC english version)?

Yeah it's a common problem at this point, and an issue that should be being blown up by the gaming journalists, but yeah why cover an actual thing worth discussion when you can make a top 10 list of bustiest girl in games right?

I'm never putting anything on my xbox account anymore for doing reoccuring billing anymore. I'll stick with prepaid cards.

DarkSloth

For people going to the SfxT launch event, without VIP tickets, what time are you guys planning on lining up? They've had other similar events right? Wondering how fast the line fillled up.

Teknoman

Yeah it's a common problem at this point, and an issue that should be being blown up by the gaming journalists, but yeah why cover an actual thing worth discussion when you can make a top 10 list of bustiest girl in games right?

I'm never putting anything on my xbox account anymore for doing reoccuring billing anymore. I'll stick with prepaid cards.

Same here. Amazon codes or prepaid cards...same with the next system too.

Yuripaw

Banned
I'll probably be picking this up on PS3 next week if anyone wants to add me. With this and ME3 coming out on the same day though, they're both gonna be fighting over my time. I'm not really great at fighting games, but I really enjoy playing them. I only have a fightpad, and not an arcade stick. So if anyone else casually enjoys fighting games as much as I do, please feel free to add me on PSN.

PSN: Ockman

For people going to the SfxT launch event, without VIP tickets, what time are you guys planning on lining up? They've had other similar events right? Wondering how fast the line fillled up.

Go as early as you can. If you show up an hour or two early you will be shocked by the line and risk not getting in. It gets really packed. I been to one launch even and a few fight clubs. They tend to hand out wristbands for the really really early people(around noonish?). You can usually leave for a few hours and comeback if you have a wrist band. But yeah just get there as early as you can and prepare to stand in line.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
And so......

Thank you for ordering from the Capcom Online Store on February 25, 2012.

Good News! This is your confirmation that the following product(s) have shipped.

Sounds like I might be on that URLEYYYY train.

Damn, I got lucky with MvC3 and UMvC3, but still haven't received confirmation from the Capcom shop. If I don't get anything from them tomorrow, gonna have to cancel.

I do notice that it says my invoice will be ready "in a few hours" though...don't know if that means anything, but fingers crossed!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The irony is that prepaid cards are cheaper anyway.

But yeah, I'm not using my CC for any transactions whatsoever on XBL now.

Teknoman

I'll probably be picking this up on PS3 next week if anyone wants to add me. With this and ME3 coming out on the same day though, they're both gonna be fighting over my time. I'm not really great at fighting games, but I really enjoy playing them. I only have a fightpad, and not an arcade stick. So if anyone else casually enjoys fighting games as much as I do, please feel free to add me on PSN.

PSN: Ockman

I'm on 360 for this one, but you'll have tons of fun with psn scrub gaf i'm sure.

Yuripaw

Banned
I'm on 360 for this one, but you'll have tons of fun with psn scrub gaf i'm sure.

Yeah, I saw that. I don't have an xbox 360 atm, but even if I did, I've usually gone with PS3 for fighting games. Why are you going with xbox? Missing out on the extra characters. Don't you wanna play as Capcom's stupid "fuck you MM fans" version of Mega Man?

DarkSloth

Go as early as you can. If you show up an hour or two early you will be shocked by the line and risk not getting in. It gets really packed. I been to one launch even and a few fight clubs. They tend to hand out wristbands for the really really early people(around noonish?). You can usually leave for a few hours and comeback if you have a wrist band. But yeah just get there as early as you can and prepare to stand in line.

Thanks. The wristbands sound like a good idea, hopefully I can get one of those. I was scared I'd be stuck there, starving the whole day.

Teknoman

Yeah, I saw that. I don't have an xbox 360 atm, but even if I did, I've usually gone with PS3 for fighting games. Why are you going with xbox? Missing out on the extra characters. Don't you wanna play as Capcom's stupid "fuck you MM fans" version of Mega Man?

Long story short, back when SFIV released, I ended up getting the 360 version since my co-workers only had 360s. From there I snagged a Mad Catz SE fight stick, and 360 has been my fighting system since then. I had the chance to change up, but ended up selling the stick and getting a good deal on a Real Arcade Pro VX SA.

Only fighting games I still play on PS3 now are those i'm better at with a pad (Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, and in the future Tekken Tag 2, Persona, and Guilty Gear).

Yuripaw

Banned
Long story short, back when SFIV released, I ended up getting the 360 version since my co-workers only had 360s. From there I snagged a Mad Catz SE fight stick, and 360 has been my fighting system since then. I had the chance to change up, but ended up selling the stick and getting a good deal on a Real Arcade Pro VX SA.

Only fighting games I still play on PS3 now are those i'm better at with a pad (Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, and in the future Tekken Tag 2, Persona, and Guilty Gear).
XBox%20360%20to%20PS3%20Controller%20Adapter%20.jpg

If you ever wanna make use of your 360 controllers on the PS3, I recommend one of these. I picked one up, because I seem to have an easier time finding 360 pads/sticks, and for cheaper, and it works great.

Plus, all the fightpads on PS3 were wireless, and while that might seem nice at first, it really sucked when my receiver stopped working for no reason, and I couldn't replace it. I prefer having all the wired fightpads for the 360 now.

zlatko

Banned
The irony is that prepaid cards are cheaper anyway.

But yeah, I'm not using my CC for any transactions whatsoever on XBL now.

It's also shady that if you opt to stop them from billing anymore, that all of the sudden you will see fantastic deals not available to you on dashboard for Live. A common one is a new month for only $1.00, or 3 months for just $9.99, yet you'll never see these if you are a sucker to keep it turned on to bill you every month. :/

I won't let even TriForce himself stand in my way of SFxT come Tuesday though. I just hate that if it comes down to me making a new Gamertag to enjoy the game until the account lock is lifted, that I'll lost out on all potential friends/gaffers I can play with from my old account, I'll have to make a less awesome tag for myself, and lose things I've unlocked/bought on that old tag. Plus not to mention the things I'll unlock for SFxT from playing it will be gone if I do decide to go back to my hacked ID. :(

I'm kind of nervous to be honest.

I really hope I can enjoy this game. If I could sum up my fighting game history, I didn't like fighters like Street Fighter because I found them to be too complicated and I'd just button mash. With the release of SFIV, my friends were all hyped, but I had no interest since I didn't like any of the characters. When Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was released, I bought the arcade stick and learned how to execute attacks properly...but unfortunately, the game was very unpopular and the online sucked. SSFIV finally gave me a character I liked (Ibuki) but with the 1 frame links, I felt like I couldn't do what I wanted to do no matter how hard I tried. Then Marvel came out and I was drawn to it since I was used to the whole A-B-C-D thing (thanks to learning TvC). With the addition of Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, I was happy but to tell the truth, Marvel is way too stressful. There's way too much happening on the screen and I'm pretty sure a game that's less speedy is more for me. The only reason I continue to play it is because I love Hsien-Ko, the Ace Attorney series and the Okami series.

So now we get to this game. Capcom's gone all out with promotion and I'm swept into the hype wave. (Although to be honest, if Ibuki and Xiaoyu were not in the roster, I'd have zero interest in this game.) I was never against the gem system, in fact I love it. I love the idea of everyone having their own personal options for their characters. Of course, there's still 3 kicks, 3 punches and links which I have to get used to...and I know that links are still in present. I'd really love to become passionate about this game though. I love the Super Smash Brothers series and the two Naruto games a lot, so if I could develop a similar love for Street Fighter x Tekken, I'd be seriously happy.

Really excited about this game. Glad to know there's a wired version of the fightpad available for PS3 this time around. Will hopefully get it along with my copy.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
XBox%20360%20to%20PS3%20Controller%20Adapter%20.jpg

If you ever wanna make use of your 360 controllers on the PS3, I recommend one of these. I picked one up, because I seem to have an easier time finding 360 pads/sticks, and for cheaper, and it works great.

Plus, all the fightpads on PS3 were wireless, and while that might seem nice at first, it really sucked when my receiver stopped working for no reason, and I couldn't replace it. I prefer having all the wired fightpads for the 360 now.

Whats the latency imposed on the signal with this?

Skilletor

I really, really, really, really, really don't get this mentality that one frame links are in the way of playing a character. Especially one like Ibuki with target combos and other more practical links. I mean, I guess if you're trying to be Sako, but that applies to like .001% of people playing. It really confuses me, like everybody in the world has to do the hardest combos to be competitive.

Teknoman

I'm kind of nervous to be honest.

I really hope I can enjoy this game. If I could sum up my fighting game history, I didn't like fighters like Street Fighter because I found them to be too complicated and I'd just button mash. With the release of SFIV, my friends were all hyped, but I had no interest since I didn't like any of the characters. When Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was released, I bought the arcade stick and learned how to execute attacks properly...but unfortunately, the game was very unpopular and the online sucked. SSFIV finally gave me a character I liked (Ibuki) but with the 1 frame links, I felt like I couldn't do what I wanted to do no matter how hard I tried. Then Marvel came out and I was drawn to it since I was used to the whole A-B-C-D thing (thanks to learning TvC). With the addition of Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, I was happy but to tell the truth, Marvel is way too stressful. There's way too much happening on the screen and I'm pretty sure a game that's less speedy is more for me. The only reason I continue to play it is because I love Hsien-Ko, the Ace Attorney series and the Okami series.

So now we get to this game. Capcom's gone all out with promotion and I'm swept into the hype wave. (Although to be honest, if Ibuki and Xiaoyu were not in the roster, I'd have zero interest in this game.) I was never against the gem system, in fact I love it. I love the idea of everyone having their own personal options for their characters. Of course, there's still 3 kicks, 3 punches and links which I have to get used to...and I know that links are still in present. I'd really love to become passionate about this game though. I love the Super Smash Brothers series and the two Naruto games a lot, so if I could develop a similar love for Street Fighter x Tekken, I'd be seriously happy.

Just fight as well as you can and have fun with it. Just remember back in the SNES/Genesis days, some people would just jump kick all over the place and still have fun. I can understand your point of view as far as Marvel goes (I felt the speed of the earlier VS games was fast enough).

I really, really, really, really, really don't get this mentality that one frame links are in the way of playing a character. Especially one like Ibuki with target combos and other more practical links. I mean, I guess if you're trying to be Sako, but that applies to like .001% of people playing. It really confuses me, like everybody in the world has to do the hardest combos to be competitive.

True words. SSF4 was all about the footsies and Option Selects. You could've known rad combos, but landing a hit with good use of footsies/oki was always the biggest part.

kingslunk

Does anyone know of stores that are keen to selling the game early? I have no problem scouting like 10 7 11s if this is possible.

notworksafe

Nothing for Texas yet :(

Is there a specific way to ask without coming off like a douche when trying to get a game early?

Just ask for PMs/info in about early drops in Texas...might specify which part of the state as well. I wouldn't expect much until Friday. A lot of stores get new game shipments on that day (at least around here).

kingslunk

Just ask for PMs/info in about early drops in Texas...might specify which part of the state as well. I wouldn't expect much until Friday. A lot of stores get new game shipments on that day (at least around here).

I meant going into a store and trying to find someone who will break release date.

notworksafe

I meant going into a store and trying to find someone who will break release date.

Oh...well just call up local shops and ask if they have it for sale. No real trick to it. Don't expect a Gamestop/Target/Walmart chain type store to sell it early though. Their computers usually stop them from even ringing it up.

SoulFist

People getting the game early is always the worst part about waiting for fighting games. I want to play so bad. When someone gets the game early my jealousy gem activates and increases my envy stat by 10%.

zlatko

Banned

I got SSF4 urley for 20 extra bucks I think when it was coming out. 5 days urley, and I ended up being in IGN and Giantbomb's video reviews as an online opponent. /stealth brag

Too bad I was hella fraaaaay, and so it's just me getting bodied while mashing with Cody. :p

I'd want an urley copy of SFxT too, but if it isn't collectors edition it doesn't matter to me to get it urley honestly. I want all dem gems.

goldensun

If anyone in SoCal finds a place let me know (anywhere near L.A.) (I asked in the srk thread too).

Really looking forward to this game. Ryan Hart's Raven loops w/ (cr H?) got me hype to play him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got SSF4 urley for 20 extra bucks I think when it was coming out. 5 days urley, and I ended up being in IGN and Giantbomb's video reviews as an online opponent. /stealth brag

Too bad I was hella fraaaaay, and so it's just me getting bodied while mashing with Cody. :p

I'd want an urley copy of SFxT too, but if it isn't collectors edition it doesn't matter to me to get it urley honestly. I want all dem gems.

I'm saving my dangerous city wide urlien rampage for Tekken Tag 2

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
PSN: Grizzlyjin
Region: Pennsylvania

Gem City! The hype is rising in me.

Ummm........ Just hypothetically speaking of course, I just happened to go against everything I have previously said about not buying this game and gave into temptation, what would be the difference between the special edition available on Europe and the is collectors edition? Just asking out of interest cus yanno.........principles and all that......

zlatko

Banned
Ummm........ Just hypothetically speaking of course, I just happened to go against everything I have previously said about not buying this game and gave into temptation, what would be the difference between the special edition available on Europe and the is collectors edition? Just asking out of interest cus yanno.........principles and all that......

One of us. One of us. One of us.

#illuminati

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The only reason I continue to play it is because I love Hsien-Ko, the Ace Attorney series and the Okami series.

As a fellow Hsien-Ko fan, I'm sorry! ;)

I think Capcom is really trying to make sure this game has something for someone who feels as you do. Wheither they succeed or not is questionable, haha. But I do think the "party" elements (2 v 2, 4 players at the same time) and gem stuff will make it easier for you to say "I can have fun with this game on my own terms!" than default MvC3 or SFIV.

Skilletor said:

Yeah, Ibuki is one of those where I'd think you'd have more to fall back on.
I'd agree with your confusion, back in the old-school fighter days. Before internet, GGPO, when all I had to fight were the people in the arcades. I can barely EVER remember seeing serious link usage, glitches, or exploits. I barely ever remember seeing people string 2 medium punches into a special, or even play real footsies.

But now, everythings a lot more demanding. You rarely ever see a Balrog player that fought like SuperYan just did on Cross Assault, just about every one of them is turtle-crazy, and can link those super-jabs into insane damage when they need it. Most players know a vortex here, or solid dizzy combos derived by 1 combo + 50/50. You can play 10s of matches VS one opponent, and yet still feel severely outclassed by someone else in a few minutes. The amount of skilled players on-tap is much more universal than it used to be.

If a person wants to do the "fun stuff" or "cool combos", and all of that is hidden away behind difficult tech, it really sours the early experiences.

True words. SSF4 was all about the footsies and Option Selects. You could've known rad combos, but landing a hit with good use of footsies/oki was always the biggest part.

None of which is very appealing to the starting player. You probably have to be intermediate to even consider those things the "fun" parts of the game.

TreIII

My handiwork is in SFIV/SSFIV, Marvel and Phoenix Wright, so I think it's safe to say you'll see my stuff in future games too ;)

Good. Hopefully, whatever Ono is cooking up next, you'll be a part of that!

Skilletor

None of which is very appealing to the starting player. You probably have to be intermediate to even consider those things the "fun" parts of the game.

And the people who think games are all combos and spend time just learning those 1-frame links aren't going to get very far with this mentality. I don't give a damn if you can do amazing combos if you're not good enough to apply a strategy to land it. Just because somebody can do it on the internet doesn't mean you have to be able to. I run in to plenty of scrubs on XBL/PSN who are just like those people in the arcade days of yore wanting to throw fireballs and act like an old Kris Kross song was a tutorial on how to play SF.

I guess I'm just old. lol

Hopefully its in NYC tomorrow so I can get it while I'm out. Keep hearing tomorrow or Friday.

Are we having PSN GAf chat for this?

Top Bottom