• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

impact

Banned
Odds are the K-Mart nearby has put these out already, but I shall resist; I've had the CE pre-ordered from Amazon for two months. Full disclosure: used $30 in Amazon credit towards it, lol defeating the Gem Tax.

Do they normally do this or is it just the one near you?

Am I the only one who was on board from the beginning?

For me it was a roller coaster ride, at first I was excited and hyped but then they introduced gems and I just completely lost interest because I had no faith in Capcom making the gems balanced, then Worstgeifever showed it off at WGC and it won me back, then cross assault came and my hype went through the roof.

ShinAmano

For me it was a roller coaster ride, at first I was excited and hyped but then they introduced gems and I just completely lost interest because I had no faith in Capcom making the gems balanced, then Worstgeifever showed it off at WGC and it won me back, then cross assault came and my hype went through the roof.

I was tepid about the gems, but never thought they would be a big deal.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I believe that is Prime only. Q, if you have access to a .edu email address you can get Prime for free through Amazon Student and upgrade to release day shipping.

I have prime. That's what I'm using, still dont see it.

FREE Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
FREE Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
$3.99/item One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

notworksafe

I have prime. That's what I'm using, still dont see it.

FREE Standard Shipping (3-5 business days)
FREE Two-Day Shipping (2 business days)
$3.99/item One-Day Shipping (1 business day)

The paper arcade machine must be too heavy to ship quickly. Either that or all those gems are weighing down the package. :eek:

Makoto

Nah, for some reason Amazon doesn't have release-day shipping for the PS3 version of the Special Edition. It does however, have it for the 360 version.

And so......

Thank you for ordering from the Capcom Online Store on February 25, 2012.

Good News! This is your confirmation that the following product(s) have shipped.

Sounds like I might be on that URLEYYYY train.

"And so......

Good News! This is your confirmation that the following product(s) have shipped.

Sounds like I might be on that URLEYYYY train."

Capcom store?

Good luck, I hope you get it...sometime.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
And so......

Damn, I'm just going to start ordering direct from now on I swear -.-

Judderman

drawer by drawer
And so......

Holy shit, someone ordered from the Capcom Store. You are brave.

vocab

I believe that is Prime only. Q, if you have access to a .edu email address you can get Prime for free through Amazon Student and upgrade to release day shipping.

It's not prime only. It's 99 cents. Or it was when I preordered a couple of days ago.

edit: oh you mean the CE. Ya, I heard the release date option is gone for that. Sorry Q.

"And so......

Sounds like I might be on that URLEYYYY train."

Capcom store?

Good luck, I hope you get it...sometime.

People were getting UMVC3 copies a week and a half early from the Capcom store.

I'll most likely get it by this weekend.

Ra1den

So what kind of tournament legs do you guys think this will have? Theoretically a crossover of the two biggest fighting games should be mega popular, but I feel like the long term appeal is limited for some reason, even if it is an excellent game.

vocab

So what kind of tournament legs do you guys think this will have? Theoretically a crossover of the two biggest fighting games should be mega popular, but I feel like the long term appeal is limited for some reason, even if it is an excellent game.

The biggest problems right now is the gem selection process. It will make CVS2 tournaments seem shorter in comparison.

The biggest problems right now is the gem selection process. It will make CVS2 tournaments seem shorter in comparison.

we gotta see how the tournament mode patch works. The idea sounds great if it doesn't pan out there is always the default loadout. But that would kinda suck IMO.

If it's a good game and the community likes it it won't be going anywhere till SFV. Not sure why you think otherwise.

kewlmyc

Like what vocab said, it's all about how they handle the gem selection process. As seen on the first few days of Cross Assault, picking gems for your gem set up takes place on an entire different menu. The process could take up several minutes. If Capcom made it so that you could customize your gems from the character select screen or had a way to transfer your gem setups via USB port, the process would be faster and better.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
we gotta see how the tournament mode patch works. The idea sounds great if it doesn't pan out there is always the default loadout. But that would kinda suck IMO.

If it's a good game and the community likes it it won't be going anywhere till SFV. Not sure why you think otherwise.

Hopefully they add replays with that patch, ala SF4. its unacceptable to have no replays these days =/

TheOGB

Banned
Like what vocab said, it's all about how they handle the gem selection process. As seen on the first few days of Cross Assault, picking gems for your gem set up takes place on an entire different menu. The process could take up several minutes. If Capcom made it so that you could customize your gems from the character select screen or had a way to transfer your gem setups via USB port, the process would be faster and better.
Isn't that almost the plan exactly?

I thought this was talked about in the video with Ono playing with 2 or 3 other people and the losers had to eat Devil fruit or something

I have prime and there was no release date delivery on the CE.
I had to bust out my discover card to get free overnight per their promotion.

TheBear

Is this a bit more slow paced like SFIV or crazy like MVC3? I loved SFIV but MVC3 lost me with all the crazy fast paced shit.

kodecraft

Is this a bit more slow paced like SFIV or crazy like MVC3? I loved SFIV but MVC3 lost me with all the crazy fast paced shit.

Haha, this is more SFIV speed I have never been into the MVC games myself just a bunch of fast paced crazy ish going on the screen at once, do not and never have wanted.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
And so......

367N9.gif

I will NEVER order from the capcom store again after the MVC3 fiasco. Never.

Isn't that almost the plan exactly?

I thought this was talked about in the video with Ono playing with 2 or 3 other people and the losers had to eat Devil fruit or something

Yeah. We still need more info though. We don't know if the usb will simply carry a set up or if it will carry the gems. What happens if we plug in our flashdrive to a console which doesn't have the pre order gems we do?

Stuff like that isn't known yet.

TheOGB

Banned
I would hope it carries all the gem data and all the settings you have for each character or what have you.

It probably doesn't/couldn't work like that, but hey

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
haha the localization team did a good job with this one.

Dan (in tutorial mode talking about boost combos): "It's easy to do and feels good, man."

You're welcome. ;)

I tried to make the tutorial as entertaining as humanly possible because I know that text-based tutorials can get boring if they're just by the numbers. There are more references and jokes in the tutorial than in any other area of the game. :D

TreIII

You're welcome. ;)

I tried to make the tutorial as entertaining as humanly possible because I know that text-based tutorials can get boring if they're just by the numbers. There are more references and jokes in the tutorial than in any other area of the game. :D

Going by what I've seen and heard?

...Is there any chance that Capcom might commission you again in the future? 8D

Arozay

You're welcome. ;)

Is there really a Spooky reference in one of the win quotes? I remember hearing something about it being Raven related.

d0c_zaius

You're welcome. ;)

wow this was your handywork?!? Its already given people around here a good amount of laughs. Thanks for all your effort!

DAN RAPPING OMG

TheOGB

Banned
You're welcome. ;)

You are one cool customer, Oichi.

And I am envious of your tag

d0c_zaius

How is the tutorial? I haven't found them very helpful in the past.

It's good. I think it'll be a good way for newer players and SFxT noobs to catch on to the new mechanics and systems. Plus its written in a nice, humorous way so that it doesnt feel like you are just doing number after number of random objectives. For example (although unrelated to the humor):

in the throw break tutorial, if you try to mash it or your timing is way off, kazuya will jump around and try to bait you into making a mistake. It was pretty interesting to see a tutorial AI say "no you cannot scrub your way through this".

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Going by what I've seen and heard?

...Is there any chance that Capcom might commission you again in the future? 8D

My handiwork is in SFIV/SSFIV, Marvel and Phoenix Wright, so I think it's safe to say you'll see my stuff in future games too ;)

Zaro: it's not really a spooky reference, but an Arturo reference since we've been friends for over a decade. It's subtle though, as all good references should be :D

zlatko

Banned
Ran the ringer today with my account hacking situation.

Stayed up last night to 11:30PM even though I had to be up at 6:30AM for work. Couldn't reach Msoft on chat for w/e reason. Changed tons of passwords. Had to contact my bank, had to contact PayPal, and Msoft.

No reply yet from PayPal, and my bank are MORONS.

Msoft? Actually helpful. Talked to them for a while, and my account is now locked down for 3-5 days. I'm guessing business days, which means I can't play SFxT on my ID come Tuesday(which I booked off work to play), and I feel super ugh about the situation.

Does it usually take them longer anyone know? I think Rexx was saying welcome to the 25 day club. Does it take 25 days for them to give your account back?

I have like 35-38K achievement points, but I honestly don't give a shit and am fine with just making a different gamertag if it comes down to it to play sine I'm already in so deep for the game with a day booked off work solely for it.

I wish in situations like this Msoft would allow me to the means to find this person, because I'd gladly fly out to where this punk bitch little kid is, beat his parents, and beat sense into him too. Guessing it's a kid because they pissed my hard earned dough on Dragon Ball Z episodes and Talladaga Nights. Seriously?....

Top Bottom