• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

Bit of a silly question but just to be safe, it is OK to post recorded videos of games that have broken street date? (Still don't have it BTW)

Horseress

Just sayin, what do I win for this?

It's been fun Lupinko. ;)

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme-240x180.png

LowParry

Bit of a silly question but just to be safe, it is OK to post recorded videos of games that have broken street date? (Still don't have it BTW)

Happens all the time, so sure. The worse that can happen is your videos get taken down by Capcom.

ShinAmano

Stupid question/assumption time...

So with the alt outfits and eventual dlc characters...how will Capcom handle alt outfits for dlc characters?

Will those who buy the sets get the alts automaticly or have to buy n ew mini costume pack for the new characters?

LowParry

Stupid question/assumption time...

So with the alt outfits and eventual dlc characters...how will Capcom handle alt outfits for dlc characters?

Will those who buy the sets get the alts automaticly or have to buy n ew mini costume pack for the new characters?

My guess is the characters will come with an alt costume, then more outfits will be out as DLC.

And is anyone going to go and check out their local Gamestop for the guide? Site says it's out today.

Has anyone noticed that this game seems to have some of the best background music in a Capcom fighting game in a long while? Quite a few tracks remind me of the CPS2 games, stylistically.

LowParry

Agreed. The mammoth/snow stage and final pandora stage are my favorites. Was it ever confirmed that there are character theme music with sound setting changes?

Tizoc

Has anyone noticed that this game seems to have some of the best background music in a Capcom fighting game in a long while? Quite a few tracks remind me of the CPS2 games, stylistically.

I like the music, but not the insturments used. While I might need to listen to the music a lot more to give judgement, I think that if they used normal insturments like guitars, etc. instead of what I assume is a synthesizer, the music would sound a lot better.

ElFly

Haven't really listened to the bgm since I get more of my impressions of the game from streams where it's hard to pay attention to it.

But that's quite a compliment towards the game's music.

B00TE

And is anyone going to go and check out their local Gamestop for the guide? Site says it's out today.

I was told to check in tomorrow. Hoping it's there, would be a great weekend read.

Edit: the gamestop site is telling me it's out the 7th now. I hope that only applies to the website.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know this sounds really, really dumb but I haven't been following this at all but is this 4 buttons or 6? I mained Juri back in SSF4 but since my stick broke, maining her has been akin to self-immolation.

TDLink

I know this sounds really, really dumb but I haven't been following this at all but is this 4 buttons or 6? I mained Juri back in SSF4 but since my stick broke, maining her has been akin to self-immolation.

It's 6 buttons but AFAIK the Tekken characters primarily use 4 to stay more true to their style.

"It's 6 buttons but AFAIK the Tekken characters primarily use 4 to stay more true to their style."

Not really, they've said that the the Tekken characters do have some strings that are iconic to their character that use the same buttons that they would in Tekken's 4 button layout. I believe one of the examples mentioned was Kazuya?'s 1, 1, 2, being a "lp, lp, mp" input, which is the same.

They still use all 6 buttons mostly, it's just their strings are the same input as they are in Tekken.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SFxT, Pac Man and Toro songs are OFF. THE. HOOK.

Thumbs up to Capcom composers!

LowParry

It's 6 buttons but AFAIK the Tekken characters primarily use 4 to stay more true to their style.

Some of the characters for Tekken work different. Ling for example. Her stances are the same however you using 3 buttons instead of the two (Example: Art of Phoenix - Down 3xP). Another is her Rain Dance into (I believe) is her Mistrust (Down 3xK + Kick) can be used as a projectile reflect, same as you would see in Rose's Soul Reflect. Just these small things are a complete mindfuck of how I play Ling in Tekken. And I swear I've seen her do her X Marks the Spot but can't find any notation of her moveset.

TDLink

"It's 6 buttons but AFAIK the Tekken characters primarily use 4 to stay more true to their style."

Not really, they've said that the the Tekken characters do have some strings that are iconic to their character that use the same buttons that they would in Tekken's 4 button layout. I believe one of the examples mentioned was Kazuya?'s 1, 1, 2, being a "lp, lp, mp" input, which is the same.

They still use all 6 buttons mostly, it's just their strings are the same input as they are in Tekken.

Ah, ok. That is where I got confused then. Still pretty cool though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I ask because I'm terrible at transitioning between fighting games (speed from BB/GG just doesn't mesh with SF) and playing certain characters on a pad just feels incredibly limiting.

I mean, I'll probably just switch to an all Tekken cast but geez :/

LowParry

I ask because I'm terrible at transitioning between fighting games (speed from BB/GG just doesn't mesh with SF) and playing certain characters on a pad just feels incredibly limiting.

I mean, I'll probably just switch to an all Tekken cast but geez :/

I know what you mean. I think I've just settled on the idea that I can only transition between SF and Tekken. Marvel? Can't. Blazblue? FML. Soul Calibur I can get away with but geez. This game is still going to feel like SF. I'll probably only play Vega and Bison on the SF side and learn the Tekken characters.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm really having problems deciding who should be Asuka's partner. It's really a toss up between Chun-li and Xiaoyu, maybe even Poison at this point.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
A guy on twitter got it early @sephi22 and he is willing to answer any question we have.
Ask away!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

A guy on twitter got it early @sephi22 and he is willing to answer any question we have.
Ask away!

EDIT: Sorry for the double post

A fallen solider, much respect to sephi!

How are the online features? Is the online ranking like sf4?

Dont really care how smooth online play is because that is always shaky before launch.

FinKL

Does Alpha Counter + Partner switch = Mind Blown? Can't say i've seen usage of it, since it's like KOF's does the partner coming in do damage or is it still kind of like a blowback which doesn't kill?

LakeEarth

Does Alpha Counter + Partner switch = Mind Blown? Can't say i've seen usage of it, since it's like KOF's does the partner coming in do damage or is it still kind of like a blowback which doesn't kill?

I'm sure it's one of those things we'll start seeing more of as the game progresses. In MvC3, it was over a month before people used the x-factor cancel for more than xfactor -> level 3.

Spacebar

I pre ordered the game and strategy guide off amazon. Do they normally ship the guide early enough so you get it launch day with the game? It didn't give me an option for release date delivery.

Blueblur1

I pre ordered the game and strategy guide off amazon. Do they normally ship the guide early enough so you get it launch day with the game? It didn't give me an option for release date delivery.

I ordered the guide with the standard shipping option and it gave me a delivery estimate of March 9, 2012 - March 13, 2012. So basically it won't be arriving at the same time as the game in my case.

Spacebar

I ordered the guide with the standard shipping option and it gave me a delivery estimate of March 9, 2012 - March 13, 2012. So basically it won't be arriving at the same time as the game in my case.

GARBAGE! They need to release guides a few days early before the game comes out.

Tizoc

^Grrr, Oman's just a few hours drive from Dubai (OK actually 6-8 hours), why I gotta wait until next week? ;.;

Fanatiq got it urley....dat damn lucky bastand xD

528373050.jpg

As a fellow pad player, Fanatiq is my hero, may he have endless hours of fun and kicking ass for as long as this game's scene lasts ;.;

^Grrr, Oman's just a few hours drive from Dubai (OK actually 6-8 hours), why I gotta wait until next week? ;.;

As a fellow pad player, Fanatiq is my hero, may he have endless hours of fun and kicking ass for as long as this game's scene lasts ;.;

How slow do u drive? isnt oman a couple of hours away? Game street closes late. I was thinking of driving.now to.get.it.(1 hr) but im horizontal on my couch.. :/

Horseress

Well, I've just pre-ordered my copy, it will be here in two weeks! Very urley if you count that here in Brazil games come VERY late.

Top Bottom