• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Thunder Wave is the new Ibuki Kunai, only with a terrible hitbox and no mixup.

Also, the only difference between normal Thunder Wave and EX Thunder Wave is that you can't combo after the EX version. Same damage and hitbox, negligible difference in speed.

edit: HOLY SHIT YOU CAN EX THUNDER WAVE DURING AN ANGLED JUMP AND ALMOST CROSS UP WITH IT

Finally got the chance to play. God damn, I imagined the sound glitch to throw me off some times,but I never would‘ve expected it to be so horrible. If it wasn‘t because of that the online would be amazing.

Anyays, I‘m liking Hwaorang and Jin so far, but I have no idea what I should be doing to juggle with the former :/

Sayah

I'm going to bitch.
This game is becoming anger-inducing. So many Ryu's and Ken's online.....so much turtling.......so much shoryuken spamming. Why don't other characters have such moves that can basically override everything? Why does Nina have to have low health just b/c she's female? :/

LakeEarth

Argh Rolento is absolutely infuriating to fight against. What are you even supposed to do? He has constant frame advantage up close, beats out my pokes in footsies range, and has a great anti-air. I'm so mad after fighting 3 Rolento's in a row.

Yeah whoever said 'everyone uses hugo' must've had an odd experience. I'm seeing Rolento after Rolento after Rolento.

Above: You're seriously bitching about Nina's health? She's incredible.

How's Lars in the game?

They gave him the 'Leo' treatment here. Small move list but a useful one.

-Lightning Screw = His dragon punch special. Looks pretty similar to Adon's shoryuken thing.
-Avalanche Stomp = The special that looks like Adon's Jaguar kick. It actually does more, If you press either LP or MP you can get a feint or low attack out during it. Demon flip with Jaguar Kick as a starter huh.
-Silent Entry = Short dash forward that can lead to a Lightning Thrust or a Rising storm move which launches.
-Dynamic Entry = Short dash forward but finishes with a shoulder bash thing. Connect with that and you can then get Lock & Load launcher to combo which has another followup with Double Barrel. Shoulder bash can also be combo-ed into Mjolnir which is an overhead that ground bounces.
-The guy also only has 1 unique attack which is the Storm Axle but It looks to be an overhead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_qfKgEnwB4

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/eyetvsnapshot3.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/eyetvsnapshot4u.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/213/eyetvsnapshot5k.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/eyetvsnapshot6r.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/eyetvsnapshot7a.jpg/

The guy is scrubtastic. Just like he was in Tekken 6. :p

LakeEarth

Ever have a player keep kicking you out? I just had a good laugh going in and getting kicked out of a lobby 6 times in a row. Seriously, I counted.

4th Rolento in a row, whoo!

Yup, Rolento vs Hugo is a great team. My last 4 have been:
Rolento x Steve
Nina x Rolento
Rolento x Marduk
Rolento x can't remember, wasn't Hugo though

Sayah

If julia only has 1000 health cause she is female, if she was a guy would she have 1200?

That wasn't the point at all. :(
I'm assuming generally female characters have less health in fighters that distribute health unevenly. I haven't done any sort of calculations to prove this of course.

SUPARSTARX

I'm going to bitch.
This game is becoming anger-inducing. So many Ryu's and Ken's online.....so much turtling.......so much shoryuken spamming. Why don't other characters have such moves that can basically override everything? Why does Nina have to have low health just b/c she's female? :/

Nina has unhittable limbs on her normals and high damage punishes. Just bait people with half-strings and bait out limbs with c.MK xx QCB+HK and go right into some high damage punishes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

You can return it if you want to. ONLY if you bought the game for that feature. MY friend return the game because it don't have local online game for xbox360. He said if you mention false adversing and mention that they can check it online that they confirmed it isn't in game. They will have no choice but refund you.

Sayah

Nina has unhittable limbs on her normals and high damage punishes. Just bait people with half-strings and bait out limbs with c.MK xx QCB+HK and go right into some high damage punishes.

Does the MK or HK punish people that jump towards me and do an air attack while I'm on ground?

LakeEarth

I'm really enjoying Kazuya. Simple enough to do good damage, but complex enough to feel like you're badass when you kill in the corner. The only problem is I'm playing Kazuya/Paul, and they both have a similar qcf punch move. But you WANT to do Paul's EX version while there's always a better option with Kazuya.

AAK

I'm going to bitch.

I suck at this game and all so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.... but I think of Shoryukens like hopkicks in Tekken. They do work wonders at times when you randomly throw them out and are still a very strong weapon in anyone's arsenal, BUT in the end, they're unsafe. Once you grasp the means by which people spam it, you just bait/block and punish! Just for this game be careful of shoryuken tag-ins when you punish.

Sayah

I suck at this game and all so take whatever I say with a grain of salt.... but I think of Shoryukens like hopkicks in Tekken. They do work wonders at times when you randomly throw them out and are still a very strong weapon in anyone's arsenal, BUT in the end, they're unsafe. Once you grasp the means by which people spam it, you just bait/block and punish! Just for this game be careful of shoryuken tag-ins when you punish.

For me, shoryuken's seem to come at the most unexpected times. When it's done right after the opponent gets up, then it's easier to predict and punish but with everything else, not so much.

AAK

I guess the best thing to do is to go to practice mode and observe the trajectory of the hurt-box on the different Shoryukens. From there I suppose with that knowledge you can properly gauge at which angle and distance jumpins are safe and such.

Sayah

I guess the best thing to do is to go to practice mode and observe the trajectory of the hurt-box on the different Shoryukens. From there I suppose with that knowledge you can properly gauge at which angle and distance jumpins are safe and such.

Jump ins to me don't seem to be safe at any angle when a shoryuken is being performed right in front of me. At least, that's what it seems like.

Should play against me. I'm bad.

I'm on PSN. I'll send a FR in case anyone's looking for games. :)

How does the net code on PSN hold up? I usually always go with the 360 version, but the PS3 version has too many advantages it seems...

SUPARSTARX

Does the MK or HK punish people that jump towards me and do an air attack while I'm on ground?

Yes, when you are spaced right, they don't trade with you. At worse you will trade. You cleanly swat them out of the air if you learn the spacing right.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'm going to bitch.

Solution: stop playing this bullshit. don't waste your time being so frustrated for no good reason. if not, well, accept the shoto orgy as a fact of life and eventually you'll be owning them no problem. hopefully.

Imm0rt4l

Jump ins to me don't seem to be safe at any angle when a shoryuken is being performed right in front of me. At least, that's what it seems like.

I'm on PSN. I'll send a FR in case anyone's looking for games. :)

Don't telegraph your jump ins, average joes can't antiair that effectively especially if you use crossups often. Try working on your ground game, if you're in the psn gaf chat I'm sure some people may be willing to help/critique.

How does the net code on PSN hold up? I usually always go with the 360 version, but the PS3 version has too many advantages it seems...

I've been playing a lot of ranked on both and I feel like the net code is pretty similar. A 4 bar connection results in a very playable game while 3 bars can be decent or terrible.

Sayah

Yes, when you are spaced right, they don't trade with you. At worse you will trade. You cleanly swat them out of the air if you learn the spacing right.

Trying it online now and it seems to be working. :D

Solution: stop playing this bullshit. don't waste your time being so frustrated for no good reason. if not, well, accept the shoto orgy as a fact of life and eventually you'll be owning them no problem. hopefully.

It's just Ryu + Ken that are bothersome. Everyone else, I seem to be having not much trouble with. But unfortunately, a lot of people online are picking one of the the two or both aforementioned characters.

This is pretty much true. You'll get so much experience vs the horde of shoto players that they should be a cakewalk eventually. You just need to dumb yourself down a little when you play them(mind games or any type of advanced play does not work on an idiot) and punish effectively.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
thanks for the lobby and stream, gg to everyone that i played

thanks Q for showing me the light that is Ogre

You see what I mean by dhalsims teleport invince frames last to damn long now though? lol I punch through you at different timings most of the time.

Sigmaah

You don't become Undisputed King of FightingGAF without earning a few haters.

#001 (connect with 5 normal moves) and #009 (connect with 3 special moves) usually activate pretty closely to each other for me.
#017 (connect with 1 launcher) could be activated at almost any time, and it's a level 2 gem.

Thanks bro!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE POWER!!!

Also, I'm gonna main Lars because he has a KAKASHI ALT <3

I've been playing a lot of ranked on both and I feel like the net code is pretty similar. A 4 bar connection results in a very playable game while 3 bars can be decent or terrible.

Thanks. Guess I will go with the PS3 version then. I need a use for my vanilla TE stick anyway.

SaberVulcan

So I dont even want to touch the randoms online in this game yet. Playing vs friends, the sound cutting out messes with my already awful linking ability.

"Argh Rolento is absolutely infuriating to fight against. What are you even supposed to do? He has constant frame advantage up close, beats out my pokes in footsies range, and has a great anti-air. I'm so mad after fighting 3 Rolento's in a row."

Alpha counter any blocked rekkas for free and then mount your own offense.

There is no reason not to have a 100% alpha counter rate on blocked rekkas if you have the meter and desire to alpha counter him. It is braindead simple.

GorillaJu

"Argh Rolento is absolutely infuriating to fight against. What are you even supposed to do? He has constant frame advantage up close, beats out my pokes in footsies range, and has a great anti-air. I'm so mad after fighting 3 Rolento's in a row."

There is no reason not to have a 100% alpha counter rate on blocked rekkas if you have the meter and desire to alpha counter him. It is braindead simple.

Is this because of how many hits each baton twirl is, so you have lots of time to react? Or is it because they're slow enough you can time an AC to the second rekka?

goldensun

For me, shoryuken's seem to come at the most unexpected times. When it's done right after the opponent gets up, then it's easier to predict and punish but with everything else, not so much.
You'll get DP'd if your links aren't perfect and your frame traps aren't tight. You'll have to learn the spacing on your normals and eventually, if you are dedicated enough, learn your frame data to know what's safe on block and at what distance. Hell, if they're mashers it's fun to do a crossup or safejump, cr.LP, wait, block mashed DP, full punish.

The more you play the more you'll have plans/reactions to deal with the scrubs that mash :) Just keep at it. Like any street fighter, time and practice really pay off in the long run if you stick with it.

Anyone wanna play on XBL? I'm located in SoCal. Add me: awwjayzin . I've been playing Ogre and Abel, then mix it up with Yoshi/Bob. When I start to get bored or frustrated, I mess around with the SF cast.

Hit me up! My Ogre will make you cry.

"Is this because of how many hits each baton twirl is, so you have lots of time to react? Or is it because they're slow enough you can time an AC to the second rekka?"

The former. The instant you notice you are blocking rekkas, you can literally just hold forward and press (or mash!) hp+hk and you will get the AC every single time. Doesn't even require them to go to a second rekka.

433 for one bar with Megaman:

jFP, clFP xx EX Ice Shot, L Mega Uppercut, cLP, clFP xx H Mega Uppercut

549 for 3 bars:

jFP, clFP xx EX Ice Shot, L Mega Uppercut, cMP xx FP xx Super

LakeEarth

I've been running into Rolento's that don't do the first rekka in a blockstring ever. Annoying.

GorillaJu

"Is this because of how many hits each baton twirl is, so you have lots of time to react? Or is it because they're slow enough you can time an AC to the second rekka?"

The former. The instant you notice you are blocking rekkas, you can literally just hold forward and press (or mash!) hp+hk and you will get the AC every single time. Doesn't even require them to go to a second rekka.

I see, thanks. I'll keep this in mind for if I ever face a Rolento.

I don't think I've encountered but one or two Rolentos on Japanese PSN. Ryu is by far the most popular character and outside of him it's been a decent mix of all the characters.

Though I did get beaten by some asshat trolling with the cat characters. That loss hurt :( (and brought me back down to 0pp)

Top Bottom