• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

brian

Mist Step is kind of tricky to do from crouching if you do the forward + QCF motion. I suggest double QCF when canceling out of crouch. I find it a lot easier to hit that combo doing it that way.

LakeEarth

Why is law's multi-punch special only -5 on block, and push him back so most jabs would whiff? Looks like you should be able to massacre after it, but you can't.

Mist Step is kind of tricky to do from crouching if you do the forward + QCF motion. I suggest double QCF when canceling out of crouch. I find it a lot easier to hit that combo doing it that way.

I also like f into hcf. That way you can't miss the neutral.

Hit Confirm into Slaughter hook, then hold forward-down as the animation of Slaughter hook is taking place, then hit cr.HP, qcf mist step into dragon upper.

I'm doing everything I can think of and the consistency is just not there. Even in training mode I'm probably only landing it 40-50% of the time. And I'm checking my inputs and it's almost always the same. I guess the whole "neutral" thing is my issue. I think I'm doing it too fast sometimes and even when I do half circles and other short cuts, it doesn't count as "neutral", but I'm still getting DGF almost every time I fail to do mist step.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
So wait, why is Teamsp00ky going to Own3D.tv? Is it because the drama with Jared or some bullshit?

Arturo's reasons might be slightly more superficial (Jared drama), but Sp00ky is mostly moving because of Twitch server issues and unfair revenue sharing from ads.

Kuugrr

So wait, why is Teamsp00ky going to Own3D.tv? Is it because the drama with Jared or some bullshit?

I'm sure that's a part of it, but Spooky has been unhappy with Twitch's performance during big events for a while and wanted to try out own3d.

zlatko

Banned
Damn. I guess the internet doesn't like me today, haha.

Must be the case. This is so smooth and so good looking holy shit. I'm in Colorado too on my shitty laptop on wireless. If this is what own3d is going to do for events in the future I'm all for the switch from twitch.

Edit: Just as I type this it turned to shit. FML.

For me the stream is not only smooth, but it's the best looking stream I've ever seen in terms of video quality. I'm all for this if they can maintain something this good on a stream as big as a Major.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
For me the stream is not only smooth, but it's the best looking stream I've ever seen in terms of video quality. I'm all for this if they can maintain something this good on a stream as big as a Major.

Well Art having the best internet currently available in the country does help a bit :p, too bad we can't get dat fios for every major.

Junie12

And some of you were saying Megaman is bad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j35zckhRwXQ

KuGsj.gif

Oh man, I have to try this when I get the game!

zlatko

Banned
So I finally went with Paul/Kazuya today. Both having the same attack gems load out of 1 3 and 8 I believe is what I'm using.

The result? Total domination and bye bye time outs finally. Paul <3

Paul is definitely underrated. He has some solid mix ups, solid damage, easy combos, and that jab pressure really fucks with people who don't want to use alpha counters.

Plus he has the best super in the game by a metric shit ton. OSU!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So how small is the time window for linking jump cancel into super with Ibuki? 2 frames? Is it the amount of frames she's grounded during the startup of her jump animation?

alstein

So I finally went with Paul/Kazuya today. Both having the same attack gems load out of 1 3 and 8 I believe is what I'm using.

The result? Total domination and bye bye time outs finally. Paul <3

Paul is definitely underrated. He has some solid mix ups, solid damage, easy combos, and that jab pressure really fucks with people who don't want to use alpha counters.

Plus he has the best super in the game by a metric shit ton. OSU!

I'm using him also. His mix-ups aren't that great really, and he's so damn slow. He has his good points. f+hp into super is just a wtf when you hit it. He has real issues on wakeup on people jumping in on him, not so much ground though due to sway.

I'm using him also. His mix-ups aren't that great really, and he's so damn slow. He has his good points. f+hp into super is just a wtf when you hit it. He has real issues on wakeup on people jumping in on him, not so much ground though due to sway.

sooooo slow. so slow. But that safe Phoenix Smasher, b

I got disconnected because of my dorm internet. Sorry guys, I'll play diapers Megaman against you later. I beat all 20 Mega trials and ran through arcade mode to get the best titles.

I think random neutral jump thunder wave might be a top tier strategy.

GB is playing. Oh yeah. And using Mega Man too.

And he could be worse than even Degen.

I timed out Q with Megaman Vonutt! That's gotta count for something!

Degen

You don't become Undisputed King of FightingGAF without earning a few haters.

Anyone know what 3 power gems I can use that will for the most part, nearly activate at the same time?
#001 (connect with 5 normal moves) and #009 (connect with 3 special moves) usually activate pretty closely to each other for me.
#017 (connect with 1 launcher) could be activated at almost any time, and it's a level 2 gem.

brian

Argh Rolento is absolutely infuriating to fight against. What are you even supposed to do? He has constant frame advantage up close, beats out my pokes in footsies range, and has a great anti-air. I'm so mad after fighting 3 Rolento's in a row.

Top Bottom