• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

hertog

I'm going with raven or Kazuya together with my Guile.
I think I'm giving up on King, he's such an awesome character, but he's way to punishable.

If you miss your chance on that knee combo, you're pretty much done for. And with the soundglitches it's sometimes really hard to time them correctly.

So I'll go for Guile/Raven for some ultimate zoning tactics and Guile/Kazuya for zoning/damage.

V_Arnold

I'll try her out. I was doing Poison for the past week but why the fuck would you choose Poison when Ibuki is a better version of her?

Because Poison looks way better, and is also a new character, not Ibuki who you could have played for 2 years now (SSFIV?) :p And I am saying that as someone who kinda mained Ibuki beside Viper :D

Really liking Rolento/Boxer.

Rolento builds a lot of meter with meter gems and boxer has armor overheads with meter. I can only get about 400 dmg on 1 meter combo with boxer, but I can poke for 200 so easily. I will definitely be staying with him.

Novid

Banned
Ok, frankly anyone without a decent AA in this game is just a free win for Rufus and Juri.

The Rufus i met wernt that good. They spam so bad its not funny. and the fact they will never defang him makes it all the worse. You need a good zone game and even then he will take 50% WITHOUT EX and nearly 75% WITH EX and gain meter. frame advantages through the roof. If somebody mains him and dont get to C rank they suck period.

The Rufus i met wernt that good. They spam so bad its not funny. and the fact they will never defang him makes it all the worse. You need a good zone game and even then he will take 50% WITHOUT EX and nearly 75% WITH EX and gain meter. frame advantages through the roof. If somebody mains him and dont get to C rank they suck period.

<conspiracy>
I still think capcom gave Rufus his U2 in SSF4 as a counter for Daigo for Justin and Ricky to fly the American flag at EVO. Didn't quite work out even though they stuck with it when it wasn't working, but looks like Capcom are making up for it in this game.

Ryu being so beastly might seem to contradict this theory, but remember this is Capcom, they probably just stuffed up and didn't think it through.
</conspiracy>

Novid

Banned
<conspiracy>
I still think capcom gave Rufus his U2 in SSF4 as a counter for Daigo for Justin and Ricky to fly the American flag at EVO. Didn't quite work out even though they stuck with it when it wasn't working, but looks like Capcom are making up for it in this game.

Ryu being so beastly might seem to contradict this theory, but remember this is Capcom, they probably just stuffed up and didn't think it through.
</conspiracy>

lol

Onemic

Buying the game today so I'm preemptively putting my info up here. See you in the ring suckas!

PSN: onem1c
Region: Toronto, Canada

Onemic

I'm game, I guess I can be a moving target for you with my rusty ass skillz

EDIT: I had no idea you were still alive here corkscrew, thought you got killed off with the rest of rockband gaf. :(

Mileena

Banned
I'm game, I guess I can be a moving target for you with my rusty ass skillz

EDIT: I had no idea you were still alive here corkscrew, thought you got killed off with the rest of rockband gaf. :(
I'm immortal. And don't worry I only know how to play Vega. I have no real second character so I just pick Poison teehee

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I don't even know what it is about Heihachi, but it seems like every time I pop into training mode to mess around with him, I come out with at least one new combo that I didn't know before. Like this:

Rising Uppercut M, Muso Tettsui, Dragon Uppercut M, Dragon Uppercut Followup

Super easy to do, and 242 damage with no meter, 270 if the last Dragon Uppercut is EX.

I mean, I'm sure it's not really that impressive, but for me to go into training and figure something like that out in just a few minutes...yeah, that doesn't happen often. :lol

Man. I love Heihachi. :D

TGMIII

Man, I don't even know what it is about Heihachi, but it seems like every time I pop into training mode to mess around with him, I come out with at least one new combo that I didn't know before. Like this:

Rising Uppercut M, Muso Tettsui, Dragon Uppercut M, Dragon Uppercut Followup

Super easy to do, and 242 damage with no meter, 270 if the last Dragon Uppercut is EX.

I mean, I'm sure it's not really that impressive, but for me to go into training and figure something like that out in just a few minutes...yeah, that doesn't happen often. :lol

Man. I love Heihachi. :D

He has really simple and damaging combos. You can do crossup j.RH > s.FP > Rising uppercut M > s.FP > Rising uppercut M > s.FP > Dragon uppercut M > followup.

Can't remember how much damage it does but it's my B&B for now.

Kazuya seriously lacks AA, the only real option is to do a miststep+LP on reaction..

A well timed cr. HP works pretty good. I've been doing that again opponents who does deep jump ins on me, and you can follow up with sweep as well like Ryu. Maybe more but I never tried. I don't think either of the mist step uppercuts is a good idea though. He moves forward too much and normally people are jumping in right on top of you so you'll whiff. I've tried several times with Rising uppercut and I'm always whiffing unless they did a far jump in.

What is this 5on5 tournament Mago, Tokido and Bonchan are talking about?

1 team = momochi, yhcmochi, uryo, haitani, sako

Edit: It's Topanga's 2nd Charity Cup

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So who would make a good partner for Heihachi? I'm assuming it'd be someone with high mobility, to make up for the fact that Heihachi has basically none. :lol Any suggestions?

Guanoape

Neo Member
Someone posted pictures of Blanka's trials on SRK. It looks like a direct copy-paste from AE2012, except now he has the ability to easily link into his super (ultra). I guess Capcom wasn't kidding when they said that they had difficulties making Blanka work in this game...

TGMIII

So who would make a good partner for Heihachi? I'm assuming it'd be someone with high mobility, to make up for the fact that Heihachi has basically none. :lol Any suggestions?

That's how I'm dealing with it, someone to get in so that I can tag heihachi in and be up in their face. I'm using rufus right now and he straight up mauls but I've got a feeling it won't last forever, their synergy is great though. Juri seems like a good match for heihachi and she's a beast herself. From the little I've played around with her, pinwheel allows reasonably safe cross tags and they both wreck in the corner.

SUPARSTARX

Trying it online now and it seems to be working. :D

It's just Ryu + Ken that are bothersome. Everyone else, I seem to be having not much trouble with. But unfortunately, a lot of people online are picking one of the the two or both aforementioned characters.
It's a fresh game and it's still a very jab oriented game. Tekken characters basically still hold the essence of their 3d counter parts with the hit, block, hit, block, setup an attack on the side and punish. It's present and supported by the frame data which 90% of them have -5's all over. 5 frames for a long of long range normals to almost punish on the spot but will indefinitely counter hit if you mash after it.

Weird problem here is that SF characters move so fast, they kind of control the up front space many times. Tekken characters in general dominate in the horizontal space often and in the air to air too. They're just lacking normal anti airs you'd find on a lot SF characters. But that's not to say they're free to jump ins, they're still good as long as you intelligently tech throws and block further.

I'm running Nina x Law at the moment so I feel your pain but at the same time she eats people up in the corner. You basically hit them with highs or lows or they get desperate trying to get out. Rolls = punish hard and make sure you mean it by shaving off at least 40% of their health.

So sex!

LakeEarth

I too will sing Kazuya's praises. He's the first Tekken character I played that I REALLY like.

Ken's stepkick, but overhead? Yes please.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, another random question. I noticed that the top person on the PS3 leaderboards right now is someone called Epic-x_LayLa_x. If I remember right, this is the same person on the top of the UMvC3 and SSFIV leaderboards as well. Watching one of their replays, their opponent just stood there and let them win. Which usually shouldn't happen in Ranked, since it's random opponents. What the hell? Has this person found some sort of way to game Capcom's BP system?

Onemic

How good is megaman the fatass monstrosity? Or cole? For tekken chars ive been thinking about trying raven, kazuya, and jin. Are these chars any good and have any aa?

Okay, another random question. I noticed that the top person on the PS3 leaderboards right now is someone called Epic-x_LayLa_x. If I remember right, this is the same person on the top of the UMvC3 and SSFIV leaderboards as well. Watching one of their replays, their opponent just stood there and let them win. Which usually shouldn't happen in Ranked, since it's random opponents. What the hell? Has this person found some sort of way to game Capcom's BP system?
it's nothing new. iirc they just sync join games.

RS4-

Keep on kicking until you find your boosting buddy?

AAK

Hmm, I guess they should do ranked matches like Tekken 6. Once an opponent is found, you can only see the connection level, not the name. And you can only accept or decline from that, other than that they're anonymous until the match begins. But meh, leader boards mean nothing to me (because I suck).

zlatko

Banned
Can you even imagine how long that must take to do that enough to be #1 ranked in 3 different games. A monumental waste of time.

I bet he's swimming in pussy.

I'm sure his tombstone will be dedicated to his leaderboard achievements and virtual internet points.

#jealous

Shadybiz

I started messing with Hwaorang in the lab the other day, which makes sense, because I used to be good with him in Tekken. Something just clicked here, so I think I'll be focusing on him. I wanted to get good with Steve, but I don't know; something just feels off with that character for me. How is Balrog compared to Steve? I'd like to be able to use one of the boxing characters.

Wizpig

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the 2 v. 2 mode is that Super Smash Bros. thing with 4 characters on screen?
I'm surprised people play that, let alone playing that with a friend on the couch...

What i need for my 360 version are Pacman and Megaman ;_;

I have mixed feelings about the netcode: i don't mind TOO MUCH the audio stuff, but my problem with it is the netcode itself hasn't improved much from SF 4.
It works, mind you, i usually have matches without input lag, i didn't have any major problems like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, but i've seen some lag in the character introductions and stuff.
You'd expect a perfect offline-ish netcode with all these audio problems...

What's the (360 players) consensus about the netcode? aside from the audio stuff.

Top Bottom