• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The update just went up on Capcom Unity. It looks to me like they just made a new excuse for not having couch co-op on Live, while making no mention of ever patching it in... cool!

Actually, this sounds like the real mode excuse, rather than "it's unpossible on Xbox don't blame us".

It sounds like just what I expected: it's not a simple thing to shove in since 360 does have various kinds of account restrictions to juggle around. Just because other games have it doesn't mean it's simplistic. And it got cut due to the rushed nature of the game.

Don't see any reason not to believe that one.

jbug617

Banned
i'm having a hard time making the transition for SF4 to this. I know I want to keep Sim but having a hard time coming with someone who compliments him on the Tekken side (using Sim with Sagat or Ryu for now).

Degen just got perfected on stream. Best GAFFER my ass.

image.php

Ferrio

Banned
Not really.

Ultra throw is a gamble in this game. You get 200 from a moonsault press, and you can get ~260 from an ultra throw. But the ultra throw takes nearly twice as many frames to come out.

I was being sarcastic, ya no reason you'd use it instead of moonsault.

galvatron

i'm having a hard time making the transition for SF4 to this. I know I want to keep Sim but having a hard time coming with someone who compliments him on the Tekken side (using Sim with Sagat or Ryu for now).

What's wrong with Vega? Arturo Sanchez looks pretty beastly with Sim/Vega.

brian

The update just went up on Capcom Unity. It looks to me like they just made a new excuse for not having couch co-op on Live, while making no mention of ever patching it in... cool!

That's so lame... even a bit of a slap in the face. So the update is that you were lying that it was not possible, it's just too much work. Fuck you, Capcom.

Dartastic

The best part is that while they were working on adding additional characters that they expect us to pay for later down the road, they were like "oh, let's cut a feature from the game instead of maybe cutting a character that we can finish work on later." For fucks sake, Capcom.

The best part is that while they were working on adding additional characters that they expect us to pay for later down the road, they were like "oh, let's cut a feature from the game instead of maybe cutting a character that we can finish work on later." For fucks sake, Capcom.

Damnit... they had time for those 12 dlc characters but not this feature? And to top it off, we have to wait for the Vita in order to get those 12 characters? Just how much money did Sony give them?

h3ro

I love how chopping this feature was due to time constraints, but working on DLC due to be released 7 months down the line was priority.

Bull shit.

What are they all working on now that a small team can't implement this in a patch?

I don't think I want to purchase another Capcom fighter after this nonsense. Really can't support this. Time to give more of my money to SNK, Arc Sys Works and Netherrealm.

Sheesh, this is seriously the worst online in any fighting game I've played. I live in Asian country that isn't japan/korea, so I'm shit out of luck. Even SF4 vanilla was a much better online experience for me as I could at least search for those rare good connections, but with this dumb setup they've got now, I can't search for shit. It just keeps throwing me into shitty zero bar connections.

Why the fuck can't we choose the people we join in ranked? :(

Anyway, game itself is pretty fucking great. I'd be mad if I didn't have a huge community to play with locally.

So I just played my cousin in a really long set. I don't know how many matches we played, but we played for about an hour and a half. We mainly played 1v1 because we're working on our new character(me with Kazuya, him with Paul). In the probably 50+ attempts I had to do Kaz's slaughter hook, cr. HP, mist step>Dragon Uppercut(followed by mid kick), I probably only got it 3 times :|

Luckily for me screwing up a mist step into either uppercuts normally means you get a Dragon God Fist which does pretty good damage as well so I can't complain too much. But I'd like to be one of those guys that can do mist step during the combo instead of just by itself which I'm still no good at to this point. Man I wish I could just take all the knowledge and execution I have acquired after a year with this game and use them right now. It would really help me not feel so awkward when playing this character.

supahkiwi

Banned
So I just played my cousin in a really long set. I don't know how many matches we played, but we played for about an hour and a half. We mainly played 1v1 because we're working on our new character(me with Kazuya, him with Paul). In the probably 50+ attempts I had to do Kaz's slaughter hook, cr. HP, mist step>Dragon Uppercut(followed by mid kick), I probably only got it 3 times :|

Luckily for me screwing up a mist step into either uppercuts normally means you get a Dragon God Fist which does pretty good damage as well so I can't complain too much. But I'd like to be one of those guys that can do mist step during the combo instead of just by itself which I'm still no good at to this point. Man I wish I could just take all the knowledge and execution I have acquired after a year with this game and use them right now. It would really help me not feel so awkward when playing this character.

Hit Confirm into Slaughter hook, then hold forward-down as the animation of Slaughter hook is taking place, then hit cr.HP, qcf mist step into dragon upper.

Top Bottom